• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Johnz96

Iginla may/may not have added Detroit to his trade list

Rate this topic

I would.

Better than losing him for nothing in the off season but it all depends on what if anything the other 4 teams are willing to offer.

Now that he is finally getting an opportunity thanks to the injuries Kindl is looking like a young former first round d-man and Frk is putting up some big numbers in the Q including 5 goals and 3 assists in his last game

I think everyone in Calgary would be pissed with that trade right away.

Never know how it would turn out, but it doesn't look pleasing to the fanbase on paper.

Guest Johnz96

If the prospects include Tatar and Nyquist, I'm not interested.

Where's Mursak when you need him?

They could have had Mursak for nothing a few weeks ago.

Although I think that whoever lands Iginla is getting a great player - despite his age: physical, hard-working, great leadership, with a scoring touch, who has to be hungrier to win the Cup than almost any other player out there - I think that the cost to acquire him is too high. I think that the only way he's worth it is if Calgary drops the price in the 11th hour of the trade deadline, knowing that it's better to get something than nothing at all.

Not interested if it's 2 prospects and a pick.

How about this? 2nd and maybe like a 4th/5th round pick for him.

No?

Pass.

Also I'm guessing with the Pens acquiring Morrow that they are out on Iginla now?

Wings do have a ton of prospects right now, what's the harm in maybe letting Jurco, Ferraro or Pulkinnen go? There are a few untouchables like Mrazek, Sproul, Sheahan, but the rest I might be able to be talked into letting go. I'm excited about our prospects, but we really do have quite a few, and may need to shed some, so others can get the opportunity to play in Grand Rapids and develop.

Guest Johnz96

So, Detroit wasn't on the list.. but now Detroit has been added. In my mind, this makes me think Detroit is pushing hard for him but Detroit wasn't on the list... but Calgary sees a deal they like... so they had a talk with Iginla, who in turn was like "ok... I can do that"

That's just what I'm thinking :)

I was wondering if there my be something like that to it.

Guest irishock

Give em Flip and Nyquist

Amnesty Quincey and Samuelsson

Land Dekeyser

2013-14

Franzen/Datsyuk/Iginla

Tatar/Zetterberg/Cleary

Miller/Helm/Brunner

Emmerton/Abdelkader/Tootoo

Kronwall/FA or trade

Smith/Ericsson

Kindl/Dekeyser

Get a legit top 4 D and we're back in the hunt for the stanley cup.

Edited by irishock

Wings do have a ton of prospects right now, what's the harm in maybe letting Jurco, Ferraro or Pulkinnen go? There are a few untouchables like Mrazek, Sproul, Sheahan, but the rest I might be able to be talked into letting go. I'm excited about our prospects, but we really do have quite a few, and may need to shed some, so others can get the opportunity to play in Grand Rapids and develop.

I suppose there's nothing wrong with it but Iginla is "probably" going to be a "rental" player.

Too much IMO.

So, Detroit wasn't on the list.. but now Detroit has been added. In my mind, this makes me think Detroit is pushing hard for him but Detroit wasn't on the list... but Calgary sees a deal they like... so they had a talk with Iginla, who in turn was like "ok... I can do that"

That's just what I'm thinking :)

I think maybe it was more like, listen Jerome, we talked to those 4 teams you chose...ya, no, they don't want you...you are going to have to find another team to go to. Detroit? Ok, we will see if they want you...

Give em Flip

Don't see it happening.

If the Wings make this move they are going to be committed to winning now, if we get Iginla it's going to be for a non roster player.

I suppose there's nothing wrong with it but Iginla is "probably" going to be a "rental" player.

Too much IMO.

But you could add a 500 goal scorer to Datsyuk's wing. Despite Iginla's regression, he hasn't scored less than 30 goals in 13 years. He's only a year older than Datsyuk...

Edited by Carman

Guest DeGraa55

No. Asking price is too high and he isn't the difference to make us a cup contender.

Lol untouchables. Cute.

Jokes and sacrasm and all-around pessimism aside...it'd be ******* great having Iginla on this team, if only for one round. I mean run.

Big (by our standards), strong, fire-in-the-belly, hungry-for-his-first-and-probably-only-Cup kind of guy. He'd bring an element or two or three that we're sorely lacking.

Power play problems? Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Iginla. Sick.

No. Asking price is too high and he isn't the difference to make us a cup contender.

Lol untouchables. Cute.

Well, It's just my opinion as those players are kind of unique in our system, we don't have much goaltending depth, we are kinda weak with big centers, and Sproul is about as elite of defensive prospect as you can have, it would take a hell of a player to get him.

Not quite sure why that's "cute".

I don't see what the whole age thing has to do with anything. He's old...despite his age...Hello? Anyone notice that he is only 35? Hell, Dats is 34 and still playing like he is 30 and so would Iginla if he had a supporting cast. As long as the prospects don't include our prized ones and our 1st round pick, I am in.

(sorry Nyquist, I do not hold you as one of our prized prospects. No offense, just business)

Guest DeGraa55

Jokes and sacrasm and all-around pessimism aside...it'd bef****** great having Iginla on this team, if only for one round. I mean run.

Big (by our standards), strong, fire-in-the-belly, hungry-for-his-first-and-probably-only-Cup kind of guy. He'd bring an element or two or three that we're sorely lacking.

Power play problems? Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Iginla. Sick.

I agree. He is a finisher that we need. Someone to toss a couple pucks at the net.

I still think price is too much for a rental. BUT if the wings go all in. And make a run at cup we need 2 maybe three guys. And yes iginla would be one of the guys we need.

But I still feel its too much.

I think Boston is most likely to get him.

Chicago has a young and successful team. Can't see them mortgaging their future. Calgary would be dumb to trade Iginla in the division, so I don't see Vancouver getting him.

Pens? Maybe but I doubt it.

I don't think the Wings are Jerome Iginla away from they cup. He's up there too...I'm not sure how many good seasons he has left. If we are going to throw good prospects at a player, it truly needs to be a very good defenceman. If we do get a forward I really hope he's younger

I don't think the Wings are Jerome Iginla away from they cup. He's up there too...I'm not sure how many good seasons he has left. If we are going to throw good prospects at a player, it truly needs to be a very good defenceman. If we do get a forward I really hope he's younger

Nobody wants to give up good, young forwards.

Look how much money Anaheim was willing to shell out for Getzlaf and Perry.

Guest DeGraa55

Well, It's just my opinion as those players are kind of unique in our system, we don't have much goaltending depth, we are kinda weak with big centers, and Sproul is about as elite of defensive prospect as you can have, it would take a hell of a player to get him.

Not quite sure why that's "cute".

I agree with what you're saying. But you never know what trades may or may not happen. Now do I think its unlikely they're moved? Yes highly unlikely. But with the wings you're only untouchable if you're north of 30 and on the decline( no that's not sarcasm...prove me wrong).

And you don't know what the wings management thinks. Maybe they see Howard as their goalie for the next 10 years. I mean he is average or maybe below average to many here. Mzrazek very well could be a trade piece. If sprouk lands us a superstar defenseman that's say 25 why not trade him? Like I said stuff happens. Its why I don't like the word untouchable as no one is untouchable.

I think Boston is most likely to get him.

Chicago has a young and successful team. Can't see them mortgaging their future. Calgary would be dumb to trade Iginla in the division, so I don't see Vancouver getting him.

Pens? Maybe but I doubt it.

I think with the Pens getting Morrow. Boston "probably" now has the best chance at getting Iginla.

I agree with what you're saying. But you never know what trades may or may not happen. Now do I think its unlikely they're moved? Yes highly unlikely. But with the wings you're only untouchable if you're north of 30 and on the decline( no that's not sarcasm...prove me wrong).

And you don't know what the wings management thinks. Maybe they see Howard as their goalie for the next 10 years. I mean he is average or maybe below average to many here. Mzrazek very well could be a trade piece. If sprouk lands us a superstar defenseman that's say 25 why not trade him? Like I said stuff happens. Its why I don't like the word untouchable as no one is untouchable.

Yeah, the untouchable comment was just meant with this trade for Iginla, if the Wings were to go after a younger player like Yandle for example all bets are off.

Nobody wants to give up good, young forwards.

Look how much money Anaheim was willing to shell out for Getzlaf and Perry.

By young, I mean not over 35....if Iginla was 31-32 I'd be all about it. I just think its all downslope from here with him.