• Please log in to reply
385 replies to this topic

#341 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

Glad we got 4 points, Jimmy was great.  But please, don't kid yourselves, for the better part of these two games it was all Anaheim.

And for the better part of the 2003 series against the Ducks and the 2004 series against the Flames, it was all Detroit. But we lost those. A win is a win is a win.

Edit: Fixed the dates.

Edited by Crymson, 24 March 2013 - 10:01 PM.

#342 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:52 PM

What are you talking about, the whole game was defensive miscues. 

Not nearly like the games against Calgary and Minnesota recently. Anaheim is a really good team. They were bound to get scoring chances and control play coming off Friday's effort, which they did. Howard was the difference.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#343 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:52 PM

i can see yelling at a ref and getting ejected but the whole stick things were childish

#344 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,647 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

JAVERAGE in the playoffs.

Fixed.  

And for the better part of the 2002 series against the Ducks and the 2003 series against the Flames, it was all Detroit. But we lost those. A win is a win is a win.

Huh?

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#345 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

Yeah thanks to Jimmy Howard for the 2 points tonight.

Two words

Jimmy Howard.

He saved their butts approximately 10 times.  I don't think I'm exaggerating with that one.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#346 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,331 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

We didn't have much after the 1st period offensively, and made a ton of defensive mistakes and gave the puck away constantly. 

Luckily we have Howard. For all those who say "elite goalies should be able to steal a game for their team, therefore Howard is not elite"... well, I give you exhibit A. Not that it's the first time Howard's done it, far from. 

Huge points. We need to keep rolling so Holland feels comfortable making a splash at the deadline. 

#347 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,910 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:56 PM

And for the better part of the 2002 series against the Ducks and the 2003 series against the Flames, it was all Detroit. But we lost those. A win is a win is a win.

I'll give you a +1 despite getting the years wrong :tounge:

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#348 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

i can see yelling at a ref and getting ejected but the whole stick things were childish

Not trying to make excuses, they shouldn't have done it.

But leading up to that play there was interference along the boards by anyone, and usually refs let teams play, especially along the boards, then Getzlaf gets called on a inadvertent tripping, which is a penalty no doubt, but not that egregious and is usually looked over towards the end of games.

I blame the refs in these circumstances more then the players, the players are working their asses off all game, and the refs make a crucial call that pretty much decides the game. It can be pretty frustrating as a hockey player, especially with the Wings getting double the powerplay time tonight, probably just boiled over for the Ducks.

Oh well, great weekend for the wings. I really wanted to see us win a game that we didn't really dominate, and this was a gritty, unpretty game. Jimmy was outstanding tonight, and stole the game. We need to be less aggressive on pinches, we still give up way too many odd man rushes.

#349 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

From HF: 26c819cd9f102f3add9a8fd9404f1b31.png?136

Yikes. That was unnecessary.

Then why the "trade him now remark" to my post?

That was unnecessary since let me restate that I've never once said trade Jimmy Howard.

EVER on this forum. I'm a big Jimmy fan. Sorry if that disappoints you.

#350 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

Talking about Iginla now. I'm definitely not intrigued by the likely asking price, but I also can't help and imagine what Iginla could do still on Datsyuk's wing.

#351 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

That last call should have been called. There was an empty net at the other end of the ice. People would be furious if that play kept the puck in the zone and the ducks ended up scoring. 

#352 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Then why the "trade him now remark" to my post?

That was unnecessary since let me restate that I've never once said trade Jimmy Howard.

EVER on this forum. I'm a big Jimmy fan. Sorry if that disappoints you.

I was agreeing with you. The picture was random.

I can see how you could have misunderstood that. Chalk it off to minor thoughtlessness on my part.

Edited by Crymson, 24 March 2013 - 10:01 PM.

#353 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

monster and brunner in tmr

#354 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

I'll give you a +1 despite getting the years wrong :tounge:

Oopsies. My hands were still shaking a bit...

#355 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

Three stars tonight

1. Javerage Howard

2. Ryan Getzlaf

3. Cam fowler...? why?

#356 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,647 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

Talking about Iginla now. I'm definitely not intrigued by the likely asking price, but I also can't help and imagine what Iginla could do still on Datsyuk's wing.

Iginla has never played with anyone like Datsyuk in the NHL.  Then again, you can say that about the other teams he listed.  

I wanted us to make this move last season, for Lidstrom's last run.  Not so sure now.

#357 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

Iginla has never played with anyone like Datsyuk in the NHL.  Then again, you can say that about the other teams he listed.  

I wanted us to make this move last season, for Lidstrom's last run.  Not so sure now.

Agreed. Not sure the cost is worth it for an aging Iginla, even with the intrigue of Datsyuk as a linemate.

#358 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,647 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:08 PM

Agreed. Not sure the cost is worth it for an aging Iginla, even with the intrigue of Datsyuk as a linemate.

I will still likely put together some unrealistic proposals in the upcoming "Iginla thread".  I welcome others to do the same.  

#359 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,959 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

Meh, I am okay with Monster playing against the yotes, they don't scare me. Plus he will probably be out to avenge his last start

You might be, but I'll be in the building and frankly don't want to watch him lol. Didn't you know? It's all about me when the Wings come to Phx...get with the program ET!

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#360 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,910 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

That last call should have been called. There was an empty net at the other end of the ice. People would be furious if that play kept the puck in the zone and the ducks ended up scoring. 

I agree, if the Wings weren't able to get the puck out of the zone because of it, no doubt it should be a penalty. Actually I thought with about 6:00 left the Ducks should have got a penalty because Kindl was unable to get the puck of the zone on an interference, which lead to another 30 seconds of Ducks pressure.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons