• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Crashnburnluder

Brenden Morrow Traded to Penguins

Rate this topic

Exactly who would want White, Cleary, or Cola? And please don't invent reasons why they have some value. How little they'd be missed here is indication enough of how interested any competitive team would be in paying for them.

Yeah, I'm gonna be pissed if we lose Flip next offseason instead of trading him for Colorado's 1st and 2nd picks.

(In other words, you're overestimating his value).

Exactly who would want White, Cleary, or Cola? And please don't invent reasons why they have some value. How little they'd be missed here is indication enough of how interested any competitive team would be in paying for them.

Yeah, I'm gonna be pissed if we lose Flip next offseason instead of trading him for Colorado's 1st and 2nd picks.

(In other words, you're overestimating his value).

*slow clap*

Amen! Please! Lets not pretend our middling, first round exit, playoff team has any players in the middle/bottom rungs of depth that have any REAL WORTH... Flip has absolutely no value except to US in re-signing.

Telling you, Vancouver needs a center and we have one that is a UFA this year who wants too much money....Val for Burrows...get it done! Throw in #93 to team up with the Sedins and give us their 1st rounder.

to VAN: Val Filppula, Johan Franzen

to DET: Alex Burrows, 2013 1st round pick.

Book it! Get it done! :lol::P

If this is the price for Morrow I don't even wanna think about what it would cost to land Iginla, Jaybo, or Gaborik. Im actually ok with holland doing nothing.

I agree. Just like UFA's, trades are way over inflated. Smart teams like Detroit, just stick to drafting and developing their own players.

Kenny should be a seller

Yeah, ok, the Wings are hitting their stride, lets unload.

Sure the Pens got better...but only for now they've gotten way worse going forward. Their prospect now is Despres or whatever his name is, the big club only has Letang as an outstanding defenseman other than that the D is still their weakness. So giving up what they did for an injury prone playerwasn't the smartest thing to do in my eyes.

for the Wings this will mean several things:

1. if these are the default prices I am even more happy the Wings aren't on Iginla's list

2. Filpula's value just rose to new dimension (1st + decent prospect + depth player) -> I like that a lot

3. given 1 I fully agree with Holland standing pat, trading away the future for shortterm help is not going to lead to the promised land.

The pens are more than set for defensive prospects, they have a long jam in that area. In fact, that's pretty much all Ray Shero drafts are defensive prospects.

I don't know how I feel about this move for the Penguins. I understand they have cap space so they want to pursue a rental player that puts them over the top, but is that guy Brenden Morrow? I don't know. I guess he gives them some grittiness and some more leadership, but unless they win the Cup this year then it's simply not worth it. The exchange of draft picks makes the deal a little more equitable but, in the big picture, Dallas wins this trade.

I don't know how I feel about this move for the Penguins. I understand they have cap space so they want to pursue a rental player that puts them over the top, but is that guy Brenden Morrow? I don't know. I guess he gives them some grittiness and some more leadership, but unless they win the Cup this year then it's simply not worth it. The exchange of draft picks makes the deal a little more equitable but, in the big picture, Dallas wins this trade.

It's a luxury move a winning team, with a solid top 5 defenseman signed through another year can make. They have some very good defensive prospects that are ready to make the jump into pros soon. Shero has been the best GM in terms of trading the past few years with getting Sutter, Neal, Niskanen, Kunitz etc.

Not a bad move, Morrow can provide some experience for them on the forward end, something that they don't have a lot of considering their oldest guy is like 35.

I agree that Ray Shero has been a great GM in Pittsburgh... his only real misfire was Ponikarovsky a couple years ago. I figured the Penguins would throw out some of their defensive prospects as bait, since they've stockpiled them over the years, but I'm just surprised that the return ends up being Brenden Morrow. He's been tapering off the last couple seasons (maybe not coincidentally since the departure of James Neal), but maybe the change of scenery sparks something. I don't think the Penguins got fleeced or anything, but it's just not a real groundshaking move to me. I honestly thought that the Penguins were going to pull in Jarome Iginla.

I think it's a testament to the high price of the trade market this lockout shortened season. I expected a lot more wheeling and dealing the next week or so across the league, and maybe we'll see some more action, but I'm curious what contenders are willing to part with to push themselves over the top.

I'm really surprised to see Joe Morrow leave. He looked very impressive at times with the Pens during the preseason and camp and they knew he was going to fit into their system. Yet they trade him for a burned out power forward that might just be a rental? Unless Brenden Morrow turns out to be a critical piece of their Stanley Cup run or Joe Morrow ends up being a bust, the Pens lost this trade.