• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

This kid only weighs 175 lbs.  He's got a while before he's ready to play in the NHL effectively.  I am happy to see what he can do in the AHL though. 

His listed weight is outdated. From what I've been told, he's well over 180 now. 

Am I the only one who gets depressed a bit reading up on prospects who say they watched players like Z & Pavs "growing up"?  Man I feel old right now.

Lidstrom and Lemieux were Ericsson's favorite players growing up.

#42 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

Crap, I'm going to be in Moab when the Griffins are in near by Abbottsford.  Been looking forward to that game all year, but I can't turn down an opprotunity to go to Moab.

#43 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

Grand Rapids doesn't play until Thursday the 28th against San Antonio. That should be his first game and when we'll really know. I doubt they'll be releasing anything major other than videos of "hello, how do you like it?" until then.

Yep yep.  I'll be going...I'll do what I can to scout him.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#44 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:10 PM

Yep yep.  I'll be going...I'll do what I can to scout him.

Full report tomorrow morning :hammer:

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#45 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

Haha, I will do my best.  How much I remember will depend on how much I tip back, but I've been a lot better about that lately.

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#46 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

Haha, I will do my best.  How much I remember will depend on how much I tip back, but I've been a lot better about that lately.

Talk into a tape recorder and load a media file tomorrow that we can try to decipher your drunken thoughts.  :lol:

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#47 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

Does anyone have a certain portal I could click to magically watch this game somehow? 

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#48 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

Jarnkrok on the 1st line PP from what it looks

Got FSD setup with all it's glory.  Plan to have pre and post game coverage along with Wingspan and 24/7.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#49 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:16 AM

So......I didn't see too much of Jarnkrok.  I was keeping an eye out for him but didn't see him on the ice too much.  I was also trying to figure out the lines but Blashill kept mixing it up.  The one time I did take note he was out there with Ferraro and Jurco.  He did play on the PP, but I thought it was the 2nd unit.  I didn't notice him, which meant he wasn't screwing up, but he wasn't drawing my attention either.  I couldn't find his TOI, but he had 0 sog and 0 PIM, Griffins put up 40 shots to SA's 16 and lost 4-1......typical Red Wings hockey against a bottom dweller.

Edited by rrasco, 29 March 2013 - 09:16 AM.

#50 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:20 AM

Jarnkrok had some good passing on display but didn't look completely settled. He wears #25 and every time he was on the ice I keyed in on him only pretty much. He seemed to be skating well and had soft hands. Thats about all I can say at this point. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#51 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:29 AM

That was my first problem, I got there a little late and didn't know what number he was wearing, so it took me a few to spot him.  I only saw him out there for a few faceoffs as well.

#52 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

Calle to get his first point as a Griff tonight in T

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#53 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:09 PM

Calle to get his first point as a Griff tonight in T

I hope so. I'll be watching so he better not waste my time

#54 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,988 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:23 AM

0G 0A in 3GP

Of course, no one was scoring in GR during these 3 games except the vets.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#55 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,695 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

Does anybody know who Jarnkrok's linemates are in Grand Rapids?  I saw that he's a plus 2 in four games but he doesn't have any assists and was wondering who was doing the scoring. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#56 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:49 PM

2 assists tonight so far

#57 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:51 PM

2 assists tonight so far

Awesome! news.

With Nyquist starting to feel comfortable in the NHL I sure feel good about our future.

#58 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:56 AM

Well Calle Jarnkrok is done with his little stint with the GRR. Here's some quick quotes from him:

“I think I have to work on everything, but I think I need to work on my strength to be bigger and put some muscle on,'' Jarnkrok said. “I think that’s the biggest thing for me right now and this summer.”

The 6-foot, 176-pound highly skilled center had no goals and three assists in nine games for the AHL Grand Rapids Griffins before returning to Sweden to prepare for the World Championships.

“It was a little bit harder than I thought it would be,'' Jarnkrok, 21, said. “It was getting better and better for each game, so I feel good about it.

“I expected smaller ice and bigger players, so I expected it to be pretty tough for me. It was, but I think I figured it out and it’s getting better and better for each game.”

Lidstrom speaks about Jarnkrok:

“He's a very shifty guy, he's quick, he's got quick hands, he sees the ice very well,'' Lidstrom said. “He's got real good hockey sense. He needs to get stronger and get used to playing on this ice surface, but he's got a lot of potential.'

“You do see a lot of similarities to how Hank plays,'' Lidstrom said. “He's got that ability to hang onto the puck and not throw it away unless he has to. He can hold off guys and make that play when there's an opening and wait for that opening, too.

“I think he's ready for the next level and see how quick he can adapt to playing on smaller rinks with faster guys.''

Jonathan Ericsson speaks about Jarnkrok:

“He’s got really good hands and good vision,'' Ericsson said. “He’s not a very big guy, but it’s something that you can work on. He’s got all of the tools. It feels like he’s aware of everything all of the time.

“And he’s a righty, too, which is a good thing for us.”

“Gus is probably a little more explosive as far as his skating goes; there’s more of a smoothness to Calle’s skating, it’s really easy for him,'' Ericsson said. “I’d say that (Jarnkrok's) skills and moves are smoother, maybe more in the (Pavel) Datsyuk way, and Gus is really shifty.”

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#59 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:13 PM

I love to hear that about him. But 6 foot? That's 6 foot with skates on lol...he is SMALL. Still got a ways to go at least a year maybe two before he is ready to be a regular with the us...hopefully its not when he is 89 like everyone else.

Im actually pretty excited about him( and (tinkie winkie) even more so than Tatar or Nyquist.