• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

beachwing

Wings Make Offer to Danny D!

Rate this topic

I hope he does not demand the # 5 jersey as a condition to sign with the Wings.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Highly doubt it. He's a Michigan born and raised man. He grew up as a fan of the wings and probably has nothing but respect for nick.

If EDM were interested in winning, they'd seriously trade 2-3 of their "big names" and get some defense and depth in there. There's no way, even if they paid them on Alberta's oil sands money, that they could afford ALL of the stars/playmakers.

RNH

Yakupov

Hall

Eberle

Hemsky

Schultz

Paajarvi

Hartikainen

Pick 3, deal em for depth, prospects, defense, leadership, and EDM would be riding high.

Count down to DD day!

If that's the case then it's a sign for Holland to stay away from him.

Anyone with that demand shows little class, and doesn't belong with the Detroit Red Wings.

If that is all it took, wear it! i would bet you nick would agree. Plus it would only be for another year or so,untill it gets retired.

I hope he doesn't give our Euros a hard time about their English. Not everyone gets to go to college, Danny. Y'know, I'm thinking maybe this isnt the right place for him. And now I'm hearing he'll only sign here if he can wear #5! DOES HE NOT KNOW THAT IS DAN GIRARDI'S NUMBER?

This is guy is a lifelong Detroit Red Wings fan, born in Michigan and people think he would demand #5? Thats beyond crazy.

I really hope the Wings can get this guy, why should he sign with a team that has yet to make playoffs and develop their "big names" the right way?

The #5 thing came out of nowhere, it's complete nonsense. One poster said something along the lines of " I hope he doesn't demand #5 derp derp derp", then people started commenting on it. The whole thing is stupid.

Hey everyone! Looooooong time lurker, figured I'd finally make an account seeing how I know a little bit about the Dekeyser situation.

Dekeyser is meeting with teams over the next few days. He's meeting with the Leafs tonight, not sure who else though. Detroit is the front runner, but his agents are meeting with a bunch of teams. I do know for a fact that he is highly interested in the Red Wings, he just doesn't want to play in Grand Rapids for the next four years. If Detroit can give him ice time, the deal will be done soon. Also, I expect if they sign Dekeyser, he will get put into the line up immediately for evaluation and that will decide if we are active at the deadline or not.

The #5 thing came out of nowhere, it's complete nonsense. One poster said something along the lines of " I hope he doesn't demand #5 derp derp derp", then people started commenting on it. The whole thing is stupid.

I wish all our D except for Kronner would go with a 2-8 number (2,3,4,6,8). I just like the look of that for some reason.

I wish all our D except for Kronner would go with a 2-8 number (2,3,4,6,8). I just like the look of that for some reason.

I like the look as well. It's kind of a bummer none of our goalies can wear 1. 6 is off limits for some reason, though.

I really hope the Wings can get this guy, why should he sign with a team that has yet to make playoffs and develop their "big names" the right way?

I can think of a few reasons.

Sure, to us, the "right" decision is obvious. But put yourself in his shoes. He's, what, 14 years old? And he could be playing top minutes for an NHL team next week? And some of these teams are so bad/desperate that there's pretty much no way he'd ever be sent down to the AHL? And, what's more, he'd get The Star Treatment?

How many of you are gonna cry if he doesn't sign with us?

I just can't wait for this whole "Dekeyidstrom" circus to be over. I laugh when posters talk like this kid (who has never seen anything close to NHL action) is going to be a huge boost to the Wings for the rest of this season. Makes me wonder if any of them have ever heard of a guy named Ray Staszak...

Edited by DSM

I can think of a few reasons.

Sure, to us, the "right" decision is obvious. But put yourself in his shoes. He's, what, 14 years old? And he could be playing top minutes for an NHL team next week? And some of these teams are so bad/desperate that there's pretty much no way he'd ever be sent down to the AHL? And, what's more, he'd get The Star Treatment?

he's 23 years old

anyways, just because he is visiting all these other teams doesn't mean he won't sign with the wings. he is just doing these other teams a favor and checking them out. no need to burn bridges with teams before your career even starts by just completely dismissing thise who want you to play for them.

Edited by chances14