• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

10/24 GDT : Red Wings 2 at Ducks 1

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Yeah thanks to Jimmy Howard for the 2 points tonight.

Two words

Jimmy Howard.

33 saves on 34 shots in each of the two games against the Ducks. .971 & 1.00. Woot.

Trade him now! :P

Edited by Crymson

HUGE series there. Great to come into their barn, on back to back games, and not only beat the league's 2nd best team, but beat them down to antics and hissy fits.

Keep this momentum going, boys. Build on it. Don't let up.

Jimmy Howard is a beast. Whatever contract he gets, he has earned.

Great work taking two games on the road against one of the best teams in the league. Very tough to win in Anaheim and the Wings just pulled it off twice in three days. When the Red Wings don't shoot themselves in the foot with defensive miscues, they can hang with anyone.

Edited by GoWings1905

. I agree. But after the bs call it was over so nothing to lose. They had a right to be mad.

If our team was there. They would of accepted it like the gutless cowards they are. Showing emotion is good sometimes. In the right situation. This was the right situation for them.

Also WINGS WIN WINGS WIN.

This was huge if we win again tomorrow. I got to think this makes us buyers for sure!

I would not want the Wings dropping and kicking their stick, slamming their stick against the boards, etc. They managed to take half of their top-6 out of the game when they needed them most.

Holy geez that was close at the end. Thank you Jimmy!!

I know Jimmy needs rest, but I really don't want to watch monster in net tomorrow night...

Meh, I am okay with Monster playing against the yotes, they don't scare me. Plus he will probably be out to avenge his last start

Screw the emotion. Getzlaf, Perry and Selanne left Ducks without their best goal scorers when they were needed the most.

I was thinking that too. Only 1 goal down they throw a hissy fit like that and get tossed. As mentioned already, I'll take Z and Dats over those cry babies anyday.

HUGE series there. Great to come into their barn, on back to back games, and not only beat the league's 2nd best team, but beat them down to antics and hissy fits.

Keep this momentum going, boys. Build on it. Don't let up.

THAT is the issue. I have a feeling in my gut though, that this mini series is a turning point for the Wings.

Jimmy Howard is a beast. Whatever contract he gets, he has earned.

Great work taking two games on the road against one of the best teams in the league. Very tough to win in Anaheim and the Wings just pulled it off twice in three days. When the Red Wings don't shoot themselves in the foot with defensive miscues, they can hang with anyone in the league.

What are you talking about, the whole game was defensive miscues.

The Ducks can whine about that last call all they want. We've gotten screwed on calls like that all over the place. Particularly against the Ducks. In the postseason. Courtesy of one Mr. O'Halloran.

NO GOAL NO GOAL NO GOAL!

Guest Crymson

I've never once on this forum said trade Jimmy Howard. Ever ever ever ever ever ever.

Piss off Crymson.

Yikes. That was unnecessary.

Edited by Crymson

Guest Crymson

Glad we got 4 points, Jimmy was great. But please, don't kid yourselves, for the better part of these two games it was all Anaheim.

And for the better part of the 2003 series against the Ducks and the 2004 series against the Flames, it was all Detroit. But we lost those. A win is a win is a win.

Edit: Fixed the dates.

Edited by Crymson

What are you talking about, the whole game was defensive miscues.

Not nearly like the games against Calgary and Minnesota recently. Anaheim is a really good team. They were bound to get scoring chances and control play coming off Friday's effort, which they did. Howard was the difference.

We didn't have much after the 1st period offensively, and made a ton of defensive mistakes and gave the puck away constantly.

Luckily we have Howard. For all those who say "elite goalies should be able to steal a game for their team, therefore Howard is not elite"... well, I give you exhibit A. Not that it's the first time Howard's done it, far from.

Huge points. We need to keep rolling so Holland feels comfortable making a splash at the deadline.

And for the better part of the 2002 series against the Ducks and the 2003 series against the Flames, it was all Detroit. But we lost those. A win is a win is a win.

I'll give you a +1 despite getting the years wrong :tounge:

i can see yelling at a ref and getting ejected but the whole stick things were childish

Not trying to make excuses, they shouldn't have done it.

But leading up to that play there was interference along the boards by anyone, and usually refs let teams play, especially along the boards, then Getzlaf gets called on a inadvertent tripping, which is a penalty no doubt, but not that egregious and is usually looked over towards the end of games.

I blame the refs in these circumstances more then the players, the players are working their asses off all game, and the refs make a crucial call that pretty much decides the game. It can be pretty frustrating as a hockey player, especially with the Wings getting double the powerplay time tonight, probably just boiled over for the Ducks.

Oh well, great weekend for the wings. I really wanted to see us win a game that we didn't really dominate, and this was a gritty, unpretty game. Jimmy was outstanding tonight, and stole the game. We need to be less aggressive on pinches, we still give up way too many odd man rushes.