• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Crashnburnluder

Calle Jarnkrok to play for GR Griffins

Rate this topic

Really excited to see him take his first step over to NA. Only 9 games but it will be nice to see him play on some smaller ice and see how he stacks up with guys in the AHL.

Links:

Mlive.com

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/03/red_wings_top_prospect_calle_j.html#incart_river

Helena St. James Twitter

https://twitter.com/HeleneStJames/status/316009477021265921

PS. If this should be moved to the Griffins thread of the Prospect thread I'm sorry but I figured it would be okay here since a lot have him stapled as a Red Wing next season.

Edited by Crashnburnluder

Guest DeGraa55

If fil leaves well need him as a wing next season. And if he is as good as everyone says. The following season might replace dats on the second line.

If fil leaves well need him as a wing next season. And if he is as good as everyone says. The following season might replace dats on the second line.

He cant replace Datsyuk ever haha... well I hope he can but thats high expectations lol... but lets hope he doesn't have to haha.

Guest Johnz96

Very exciting news, I can't say I've seen a ton of this kid outside of tournaments. Really can't wait to see how well he can adapt.

Me too.

He is going to play in 9 games with the Griffs before going back to play in European tournaments.

Guest DeGraa55

I was honestly thinking today that I would rather see guys like him with us next year then guys like Sammy Bert or cleary.

Iirc when we had the DAT zet and hull line that was like the third line right? What better way to get used to the NHL then actually play there. And with salary cap now. I'd like to see the youth down there. Really don't even need eaves or miller any more.

Do we really need another small Euro who will be lucky not to get knocked off the puck in the NHL?

I know he has good upside, but you can only have so many similar players in the lineup at the same time.

I just hope they find some big wingers if they plan on calling him up in the next year or so. And don't put him on the 4th line like they do with Nyquist and others from GR.

Happy to hear it. Any experience he can get NOW will only help him out later, make him more ready when training camp starts.

Hoping to see Järnkrok, Tatar and Nyquist all with the Wings next season.

Happy to hear it. Any experience he can get NOW will only help him out later, make him more ready when training camp starts.

Hoping to see Järnkrok, Tatar and Nyquist all with the Wings next season.

Nyquist and Jarnkrok will need to beef up a little.

Tatar should already be a regular since he plays a grittier game than those two.

This kid only weighs 175 lbs. He's got a while before he's ready to play in the NHL effectively. I am happy to see what he can do in the AHL though.

How heavy was Z in his rookie season? In fact, he and Datsyuk got rag-dolled in the playoffs until 2007. I expect Jarnkrok to take several years playing in the NHL before he reaches his physical potential. Not to say he'll be as good as those two.

I wonder if this is a 'get a few games in now and be ready to be a "Black Ace" after the Euro tournaments'?

Jarnkrok won't be eligible to play in the NHL this year. Only the AHL as per his deal with the SEL. I'm thinking he can't be a Black Ace. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Edited by rick zombo

How heavy was Z in his rookie season? In fact, he and Datsyuk got rag-dolled in the playoffs until 2007. I expect Jarnkrok to take several years playing in the NHL before he reaches his physical potential. Not to say he'll be as good as those two.

Jarnkrok won't be eligible to play in the NHL this year. Only the AHL as per his deal with the SEL. I'm thinking he can't be a Black Ace. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Right, I completely agree. As I said, he's got a couple more years before he'll play in the NHL effectively.

And that's why I rely on others when it comes to the ins and outs of contracts and such. ;)

Jarnkrok won't be eligible to play in the NHL this year. Only the AHL as per his deal with the SEL. I'm thinking he can't be a Black Ace. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Right, I completely agree. As I said, he's got a couple more years before he'll play in the NHL effectively.

Cool. And you'd agree that he'd be relatively good in the league next year, for example, and continue to improve each season? Much like Dats and Z? Edited by rick zombo

Cool. And you'd agree that he'd be relatively good in the league next year, for example, and continue to improve each season? Much like Dats and Z?

I wouldn't agree to that because I have never seen him play, and the odds are against him ever being as good as either of those two. We'll see what he turns in to, but in general I'm against comparing the development of a 21 year old prospect with no North American hockey experience to vaunted NHL superstars.

Then again, I would have said the same thing about Dats and Z at that age. And I would have been wrong.

Edited by kipwinger

Thus begineth the over-ripening.

I would rather see a player of his caliber play a full season in the AHL getting top line minutes than play in the NHL getting 9-12 minutes a game on the 3rd and 4th lines. Plus, playing in the AHL will help him with his development and confidence.

I would rather see a player of his caliber play a full season in the AHL getting top line minutes than play in the NHL getting 9-12 minutes a game on the 3rd and 4th lines. Plus, playing in the AHL will help him with his development and confidence.

Yep. Its damage control really, try to lessen then chance of ruining or hampering a prospects development. The Wings can't afford to do that with their high level prospects.

Now, I could be totally off-base because I don't know how long the tournament overseas lasts, but would he be at all eligible for the Griffins playoff run?

This would be nice, but I don't know. Its possible.....