• This topic is locked This topic is locked
499 replies to this topic

#141 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,587 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

I think Dekeyser is a good player and all, but I feel like this forum is sort of overrating him a bit. Maybe it's just me?

I honestly believe there's quite a few of us here that see him as a top-notch NCAA player with potential to become a top 4 Dman at the NHL level.

Right now - if he were to don a Red Wings jersey, and step right into the line up - chances are he'd have some issues handling the bigger/stronger/faster players.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#142 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

If Wings don't sign him, it's going to be a show on this forum. *Grabbing the popcorn*

AHAHAHA

#143 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

I honestly believe there's quite a few of us here that see him as a top-notch NCAA player with potential to become a top 4 Dman at the NHL level.

Right now - if he were to don a Red Wings jersey, and step right into the line up - chances are he'd have some issues handling the bigger/stronger/faster players.

It's going to be a big adjustment for him to say the least

#144 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

This space for rent.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

qm.gifhttp://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3tje8r/

It's kind of at the point where everybody wants him and now I mostly want him just to say we won.
Sort of an "I don't know if I want him but I don't want anybody else to have him" ...my feelings towards this signing are starting to sound less hockey fan and more crazy ex-girlfriend.

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by Heineken and sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#145 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,227 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

I have a bad feeling... like he will end up on a team like Edmonton, Pitts... I hope I'm wrong as we really need to upgrade our "D"...

"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#146 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,570 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

I have a bad feeling... like he will end up on a team like Edmonton, Pitts... I hope I'm wrong as we really need to upgrade our "D"...

If you creep his facebook like I did you will notice that everything is Detroit/Michigan. Heck his Idol is nick lidstrom. I really don't see him going anywhere else. 

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#147 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

I hope I'm wrong as we really need to upgrade our "D"...

It might just be me, but I fail to see how a kid who has never faced NHL level talent is going to "upgrade" our "d"... We probably won't get him. I doubt that Holland and Babcock are going to guarantee him a spot in the top 6 after he signs.

#148 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

It might just be me, but I fail to see how a kid who has never faced NHL level talent is going to "upgrade" our "d"... We probably won't get him. I doubt that Holland and Babcock are going to guarantee him a spot in the top 6 after he signs.

While I agree that the guy is being severely overrated, I wouldn't rule out Holland and co. promising him a spot in the line-up. They may be a little desperate after failing to land a big name FA, and I could see him being slotted in the line-up over guys like White and Colaiacovo.

I think, at the very least, they'll offer him a spot and tell him it's his to lose. If he fails to impress, they send him to GR for the remainder of the season. I guess that could be the difference between signing here and somewhere like Edmonton (where he could very well jump into the top 4 without question).

#149 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 775 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

What is with the kid ? Has he signed yet ?

#150 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

He isn't expected to start making announcements until at earliest tomorrow is from what i've heard. The timeline has been around Wednesday-Thursday'ish with the possibility of a Friday announcement (unlikely). It seems like he got to field all his offers today, will most likely spend tonight and tomorrow looking over them and deciding with his agent and then a late announcement Wednesday night or Thursday morning. If it's a real hard choice, it will most likely be Thursday night - Friday morning.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#151 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 775 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

We shall see soon. Thanks !

#152 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,227 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

If you creep his facebook like I did you will notice that everything is Detroit/Michigan. Heck his Idol is nick lidstrom. I really don't see him going anywhere else. 

I really hope that you are right.

Did you expected that Lashoff would be upgrade over Quincey, Huskins, Kindl, White...????
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#153 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,302 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

Tampa is possible, stevie y

#154 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,227 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

Tampa is possible, stevie y

It's impossible to say NO to Stevie...

#155 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

I've always said Stevie Y would be the only man that would turn me ***! Haha

Edited by evilzyme, 26 March 2013 - 09:55 PM.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#156 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,227 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

I've always said Stevie Y would be the only man that would turn me ***! Haha

This !!

Hahaha... My wife is aware!!! Haha

#157 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,302 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:51 AM

almost, Brunner did, and he said it was the hardest thing he had to do

#158 MibJab

MibJab

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:06 AM

First off, I want to say GO WINGS!!!!!!

Now, with that being said, what if he opts out of all this senseless hype and stays in college for another year? Education and personal development is more important than slaving 2 decades of your life away, limiting your human potential by allowing your skills, passions and incredible physical and mental energies to be used as a commodity for a multi-million dollar business. Sports should not be about pressuring people to leave college, or they're country and play professionally, a sport, for the team that some guy owns. In my honest opinion, I hope he decides against going pro for the duration of his educational career. I think we are all forgetting the reality of this situation. Social media and video games have developed a false sense of reality in the way we perceive professional sports. These are real people, like you and I. The only difference is that these "players", instead of spending hours arguing about the people they see on TV, or the people they competitively trade/acquire in fantasy leagues or video games while you sit on your ass at home, they are actual training, learning, competing, achieving, and taking their live's to the next level under the strict control and supervision of the teams they belong to.( It's a job, not a sport anymore. ) They have families, and friends, and everything we have( to an extent ) , Why should we be all crazy and s*** about some kid who is 23 years old, goes to college and just ended his internship. Should the professionals hire him? Should they be putting a price on his athletic ability if it means denying him higher and future learning in the educational process? That's not for us to decide. Sure we can speculate, or believe what people we don't know heard from someone else that none of us personally know if they even exist said about this guys' decision, it's not getting us anywhere! Relax everyone. If he wants to play for Detroit, let him, and welcome him. Take away all the hype and all you have is a guy that's demanding that he gets the opportunity to play hockey for a professional sports team, one in which will grant him the opportunity to do so. Will he succeed? Heads or tails? Yes or no. Time unveils everything. Embrace the team we watch have now. They are playing pretty well together, with confidence in themselves and each other...anyways, back to reality,  this is America. These skating dollar signs are living the American dream and we are willingly watching them do it at the cost of living our own American dream. This whole spectacle is nothing more than a reality TV show.  Reality shows are manufactured entertainment. 

My prediction? He signs with (     detroit       )  AND They Win the Cup either this year, or in the next 2 years. 

#159 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:41 AM

^^^whoa durrrrr!

Posted Image

#160 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:44 AM

What I'm wondering is:

Justin Schultz was supposed to start the year with Edmonton.  More offensively gifted, but not defensively.

Seth Jones is expected to jump right onto the team that drafts him this summer while Jacob Trouba was the best Dman in the WJC, and is in college right now and my skip his senior year to come play for the Jets (as per the analysists from TSN Jets last night)

but...

Dan Dekeyser isn't as good as any of the other 3, yet he took the same path as Schultz and finished his senior year at college and played 1 more year than Trouba and Seth Jones is even younger and fresher but can step right into the NHL.

I'll go on the list of guys that believes that Dekeyser can jump into the top 4 here and replace White, whom in all likelyhood will not be a Wing next year and he'll do a good job.  He's highly touted for his skating ability where at a camp, guys thought he was a forward he was such a good skater.  And he's a shutdown defensive guy who can put up points and makes smart pinches.  I'm not seeing a downside to him being in the top 4 and I truly hope he ends up here. 

After losing over the years Konstantinov, Fischer, Rafalski, Schneider, Stuart, Lidstrom and i'm sure I missed a couple, we need a young Dman to step in and anchor the blue line for the next 15.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.