• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Crashnburnluder

Calle Jarnkrok to play for GR Griffins

Rate this topic

Well Calle Jarnkrok is done with his little stint with the GRR. Here's some quick quotes from him:

“I think I have to work on everything, but I think I need to work on my strength to be bigger and put some muscle on,'' Jarnkrok said. “I think that’s the biggest thing for me right now and this summer.”

The 6-foot, 176-pound highly skilled center had no goals and three assists in nine games for the AHL Grand Rapids Griffins before returning to Sweden to prepare for the World Championships.

“It was a little bit harder than I thought it would be,'' Jarnkrok, 21, said. “It was getting better and better for each game, so I feel good about it.

“I expected smaller ice and bigger players, so I expected it to be pretty tough for me. It was, but I think I figured it out and it’s getting better and better for each game.”

Lidstrom speaks about Jarnkrok:

“He's a very shifty guy, he's quick, he's got quick hands, he sees the ice very well,'' Lidstrom said. “He's got real good hockey sense. He needs to get stronger and get used to playing on this ice surface, but he's got a lot of potential.'

“You do see a lot of similarities to how Hank plays,'' Lidstrom said. “He's got that ability to hang onto the puck and not throw it away unless he has to. He can hold off guys and make that play when there's an opening and wait for that opening, too.

“I think he's ready for the next level and see how quick he can adapt to playing on smaller rinks with faster guys.''

Jonathan Ericsson speaks about Jarnkrok:

“He’s got really good hands and good vision,'' Ericsson said. “He’s not a very big guy, but it’s something that you can work on. He’s got all of the tools. It feels like he’s aware of everything all of the time.

“And he’s a righty, too, which is a good thing for us.”

“Gus is probably a little more explosive as far as his skating goes; there’s more of a smoothness to Calle’s skating, it’s really easy for him,'' Ericsson said. “I’d say that (Jarnkrok's) skills and moves are smoother, maybe more in the (Pavel) Datsyuk way, and Gus is really shifty.”

Guest DeGraa55

I love to hear that about him. But 6 foot? That's 6 foot with skates on lol...he is SMALL. Still got a ways to go at least a year maybe two before he is ready to be a regular with the us...hopefully its not when he is 89 like everyone else.

Im actually pretty excited about him( and (tinkie winkie) even more so than Tatar or Nyquist.