• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

beachwing

Wings Make Offer to Danny D!

Rate this topic

Guest Playmaker

We've been hearing for how many years now that Edmonton is an "up and coming team"? Let's see if they can actually make the playoffs before we annoint them a future dynasty in the making.

Edmonton will not win a cup, by the time the team matures it will start falling apart to cope with the cap. I expect to see Dekeyser in Red and White by next week :hammer:

Thats the downswing to Edmonton.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think that Edmonton is a good spot either, but Danny could easily see them as a better option than Detroit.

It would be great BUT. I don't see Babcock putting a rookie with no professional hockey experience in immediately. I just can't believe that he would. If Danny wants to play in the NHL immediately, he will pick a team that will be willing to do that and sorry, but that probably isn't the Wings. In fact, I can't imagine that any team will commit to playing him immediately unless they have nothing to lose - no hope for the playoffs.

Danny has a toough decision to make. The AHL for a good team or the NHL for a crappy team.

DeKeyser could very easily come in and play for the Red Wings immediately. They have a lot of bodies on defense, but with Quincey out, that 6th spot is quite attainable right now. White is horrible and was a healthy scratch for a long stretch. Huskins is a nice depth player and Colaiacovo is always a health concern.

Edited by GoWings1905

Thats the downswing to Edmonton.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think that Edmonton is a good spot either, but Danny could easily see them as a better option than Detroit.

If he thinks that, then he clearly hasn't been paying attention to how the Edmonton Oilers have run their hockey club since around 1990.

DeKeyser could very easily come in and play for the Red Wings immediately. They have a lot of bodies on defense, but with Quincey out, that 6th spot is quite attainable right now. White is horrible and was a healthy scratch for a long stretch. Huskins is a nice depth player and Colaiacovo is always a health concern.

Stocks in Detroit area hospitals set record highs in price when his signing was announced.

It would be great BUT. I don't see Babcock putting a rookie with no professional hockey experience in immediately. I just can't believe that he would. If Danny wants to play in the NHL immediately, he will pick a team that will be willing to do that and sorry, but that probably isn't the Wings. In fact, I can't imagine that any team will commit to playing him immediately unless they have nothing to lose - no hope for the playoffs.

Danny has a toough decision to make. The AHL for a good team or the NHL for a crappy team.

Doubt it. He's not an 18 year old kid, he's 23.

If we sign Dekeyser I'd trade my first round pick if I were Holland. I know it's not a good long term strategy, BUT it can work out once in a while. Last year we didn't have a first but signed Brunner, and he's clearly better than anyone we would have taken in the first round. This year, if we sign Dekeyser, he'll clearly be better than anyone we would take in the first round.

So essentially we got two high first rounders, and didn't need a pick for either of them. Use that pick for a trade Kenny! It's a wash any way you look at it.

He will step into the wings lineup if he signs. That's just the reality of the wings situation this year. We need young Defenseman, and are willing to take a low risk, high reward chance on this guy. Babcock has talked to him, Holland has talked to him, and they need a big Dmen who can play. This guy fits the mold, he has played college hockey, and will, at the very least, have the opportunity to play on this team this year. He will have to earn more ice time, but the opportunity is on the table.

So its play in the NHL on a good team, or play in the NHL on a bad team. I think he choses option A.

Guest irishock

Source w/knowledge of process believes Detroit, Anaheim, Nashville, Edmonton, St. Louis and Tampa Bay are strongest contenders for DeKeyser.

If he signs with any other team, it'll be because they opened the bank for him.

Guest Johnz96

Source w/knowledge of process believes Detroit, Anaheim, Nashville, Edmonton, St. Louis and Tampa Bay are strongest contenders for DeKeyser.

All the teams interested will offer the maximum allowed so the bank will have nothing to do with it

He's restricted to an entry level contract, so he's capped at the maximum any team can offer. All teams will likely offer the max + incentives, so it's going to come down to orginazation and other factors, instead of strictly money.

Well this is his hometown. Will he get the max ice time with the wings? I honestly think he may get more playing time with another team. Edmonton is pitching him a spot on the first D-line, that could play a major factor. I honestly think he will sign with somebody else, but i really do want him to sign with us. We need SIZE with us going into the east next year. Hometown would play a big role in this. Im assuming thats what his family would want, expecially with his dad having a personal friendship with past wing players.

Lets cross our fingers.

This just in, Quincey back sooner than expected:

Kyle Quincey won't need surgery for his fractured cheek bone. Will be back sooner than expected, Holland said. Maybe 2 more weeks

If this impacts the ice time the Wings could promise DeKeyser, could we have someone promptly start punching Q in the face right now?

Edited by ogreslayer

I'm really starting to believe Edmonton is where he's going to sign. At the beginning of this game Ken Daniels had covered Danny DeKeyser and Jerome Iginla. Said that Jerome didn't have any interest in Detroit and that Calgary was asking for 2 good prospects + 1st round pick. For Danny DeKeyser they said that the Wings couldn't promise him top 4 minutes but that he would have opportunity to play. Holland is heading to meet with Danny and his family tomorrow to display his presentation. They said Edmonton was pushing really hard for him... offering top 2 minutes and Schultz had been texting him saying to come there. Plus, we all know Edmonton has others up their sleeve waiting and/or already calling also.

I'm really starting to believe Edmonton is where he's going to sign. At the beginning of this game Ken Daniels had covered Danny DeKeyser and Jerome Iginla. Said that Jerome didn't have any interest in Detroit and that Calgary was asking for 2 good prospects + 1st round pick. For Danny DeKeyser they said that the Wings couldn't promise him top 4 minutes but that he would have opportunity to play. Holland is heading to meet with Danny and his family tomorrow to display his presentation. They said Edmonton was pushing really hard for him... offering top 2 minutes and Schultz had been texting him saying to come there. Plus, we all know Edmonton has others up their sleeve waiting and/or already calling also.

Hopefully the fact that he grew up a Wings fan and is a Michigan boy helps him pick Detroit. Edmonton has so much talent, but they are still terrible. And not only that but with Eberle and Hall both at 6 mil, Nuge will want the same, Gagne is leading the team now and will want money, Schultz will want his payday after his current contract....all said and done, the Oilers will have serious cap trouble in a couple years. Dekeyser would be better off coming to a team who actually has cap management and a winning tradition that lasted longer than the 80's.

Yeah, but Edmonton is bad the Wings are good, and he will get a chance to play with some great players while being a building block for our future defense. I really don't think he will sign with Edmonton.

If Nick had decided to play for this shortened season, this would be a done deal. I couldn't imagine any rookie not signing with the Wings if they could play/learn with him.... Any chance that Nick could come back????

I am nervous he'll sign with EDM as well, but I've gotta say I can't understand the logic. I'm from MI, grew up a die-hard Wings fan, I would not even let the other 29 teams waste their frequent flyer miles. Hell, I'd take bottom pairing minutes if that is where I needed to start. I thought for sure just to be able to wear the Winged wheel would enough leverage.

I really hope it doesn't come down to him not signing because he won't get top 2 minutes, especially considering he's never played a game of professional hockey before.

Fingers crossed.

As someone that is friends with a lot of hockey players, the agent is responsible for 99% of all that you guys are hearing. The agent has to show interest in more than one team, it doesn't mean anything really what the player actually desires. He's just driving up the value for his player, if he doesn't at least entertain other offers then all intrigue is gone and the opportunity to promote his players "brand" is wasted. If he just came out last week and said "I'll only play for the Red Wings", people in the hockey world wouldn't look into him as much. His job is to hype up his client, the decision will come down to Danny, and with what I know of the guy I can't imagine him not coming here. By all accounts he loves the area, and loves the team.

If Dekeyser is truly a Wings fan, he knows how the system works here and if he has to spend a little seasoning time until the end of the year in GR, then he should do that for the better of himself and the franchise he's loved for so many years. Hopefully he chooses the Wings and plays to a level that they give him automatic ice time with the big club.

As someone that is friends with a lot of hockey players, the agent is responsible for 99% of all that you guys are hearing. The agent has to show interest in more than one team, it doesn't mean anything really what the player actually desires. He's just driving up the value for his player, if he doesn't at least entertain other offers then all intrigue is gone and the opportunity to promote his players "brand" is wasted. If he just came out last week and said "I'll only play for the Red Wings", people in the hockey world wouldn't look into him as much. His job is to hype up his client, the decision will come down to Danny, and with what I know of the guy I can't imagine him not coming here. By all accounts he loves the area, and loves the team.

Cool. Thanks Carman. That makes me feel a bit better about all of this waiting then.

Maybe it's just me, but if I were a player and I had confidence in my playing ability, I'd accept less than top 2 minutes. I mean, I'd never played in this league before, and wouldn't want to be thrown to the wolves against top talent to inevitably crash and burn. I wouldn't mind playing as a #4 or #5 for a few weeks until I play myself into the top two.

Even considering their struggles, Detroit promises more stability than a place like Edmonton, and higher chances of future success.