• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Crashnburnluder

Brenden Morrow Traded to Penguins

Rate this topic

The first domino has fallen?

Don't know all the details yet but Joe Morrow is the main piece going to Dallas.

Don't think we really missed on him. I haven't been a huge fan of his and he has been hurt a lot lately so the health issues might be an issue.

Likage :

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419014

Edited by Crashnburnluder

*lol* if Jo Morrow is going to Dallas Pittsburgh got ripped off here.

HFs Future has this to say about him

Future

Morrow will compete for a spot with the Penguins in training camp but is almost assuredly headed to the Penguins AHL affiliate in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, where he'll work out the finer points of his game. He projects as a top-four defenseman who can contribute at both ends of the ice.

Iginla next? Clowe? Semin? Let the games begin!

Clowe would be my guess, Calgary will be looking for a ton back in exchange for Iginla and Semin isn't even available.

The Canes are planning on signing him long term.

Nice pickup for them. But if Morrow got a top prospect and a draft pick, I wonder what the price for Iginla is now. Someone is going to have to massively overpay to acquire him now I'd say.

The fact that Pittsburgh got Dallas' 3rd round pick for their 5th makes me think that expiring contract will be considered to a reasonable extent.

I mean really? I get that they got one of Pittsburgh's top prospects, but for all of the offense they have Dallas didn't at least get a roster player from them?

Goligowski for Neal and Niskanen.

Joe Niewendyk you are a character :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Schocked that this trade happened TODAY seeing as there were "TWOMORROWS" involved :)

punny punny puns! i love puns!!

8586550581_1c7b02faf0_z.jpg

haha well played though sir!

don't like that the pens offense is getting stronger tho.. ugh hah no big deal i guess

I think that Dallas wins this one, even as soon as the next 2-3 years. Unless Brendan can help them grab a cup (take on a Guerin role), then I'm not sure it's worth it. Guess you have to get to give, though.

I see Boston pushing hard after Clowe next, since they didn't land Morrow.

Sure the Pens got better...but only for now they've gotten way worse going forward. Their prospect now is Despres or whatever his name is, the big club only has Letang as an outstanding defenseman other than that the D is still their weakness. So giving up what they did for an injury prone playerwasn't the smartest thing to do in my eyes.

for the Wings this will mean several things:

1. if these are the default prices I am even more happy the Wings aren't on Iginla's list

2. Filpula's value just rose to new dimension (1st + decent prospect + depth player) -> I like that a lot

3. given 1 I fully agree with Holland standing pat, trading away the future for shortterm help is not going to lead to the promised land.

Edited by frankgrimes

Selling teams are losers. Detroit is a winner.

Except Dallas has 2 more ROW than the Wings.

Again, if Morrow is worth this much, than Flip, White, Cleary, Cola, etc could net the Wings a nucleus of players and picks to build a young team that can compete for many years to come.

Edited by Shaman464

Guest Crymson

Except Dallas has 2 more ROW than the Wings.

Again, if Morrow is worth this much, than Flip, White, Cleary, Cola, etc could net the Wings a nucleus of players and picks to build a young team that can compete for many years to come.

Exactly who would want White, Cleary, or Cola? And please don't invent reasons why they have some value. How little they'd be missed here is indication enough of how interested any competitive team would be in paying for them.

Between losing Flip for nothing... Would rather get Jake Gardiner....

Yeah, I'm gonna be pissed if we lose Flip next offseason instead of trading him for Colorado's 1st and 2nd picks.

(In other words, you're overestimating his value).