• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

10/24 GDT : Red Wings 2 at Ducks 1

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Then why the "trade him now remark" to my post?

That was unnecessary since let me restate that I've never once said trade Jimmy Howard.

EVER on this forum. I'm a big Jimmy fan. Sorry if that disappoints you.

I was agreeing with you. The picture was random.

I can see how you could have misunderstood that. Chalk it off to minor thoughtlessness on my part.

Edited by Crymson

Guest Crymson

I'll give you a +1 despite getting the years wrong :tounge:

Oopsies. My hands were still shaking a bit...

Talking about Iginla now. I'm definitely not intrigued by the likely asking price, but I also can't help and imagine what Iginla could do still on Datsyuk's wing.

Iginla has never played with anyone like Datsyuk in the NHL. Then again, you can say that about the other teams he listed.

I wanted us to make this move last season, for Lidstrom's last run. Not so sure now.

Iginla has never played with anyone like Datsyuk in the NHL. Then again, you can say that about the other teams he listed.

I wanted us to make this move last season, for Lidstrom's last run. Not so sure now.

Agreed. Not sure the cost is worth it for an aging Iginla, even with the intrigue of Datsyuk as a linemate.

Meh, I am okay with Monster playing against the yotes, they don't scare me. Plus he will probably be out to avenge his last start

You might be, but I'll be in the building and frankly don't want to watch him lol. Didn't you know? It's all about me when the Wings come to Phx...get with the program ET!

That last call should have been called. There was an empty net at the other end of the ice. People would be furious if that play kept the puck in the zone and the ducks ended up scoring.

I agree, if the Wings weren't able to get the puck out of the zone because of it, no doubt it should be a penalty. Actually I thought with about 6:00 left the Ducks should have got a penalty because Kindl was unable to get the puck of the zone on an interference, which lead to another 30 seconds of Ducks pressure.

Just finished watching the game. Hell of an effort the last two nights all the way around. You had to expect the Ducks would come out firing tonight after getting beat at home for the first time in 13 games but the guys held strong and with some timely work by Howard they were able to take the two points.

Unbelievable that this team shows up against legitimate foes, but they seem to struggle against everyone else. Oh, well. Hopefully this is the start of a more consistent Detroit team. Howard looked really average tonight.

Also, I really think we should re-sign Drew Miller this summer. He's proven himself to be a reliable 4th liner. He kills penalties, he's fairly physical, and he can chip in offensively.

Is there a full video of Anaheim's bitchfest at the end of the game? I caught what seemed to be the end of it. Was it as pathetic as I'm hearing?

Unbelievable that this team shows up against legitimate foes, but they seem to struggle against everyone else. Oh, well. Hopefully this is the start of a more consistent Detroit team. Howard looked really average tonight.

Also, I really think we should re-sign Drew Miller this summer. He's proven himself to be a reliable 4th liner. He kills penalties, he's fairly physical, and he can chip in offensively.

Is there a full video of Anaheim's bitchfest at the end of the game? I caught what seemed to be the end of it. Was it as pathetic as I'm hearing?

Amen.

Of all of our bottom 6 forwards (excluding Nyquist/Tatar), he probably contributes the most offensively. And if there is one guy on this team that brings it every single night, it's Mills.

Guest irishock

Yes. Him and Helm were great on the 3rd line last year.

Edited by irishock

Guest Crymson

Amen.

Of all of our bottom 6 forwards (excluding Nyquist/Tatar), he probably contributes the most offensively. And if there is one guy on this team that brings it every single night, it's Mills.

If he could add some muscle to that frame of his, he'd really be in business.

Howard at

Yes. Him and Helm were great on the 3rd line last year.

He had 12 goals, great for the salary.

If he could add some muscle to that frame of his, he'd really be in business.

He had 12 goals, great for the salary.

Definitely. It's weird to me how he is so slender and yet like you mentioned above, he can still dish out some good hits and I rarely see him get clobbered especially considering he pretty much lives in the tough areas of the ice.