• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DetroitRedWings1993

Brendan Morrow to PIT in the works

Rate this topic

Twitter's blowing up.

Both Dreger and McKenzie, amongst others, are tweeting that a trade between Dallas and Pittsburgh involving Brendan Morrow is in the works. Sources say that the only thing holding it up is Morrow waiving his no-trade clause. Joe Morrow would be going back to Dallas.

I'm just glad there's no more crazy talk about the Wings trying to trade for another aging scorer passing the twilight of his career. Also, he's a UFA at the end of the year. Just like Iginla, even if he did re-sign, we couldn't possibly expect very much. It would be like the Modano signing.

Only worse because we'd be losing pieces to get him.

Great move by Pitt IMO

They were big on Iginla, so this move is a surprise to me. The Pens need an elite winger, not Morrow. Morrow's good, but not elite. Iginla could be an elite winger alongside Crosby. He's been one of the best scorers of his generation with guys not even a tenth as talented as Crosby. That being said, he's getting up there in age and has started to finally decline.

Sending Joe Morrow in the trade is also a bad move, if you ask me. Morrow's going to be a great pro someday. While the Pens do have a deep prospect pool on defense, you can never have too many. I would've kept Morrow, Despres, and Maata and instead moved Pouliot. Plays a similar game to the others.

Also, trading an elite defensive prospect for an aging winger who's more of a grinder than a scorer at this stage of his career? Doesn't make good hockey sense.

All this means for us is that he's not coming to Detroit. Oh well. I didn't really want him much anyways. Too high a price for too little a return.

They were big on Iginla, so this move is a surprise to me. The Pens need an elite winger, not Morrow. Morrow's good, but not elite. Iginla could be an elite winger alongside Crosby. He's been one of the best scorers of his generation with guys not even a tenth as talented as Crosby. That being said, he's getting up there in age and has started to finally decline.

Sending Joe Morrow in the trade is also a bad move, if you ask me. Morrow's going to be a great pro someday. While the Pens do have a deep prospect pool on defense, you can never have too many. I would've kept Morrow, Despres, and Maata and instead moved Pouliot. Plays a similar game to the others.

Also, trading an elite defensive prospect for an aging winger who's more of a grinder than a scorer at this stage of his career? Doesn't make good hockey sense.

All this means for us is that he's not coming to Detroit. Oh well. I didn't really want him much anyways. Too high a price for too little a return.

It is amazing, how the Penguins are nowadays always one of the frontrunners for the better players. I know they have Letang, Crosby and Malkin but seriously they aren't a top revenue team and yet Lemenieux, who may be incredible rich is not a billionaire as far as I know, so how are they paying for all the bills revenue-sharing??

It is amazing, how the Penguins are nowadays always one of the frontrunners for the better players. I know they have Letang, Crosby and Malkin but seriously they aren't a top revenue team and yet Lemenieux, who may be incredible rich is not a billionaire as far as I know, so how are they paying for all the bills revenue-sharing??

Crosby and Malkin sell tickets and are attractive to free agents and stars with NTC's. They consistently fill the seats. They're considered a big-market franchise and probably don't benefit much from revenue-sharing. Revenue-sharing was a clever way to pay Phoenix's and Dallas' bills. Morrow only makes 4.1 mil a season on this contract. He'll probably re-sign for less over the summer. Pittsburgh may end up saving money by this time next year.

This does create an interesting situation for Iginla, though. You'd have to think Boston is going to get Feaster on the phone NOW.

Edited by DetroitRedWings1993

Lemieux is co-owner with Ron Burkle, who is a billionaire, so they do have a ton of cash-flow to be spenders on the market. And as a team, they probably pull in pretty good revenue as well... I know they sell out all their games, and I imagine their jersey sales are pretty high as well.