• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DetroitRedWings1993

Wings the leader for DeKeyser?

Rate this topic

Been following the DeKeyser situation lately. I first read that the offers have been submitted and that we are rumored to be the front-runner. And today, I read that a decision is rumored to be coming within a few days.

I'm not really familiar with him, but I've seen his name pop up a lot. I know he went to Western but is he from here? What's his game? Potential? Does he need some time in the minors or should he be used like Justin Schultz?

From what I've read, his 'stipulation' to signing with any team is that he gets playing time in the NHL with that team. He doesn't want to sign with a team just to be sent to the AHL. Granted, we all know that how well he plays is really the only thing that will determine that. But if teams are willing to go through with those demands, he must be worth something. The youtube videos of him are kind of limited so I don't know much about his style of play.

From what I've read, his 'stipulation' to signing with any team is that he gets playing time in the NHL with that team. He doesn't want to sign with a team just to be sent to the AHL. Granted, we all know that how well he plays is really the only thing that will determine that. But if teams are willing to go through with those demands, he must be worth something. The youtube videos of him are kind of limited so I don't know much about his style of play.

I've heard everything from two-way superstar to stay-at-home D-man with a little offensive upside. Either way, good on us if we can get him to sign. Promising anyone, even him, NHL time is very risky. What does that say to our other prospects? After missing out on so much over the past year, I'd be willing to try anything. I guess we could axe Colo for a few games to let him condition and see what DeKeyser offers if he signs.

Another thing I noticed is how everyone seems to be so sure he's going to sign here. There are probably offers from just about everyone for this kid. Not only that, but you know both Philly and the Rangers have promised NHL time and probably are willing to throw ridiculous money at him. I'll be crossing my fingers, though.

I've heard everything from two-way superstar to stay-at-home D-man with a little offensive upside. Either way, good on us if we can get him to sign. Promising anyone, even him, NHL time is very risky. What does that say to our other prospects? After missing out on so much over the past year, I'd be willing to try anything. I guess we could axe Colo for a few games to let him condition and see what DeKeyser offers if he signs.

Another thing I noticed is how everyone seems to be so sure he's going to sign here. There are probably offers from just about everyone for this kid. Not only that, but you know both Philly and the Rangers have promised NHL time and probably are willing to throw ridiculous money at him. I'll be crossing my fingers, though.

there are limits for EL contracts, so every team will basically be throwing the same money at him

there are limits for EL contracts, so every team will basically be throwing the same money at him

Yeah, I just read that. It's all about the intangibles at this point, I guess. I refuse to think that we're the only team guarenteeing playing time. I hear Anaheim's pushing hard. Still butthurt about losing Schultz, but I don't blame them.

Yeah, I just read that. It's all about the intangibles at this point, I guess. I refuse to think that we're the only team guarenteeing playing time. I hear Anaheim's pushing hard. Still butthurt about losing Schultz, but I don't blame them.

Well I hope he watched us sweep them this weekend, and how childish they acted through both games and especially the Perry, getzlaf, and selanne hissy fit last night. Maybe that will sway him to Detroit

Well I hope he watched us sweep them this weekend, and how childish they acted through both games and especially the Perry, getzlaf, and selanne hissy fit last night. Maybe that will sway him to Detroit

if he doesnt sign with the Wings it isnt the end of the world. we have a really deep pool of prospects at D and i would hazard a guess that one

or two of the lower draft picks are going to be a big plus. None more so than fellow NCAA player Nick Jensen, who in my view has got on with

his job quitely over the past 3 years and has until this years awards, gone under the radar. Sproul and Ouellet have been drawing all the plaudits

but keep a close eye on Backman and the dark horse Marchenko.

I doubt that will sway him very much. He'll see the talent, youth, and potential of the Ducks roster before he sees that. Honestly, it's a crap shoot as to where he signs now. I've heard that the Preds and Lightning have jumped in. A source close to the situation listed them but not the Oilers. I hope he ends up here. That would be huge for us and could focus our shopping list at the deadline. Holland can go all in on acquiring a scoring forward.

I doubt that will sway him very much. He'll see the talent, youth, and potential of the Ducks roster before he sees that. Honestly, it's a crap shoot as to where he signs now. I've heard that the Preds and Lightning have jumped in. A source close to the situation listed them but not the Oilers. I hope he ends up here. That would be huge for us and could focus our shopping list at the deadline. Holland can go all in on acquiring a scoring forward.

Why would getting Dekeyzerman change Holland's shopping list at the deadline? I doubt Holland and Co. think that Dekeyser is going to come in and make an impact on Detroit's blue line for the rest of the season...

Edited by DSM

Why would getting Dekeyzerman change Holland's shopping list at the deadline? I doubt Holland and Co. think that Dekeyser is going to come in and make an impact on Detroit's blue line for the rest of the season...

That's the point. According to rumors, he would have to be guaranteed a spot in the NHL to sign with a club. I'm not sure how much credit to pay to rumors, but that's what's being said.

That's the point. According to rumors, he would have to be guaranteed a spot in the NHL to sign with a club. I'm not sure how much credit to pay to rumors, but that's what's being said.

I would give him a shot in our lineup over white, colo, huskins, quincey, kindl or possibly lashoff. If he does not do well, he will understand if he needs to be sent down to develop more

I would give him a shot in our lineup over white, colo, huskins, quincey, kindl or possibly lashoff. If he does not do well, he will understand if he needs to be sent down to develop more

Hopefully he does. I agree with all of those besides Lashoff. You have to admit he's earned his NHL salt, so to speak.

Huskins is gone now, Kindl is playing real well for us, and Lashoff is too, the reason I say possibly Lashoff, is because he is still and rookie, and he definitely needs a night off here and there, it is hard to jump right in the nhl and be as consistent as he has, but it also wears you down in your first year, bigger stronger, faster, opponents