• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MidMichSteve

Wings remove Carlo Colaiacovo from injured reserve

Rate this topic

Well, with Danny D not making a decision until Wed. I guess we can get Cola a couple of games in (at least one) to get him going again...Although, with they way the Wings played last game, I cannot condone any lineup changes...including Howard. Let Monster start in Phoenix tomorrow...

I'm actually pretty excited about this. I know he's not a game-changer, but he's a good player when healthy, and we never got a chance to really see him yet. So...I hate to say it but it's sort of like a trade deadline acquisition, haha.

If we sign DeKeyser and promise him playing time, we'll have 9 defensemen. Someone's gotta be traded. I'm not sure if Lashoff is waiver eligible or not, but it doesn't seem fair to send him down after how he's played this year. In my mind, we play Kronwall, Ericsson, Smith, Colaiacovo, Kindl and Lashoff (DeKeyser). Decisions have to be made. We can't just waive two of Kindl, Quincey or White and lose them for nothing.

Keeping Colaiacovo (injury prone) is a smart idea, because that guarantees our 7th d-man playing time once and a while, haha. Goodbye White, Kindl or Quincey I guess.

I'm actually pretty excited about this. I know he's not a game-changer, but he's a good player when healthy, and we never got a chance to really see him yet. So...I hate to say it but it's sort of like a trade deadline acquisition, haha.

If we sign DeKeyser and promise him playing time, we'll have 9 defensemen. Someone's gotta be traded. I'm not sure if Lashoff is waiver eligible or not, but it doesn't seem fair to send him down after how he's played this year. In my mind, we play Kronwall, Ericsson, Smith, Colaiacovo, Kindl and Lashoff (DeKeyser). Decisions have to be made. We can't just waive two of Kindl, Quincey or White and lose them for nothing.

Keeping Colaiacovo (injury prone) is a smart idea, because that guarantees our 7th d-man playing time once and a while, haha. Goodbye White, Kindl or Quincey I guess.

Kindl has been great this year, really changed my opinion of him. White can go, Quincey has been better but you won't see me cry if he is gone.

Kronwall-big rig

Smith - Dekeyser

Lashoff- colo-kindl

Would NYR trade gaborik for filps and white? McKenxie said a few days ago they would have interest in white because of his puck moving abilities. Would get us a nice scorer, and free up a spot for Dekeyser if it happens.

Probably wrong thread, but lets face it, this current one isnt going far.

Would NYR trade gaborik for filps and white? McKenxie said a few days ago they would have interest in white because of his puck moving abilities. Would get us a nice scorer, and free up a spot for Dekeyser if it happens.

Probably wrong thread, but lets face it, this current one isnt going far.

If they needed to sweeten the pot, I'd add a draft pick for Gaborik. Then trade Quinvey for a pick or, if lucky, a forward.

There must be a trade in the works, because if the Wings did present an offer to Dekeyser AND activated Cola, where the frick are they all going to fit? I'll be damned if Holland only offer Danny a spot in the press box! Frick Cola! Frick White! We need Dan Dekeyser. I'm Mad as Hell and I am not gonna take it anymore!

Nice Network reference. Perfectly sums up how I feel about waiting for this whole Dekeyser situation to play out... Sure am glad he made his decision by Mond....Wedne......Friday by noo.....oh wait still waiting....

Edited by Son of a Wing

coliacovo being sent down for a conditioning stint doesnt have anything to do with whether something is going on or not , he hasnt played in a long time and needs to play ... no one would take him anyways

that being said hated the signing from the moment it happened (overrated player) the wings might as well send samuelsson down there as well lol maybe theyll both have fun in grand rapids and decide to ask kenny to leave them there :P

Interview with Carlo during the Griffins game. Said that Detroit was at the top of his choices to go. He said that he's loved his time here and that it really is probably the most fun he's had for an organization. Just upset that his season has turned out the way it is with the injuries.

So the talk about the Wings not being a go to place for free agents anymore doesn't seem to be the case for current UFA pickups.

Interview with Carlo during the Griffins game. Said that Detroit was at the top of his choices to go. He said that he's loved his time here and that it really is probably the most fun he's had for an organization. Just upset that his season has turned out the way it is with the injuries.

So the talk about the Wings not being a go to place for free agents anymore doesn't seem to be the case for current UFA pickups.

Seriously?

He may as well have said he had fun getting paid for nothing.