• This topic is locked This topic is locked
499 replies to this topic

#41 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

As Mentioned above this has the smell of a parise and Suter all over again...homeboys wanting to stay home to play.... Hope it turns out to be true!

Sidenote: its Sunny spring break and perfect beach day here in Destin coeds galore and im ocd about checking my phone every hour for updAtes about a college hockey player deciding to play for my beloved Wings!

Leftwinger....is the anticipation killing you?:):)
******* cracking up at you and feel your anxiety
thru your posts:)

#42 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,603 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

He HAS to sign with Detroit. It's too obvious.

If he signs with Edmonton I will be extremely disappointed.

I'm a little uneasy that he's taking until mid-week to decide. The fact that he didn't just sign with The Wings right away makes me nervous.....
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#43 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

I really hope we sign him, he has great tools and of course because he's hometown boy. Future Wings captain!

"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#44 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

As Mentioned above this has the smell of a parise and Suter all over again...homeboys wanting to stay home to play.... Hope it turns out to be true!

Sidenote: its Sunny spring break and perfect beach day here in Destin coeds galore and im ocd about checking my phone every hour for updAtes about a college hockey player deciding to play for my beloved Wings!

Leftwinger....is the anticipation killing you? :):)
******* cracking up at you and feel your anxiety
thru your posts:)

Yes it is! ARGH! But dude, sit back, enjoy the coeds! We aren't going anywhere! It's cold here in Michigan! Besides, if he waits until Wed to decide just think about all the "sites" you have missed looking at while having your face in the phone! :lol:

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

Money on the board: $30.00 plus immunity.

Franzen = 0.333 PPG

#45 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:20 PM

Yes it is! ARGH! But dude, sit back, enjoy the coeds! We aren't going anywhere! It's cold here in Michigan! Besides, if he waits until Wed to decide just think about all the "sites" you have missed looking at while having your face in the phone! :lol:

Good point....benefit of having a personal training biz on the beach is all the college bizness this time of year so I hate to rub it in but that view is pretty much my office the entire month of March:)

Thanks for reminding me whats important this Sunday afternoon:)

#46 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

You are Welcome! That being said, the Wings are a 12 month dedication! That is why we are the best fans in the world...

Franzen = 0.333 PPG

#47 DetroitRedWings1993

DetroitRedWings1993

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

Damn co-eds getting in the way of hockey!

Sit back and enjoy the sun and sights, man.  DeKeyser will sign with whoever he signs with later on in the week, probably.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is rated PG-13 for epic battle sequences.

#48 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

There is something very angelic about some of these coeds...example, bikini and a Wings sweater over it!! I know i know, without a picture it didnt happen!

#49 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

I think I read he'll be signing Wednesday but cant remmeber where I saw that now. It doesnt make me that nervous that hes taking some time to decide, his agency would make sure he does his due dilligence before making the biggest decision hes made in his life. I would say hes 90% Detroit right now, the fact that hes offered top 4 minutes in Detriot and PP time should seal the deal. The fact that in the past the wings didnt have room to make this kind of offer would worry me but now they can

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#50 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

I think I read he'll be signing Wednesday but cant remmeber where I saw that now. It doesnt make me that nervous that hes taking some time to decide, his agency would make sure he does his due dilligence before making the biggest decision hes made in his life. I would say hes 90% Detroit right now, the fact that hes offered top 4 minutes in Detriot and PP time should seal the deal. The fact that in the past the wings didnt have room to make this kind of offer would worry me but now they can

Exactly!  This has a ton to do with why Detroit convinced him to go back to college for another year.  Every analyst out there said he was ready last year to come out.  So if Detroit were to be the front runner, they would have had to have a spot for him.  Last season, they had ZERO spots available and this year they have top 4 minutes....Now, I know you cannot predict injuries, but I can imagine the conversation between Danny and the Wings brass included the fact that "next season we will not have Stuart and more than likely not have Lidstrom.  Go back to school for another year, try to win that championship and then we'll have a spot for you next year..."

Think about it, even if they had landed Suter, they still lost both Lids and Staurt, had no idea that Kindl would mature so much (I know I didn't) and they also had to use Lashoff because of injuries....so even with Suter they knew that they would have a better chance at Danny this year than last, if NHL icetime was/is going to be the deciding factor...and the fact that Danny took their advice a went to College instead of just signing on with a NHL club for the icetime (which he could've gotten somewhere last year) proves to me that he is really REALLY interested in being a Detroit Red Wing and not just anywhere in the NHL...

Franzen = 0.333 PPG

#51 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

The vibe I'm getting is that he'll definitely sign with the Red Wings in the next few days. Also, I know a lot of people are pretty excited about the kid here, but I hope no one expects him to put up a ton of points, or be super flashy off the bat. Maybe eventually he develops into that role, but from what I've seen (and heard second hand) he's a really quiet type of player who does all the little things right.

He's been touted as a Brad Stuart type of player, and that's what the Red Wings really need, imo. I'm pretty pumped to get him myself, but I feel like I know what to expect out of him (all around solid play).

#52 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

The vibe I'm getting is that he'll definitely sign with the Red Wings in the next few days. Also, I know a lot of people are pretty excited about the kid here, but I hope no one expects him to put up a ton of points, or be super flashy off the bat. Maybe eventually he develops into that role, but from what I've seen (and heard second hand) he's a really quiet type of player who does all the little things right.

He's been touted as a Brad Stuart type of player, and that's what the Red Wings really need, imo. I'm pretty pumped to get him myself, but I feel like I know what to expect out of him (all around solid play).

something the wings have been lacking at times this year. yeah, he won't be an instant allstar (few players are) but he's a guy that would be HUGE for us long term for sure. 

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#53 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:44 PM

something the wings have been lacking at times this year. yeah, he won't be an instant allstar (few players are) but he's a guy that would be HUGE for us long term for sure. 

Absolutely! I do not expect him to come in and be an All Star...I just want him to be a Red Wing for life!  Get him under contract now and he can grow into an all star, or even just a star.  I expect him to have growing pains here and there, I ecpect him to be a healthy scratch once in a while, but the point is to get this kid in our organization and he can be part of the growth of this Defense.  Barring injuries, Kronwall and Ericsson are going to lead this D, with a super young core of Smith, Dekeyser, Kindl & Lashoff for years!  If Q continues to develop better skills and re-signs here after next then this D is in for some great years together! Even if they sacrifice one of Kindl, Quincey or even Big E (which I doubt) this D is on its way up...a half of year and things are looking up already considering the loss of Lidstrom and Stuart was supposed to cripple us for the next 40 years...

Franzen = 0.333 PPG

#54 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,603 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

We should close this thread/stop posting here until he signs somewhere. #scared_of_the_jinx
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#55 gowings00

gowings00

No Talent Goon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

It seems to make the most sense.  Without taking in to affect my feelings toward him coming here you have to look at the facts....

Hometown kid....Idolized the Wings growing up...Wings cannot be outbid by money or length.  Wings want him bad. If he does spend some time in GR next season, his former Coach is there Head Coaching.  Has a teammate at WMU (Mike McKee) that is also Red Wings property and will eventually be a teammate with him again...The fact that when he was wanting to come out last season as a Sophomore, he took the advice of Red Wings brass to return to college for one more season, so he holds Ken Holland and Jim Nill with the upmost respect. He is very good friends with Jill Nill and his son. He has spent two or three years at the Wings rookie camps, playing with guys that would eventually be his teammates...Then throw in what I was told yesterday by my buddy (thru Danny's sister) that Babcock promised him a spot in the lineup...this is just a no brainer.  But, in the end the team he chooses is going to be a team he feels is the best fit for him...I just hope that its Detroit...

I'm thinking you could probably tell us what the guy ate for breakfast this morning. Good job!

#56 Franzine

Franzine

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

Anticipating Ken Daniels calling those "Dekeyserian dekes."

#57 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

People on here make me crack up at times.  Right now he's no better then anyone on our roster and possibly in line with Lashoff.  I find it hard to believe the Wings promised him top 4 minutes when they wouldnt promise Schultz - a much better player then him a roster spot just last summer.

It's amusing the over-valuing of prospects by some Wings fans. 

It must have something to do with him being from Michigan.  I remember the hype Abdelkader got.  Atleast he was drafted tho ;)

Nyquist isn't looking so hot this year.  Will people keep pumping his tires?

Posted Image

#58 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

People on here make me crack up at times.  Right now he's no better then anyone on our roster and possibly in line with Lashoff.  I find it hard to believe the Wings promised him top 4 minutes when they wouldnt promise Schultz - a much better player then him a roster spot just last summer.

It's amusing the over-valuing of prospects by some Wings fans. 

It must have something to do with him being from Michigan.  I remember the hype Abdelkader got.  Atleast he was drafted tho ;)

Nyquist isn't looking so hot this year.  Will people keep pumping his tires?

Nyquist hasn't looked so hot at the NHL level, but he's been the best player in the entire AHL so yes...his tires will be fully pumped.

#59 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

Nyquist hasn't looked so hot at the NHL level, but he's been the best player in the entire AHL so yes...his tires will be fully pumped.

Exactly where DeKeyser should be if we sign him.

Posted Image

#60 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

Exactly where DeKeyser should be if we sign him.

For all we know he will be...He will likely get a taste of the NHL while Quincey is hurt and he might get the black ace treatment if the Wings make the playoffs but I doubt the Wings or anyone else for that matter will guarantee anything.

The whole Schultz demanding a NHL spot was a media fabrication last year so I highly doubt Dekeyser who is a lesser prospect will be demanding anything of his suitors.