• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Crashnburnluder

Calle Jarnkrok to play for GR Griffins

Rate this topic

Now, I could be totally off-base because I don't know how long the tournament overseas lasts, but would he be at all eligible for the Griffins playoff run?

No he is not, I don't believe. This article states more information though;

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/03/red_wings_top_prospect_calle_j.html

Jarnkrok cannot be called up by the Red Wings.

Holland said he asked NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly if the Red Wings could bring Jarnkrok to North America now that his team, Brynas, is eliminated from the playoffs.

Daly spoke to the Swedish Ice Hockey Federation and and was told any player on the first year of an NHL entry-level contract who played in Europe this season would be allowed to come over and play in the AHL only. But, the player must return to his Swedish club by April 15 to play in tournament games and get ready for the World Championship.

“Next year, the plan is he'll come to North America and compete for a job in Detroit,'' Holland said. “This is an opportunity for him to experience North American hockey for 2½ weeks.''

This kid only weighs 175 lbs. He's got a while before he's ready to play in the NHL effectively. I am happy to see what he can do in the AHL though.

Im pretty sure those stats are old, he have added a few more pounds now. I belive He weights around 180-185 lbs now.

Edit: http://www.hockeyligan.se/trupp/BIF/479 stats from this season. 82kgs, about 181 pounds.

Edited by Marxx71

Hoping someone with more insight could answer a question.

Why was he drafted so late?

- Ranked #4 Euro. #1 Swede. (Actual draft: #10 Euro, #4 Swede)

- The 3 Swedes drafted before him only played in the J20 SuperElit while he was already promoted playing in the Elitserien.

Was it simply just a size issue?

Grand Rapids doesn't play until Thursday the 28th against San Antonio. That should be his first game and when we'll really know. I doubt they'll be releasing anything major other than videos of "hello, how do you like it?" until then.

Yep. Its damage control really, try to lessen then chance of ruining or hampering a prospects development. The Wings can't afford to do that with their high level prospects.

Yep. One word: Edmonton.

http://fox17online.com/2013/03/27/red-wings-top-prospect-jarnkrok-joins-griffins/#axzz2OkIECVXg

Nice article about Jarnkrok's first practice with the Griffs before they embark on their 6 game road trip.

“It’s smaller ice and the speed is much faster,” said Jarnkrok when comparing his first AHL practice to his time in Sweden. “I have to make all of my decisions faster. I think that’s the biggest change (I need to make),”

“He’s real, real smart. Competes real hard, strong on his skates for not a big guy, can really pass the puck and actually showed an ability to shoot the puck out there,” said Blashill. “He’s got lots of tools. Now it’s putting it together and showing you can be productive on the smaller sheet.”

Jarnkrok has been compared to Red Wings center Henrik Zetterberg and that’s just fine by him. Jarnkrok’s favorite team growing up was the Red Wings and his favorite player was Zetterberg. “When I watch him play, I try to take after what he’s doing good.”

Jarnkrok has been compared to Red Wings center Henrik Zetterberg and that’s just fine by him. Jarnkrok’s favorite team growing up was the Red Wings and his favorite player was Zetterberg. “When I watch him play, I try to take after what he’s doing good.”

Am I the only one who gets depressed a bit reading up on prospects who say they watched players like Z & Pavs "growing up"? Man I feel old right now.

http://fox17online.com/2013/03/27/red-wings-top-prospect-jarnkrok-joins-griffins/#axzz2OkIECVXg

Nice article about Jarnkrok's first practice with the Griffs before they embark on their 6 game road trip.

Lol...omgosh, anyone listen to Blashill at the end of that clip? Sounds like he's trying to mock/do his best impression of Babcock.

Lol...omgosh, anyone listen to Blashill at the end of that clip? Sounds like he's trying to mock/do his best impression of Babcock.

Had to watch it again, this time with the pre-disposition of Babcock's voice and ohhh mahhh gawdddd

Guest Crymson

This kid only weighs 175 lbs. He's got a while before he's ready to play in the NHL effectively. I am happy to see what he can do in the AHL though.

His listed weight is outdated. From what I've been told, he's well over 180 now.

Am I the only one who gets depressed a bit reading up on prospects who say they watched players like Z & Pavs "growing up"? Man I feel old right now.

Lidstrom and Lemieux were Ericsson's favorite players growing up.

Grand Rapids doesn't play until Thursday the 28th against San Antonio. That should be his first game and when we'll really know. I doubt they'll be releasing anything major other than videos of "hello, how do you like it?" until then.

Yep yep. I'll be going...I'll do what I can to scout him.

So......I didn't see too much of Jarnkrok. I was keeping an eye out for him but didn't see him on the ice too much. I was also trying to figure out the lines but Blashill kept mixing it up. The one time I did take note he was out there with Ferraro and Jurco. He did play on the PP, but I thought it was the 2nd unit. I didn't notice him, which meant he wasn't screwing up, but he wasn't drawing my attention either. I couldn't find his TOI, but he had 0 sog and 0 PIM, Griffins put up 40 shots to SA's 16 and lost 4-1......typical Red Wings hockey against a bottom dweller.

Edited by rrasco