• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

10/24 GDT : Red Wings 2 at Ducks 1

Rate this topic

Your sarcasm would be more effective if the Wings hadn't just beat the Ducks 5-1 in which Ericsson, Lashoff and Smith got in fights. :D

Admittedly I'm no Tootoo fan though. He brings energy but is overpaid and a defensive liability. And his staged fights aren't worth a whole lot to me.

I know. Hopefully, if he is scratched, we continue to prove that we can stick up for ourselves without him in the lineup.

Yeah, several of his fights this year have come right off the draw very early in the 1st period. It sends a message and sets a tempo, but I'd rather see things develop from within the context of the game.

I just don't think he deserves to be scratched over guys like Emmerton. Emmerton has proven himself to be a defensive liability at times, also.

I think Babcock needs to experiment with #93 on the 3rd line and see if Brunner is good with Datsyuk...

Franzen being back is what has made that line work. He does what Cleary couldn't and pulls defenders away from Datsyuk, after that last game Babcock would be crazy to change that line.

I'd like to see Brunner with Nyquist until the Datsyuk, Abby and Franzen line cools off.

I think the idea behind moving Brunner down was to get him away from Perry, Ryan and Getzlaf and get him some easier match-ups defensively.

I know. Hopefully, if he is scratched, we continue to prove that we can stick up for ourselves without him in the lineup.

Yeah, several of his fights this year have come right off the draw very early in the 1st period. It sends a message and sets a tempo, but I'd rather see things develop from within the context of the game.

I just don't think he deserves to be scratched over guys like Emmerton. Emmerton has proven himself to be a defensive liability at times, also.

If Tootoo could play center I think he'd be playing over Emmerton.

I'd probably scratch Eaves tonight in place of Tootoo just because I expect a rough game and Eaves is playing with a full shield,

Franzen being back is what has made that line work. He does what Cleary couldn't and pulls defenders away from Datsyuk, after that last game Babcock would be crazy to change that line.

I'd like to see Brunner with Nyquist until the Datsyuk, Abby and Franzen line cools off.

I think the idea behind moving Brunner down was to get him away from Perry, Ryan and Getzlaf and get him some easier match-ups defensively.

If Tootoo could play center I think he'd be playing over Emmerton.

I'd probably scratch Eaves tonight in place of Tootoo just because I expect a rough game and Eaves is playing with a full shield,

I agree with the idea of Brunner being moved down to get him away from Perry, Ryan, and Getzlaf. It also puts a decent scoring threat on three lines.

I like your idea of Nyquist and Brunner together. If they click, imagine if they are paired with Helm?

Edited by TheXym

I agree with the idea of Brunner being moved down to get him away from Perry, Ryan, and Getzlaf. It also puts a decent scoring threat on three lines.

I like your idea of Nyquist and Brunner together. If they click, imagine if they are paired with Helm?

That would be one hell of a 3rd line, a sniper, a set-up guy and a worker to get the puck back to them. With all 3 possessing great speed. They may not be the best defensively, but they should be more than good enough in their own end to handle the 3rd and 4th line of anyone we'll face.

That would be one hell of a 3rd line, a sniper, a set-up guy and a worker to get the puck back to them. With all 3 possessing great speed. They may not be the best defensively, but they should be more than good enough in their own end to handle the 3rd and 4th line of anyone we'll face.

Yep. They may also draw some attention from the opposition's better D-men which could open space for the top lines.

Helene St. James@HeleneStJames: Damien Brunner a healthy scratch for #RedWings today against Ducks. Jordin Tootoo returns to lineup. Brunner hasn't scored last 12 games.

I agree with the move. I have a feeling Tootoo will be important tonight. Plus, it may make Brunner hungrier (I also think he's hit a bit of a wall so the rest may help for the long haul).

Wow. Only agree with the Brunner scratch if it's because he needs the rest. If it's for s***ty play, then I guess my definition of s***ty play and the coaching staff's are drastically different.

My sentiments exactly. He's been playing well imo. But I guess he's not really used to playing this many games in a season so for that reason I have no problem with him sitting out a game. Maybe he can get back to his goalscoring ways after getting a breather.

As much as everyone is making about Brunner not scoring in the past 12 games, its not like he's not getting assists.

The longest he's gone all season without a pt is 3 games. Offensively he's probably been the most consistent player on the team.

As much as everyone is making about Brunner not scoring in the past 12 games, its not like he's not getting assists.

The longest he's gone all season without a pt is 3 games. Offensively he's probably been the most consistent player on the team.

That's what I'm saying. You wanna cut dead weight, Brunner shouldn't be anywhere near the crosshairs...

If Brun is a scratch, he must just need a rest or not be feeling well or have a minor injury they'd rather not disclose or is allergic to waterfowl or something because he hasn't been playing badly.

No one has been so terribly bad that they would have to sit them to teach them a lesson.

I think it's more of the rest factor. That, plus he is a rookie and a "soft" Euro so he could have been a prime target for any shenanigans. Pavs has shown he can more than handle himself (right Perry?). It would be very duck-like to go after a non-fighter.