• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Johnz96

Iginla may/may not have added Detroit to his trade list

Rate this topic

Because in Dipland, degraa means Swami of Hockey...I am surprised you didn't know that...

Funny, everyone wants, but no one wants to give up. Sooner or later, with our prospects, you are going to have another Meech/Quincey situation and are going to lose one of them for nothing. If you can sacrifice one or two now for Iginla (I don't like rentals, he needs to sign a 3 year deal) then you need to grow some (Stu) balls and take that risk...

I said I don't like rentals, if he indeed puts the Wings in a whole new gear and they make it pretty far into the playoffs, he will re-sign here. The only way he walks is if they get embarrassed in the 1st round...

It's a situation where Datsyuk is getting close to the end, and I think we need to make an effort to put talent around him. We have assets, and with the rise of Lashoff, and Kindl, our defense situation is looking much brighter the nthe beginning of the year.

I wouldn't be against going after Iginla, he's still a good player, he's just no longer a PPG top 10 player. But he would still provide us with a consistent scoring winger, and would be an immediate upgrade to our team.

By young, I mean not over 35....if Iginla was 31-32 I'd be all about it. I just think its all downslope from here with him.

But you want Datsyuk to re-sign after next year, right? Just making sure I understand...BTW, he won't be "over" 35 until July...

Screw Igonala - Iginaglunga - Igongajala... I want Murphy back! damn you FSD.

Juck F*cking Pott, is that you?

Guest Johnz96

Yeah, the untouchable comment was just meant with this trade for Iginla, if the Wings were to go after a younger player like Yandle for example all bets are off.

Yandle is Smith without the toughness but with almost as much rookie mistakes.

Iginla is more of the player we need a right handed sniper who drives to the net creates space and can still back up his teammates. It's been a while since we've had some toughness in the top 6 or on the PP.

Yandle is Smith without the toughness but with almost as much rookie mistakes.

Oh yea agreed, I just couldn't think of another young player that's been in trade rumors.

It isn't about Iginla's age, it's about Iginla's market value right now in combination with his age. He's going to be so expensive to bring in... I have no doubt that he would produce on any team, and give them a great push in the playoff picture, but he's a 35-year old rental player. If you're going to fork over what Calgary is demanding for him, you'd better have a great chance at winning the Stanley Cup this year. He will hit free agency after this season.

If I was a GM, I would wait until we're in the final days of the trade deadline. If he's still available, I would expect that Calgary's asking price would start to bend because they want to get something for him instead of seeing him walk.

Guest Johnz96

It's a situation where Datsyuk is getting close to the end, and I think we need to make an effort to put talent around him. We have assets, and with the rise of Lashoff, and Kindl, our defense situation is looking much brighter the nthe beginning of the year.

I wouldn't be against going after Iginla, he's still a good player, he's just no longer a PPG top 10 player. But he would still provide us with a consistent scoring winger, and would be an immediate upgrade to our team.

He is still a consistent 30 goal scorer on a non playoff team. A change of scenery and playing with Pav and Z could rejuvenate him back to being a PPG player

Guest DeGraa55

But you want Datsyuk to re-sign after next year, right? Just making sure I understand...BTW, he won't be "over" 35 until July...

Juck F*cking Pott, is that you?

Not everyone ages the same.

We have been fortunate with several guys. Usually after 30-32 people start declining. But some guys like lids and dats do it very slowly so they can still compete at a high level. But make no mistake are decking as player. Lids his last couple of years slowed down a lot. But he was just such a smart player he was still able to be in the right position and conserved his enery.

Guest Crymson

He is still a consistent 30 goal scorer on a non playoff team. A change of scenery and playing with Pav and Z could rejuvenate him back to being a PPG player

Or he could suck.

Not everyone ages the same.

We have been fortunate with several guys. Usually after 30-32 people start declining. But some guys like lids and dats do it very slowly so they can still compete at a high level. But make no mistake are decking as player. Lids his last couple of years slowed down a lot. But he was just such a smart player he was still able to be in the right position and conserved his enery.

Lidstrom did not throw his body around every night. Neither does Datsyuk. Iginla does.

If iginla sucks then by would he be 3rd on our team in points or game with .70.

It's not like he has struggled mightily, and its a half season, if there was ever a season to go after a older rental this would be the season.

If iginla sucks then by would he be 3rd on our team in points or game with .70.

It's not like he has struggled mightily, and its a half season, if there was ever a season to go after a older rental this would be the season.

Except that, because of the shortened season, less teams are accepting their place as sellers which drives the price up. Iginla would be a great pickup, but for the cost.

Guest Johnz96

Or he could suck.

Lidstrom did not throw his body around every night. Neither does Datsyuk. Iginla does.

He is still outproducing any of the Wings' wingers without a center as good as Fippula, never mind Datsyuk or Zetterberg and is tougher than all of them (Wings' wingers) too.

Edited by Johnz96

Guest Johnz96

id try for it mursak nyquist 3rd round

They could have had Mursak for free a few weeks ago

I don't want an expensive rental. I'll take a cheaper rental, but not one that's likely not going to say with your team and who will cost a boat load. If we're in the market for an expensive star winger I'd chase Gaborik before Iginla. At least he's under contract for another year.

Also, Iginla seriously loves Calgary, as does his family by all accounts. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if he was traded, Calgary got a king's ransom for him, and he returned there in the off season.

No thanks.

Also, Iginla seriously loves Calgary, as does his family by all accounts. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if he was traded, Calgary got a king's ransom for him, and he returned there in the off season.

Oh that would be totally uncool.

Quincey, McCollum, Mursak for Iginla. Throw in a pick even. Ignila would be at least our 4th best forward. If Kenny gets er done, we should be looking at the Cup. He's not just a rental, no reason we couldn't re-sign him immediately. Iginla-Datsyuk would rip it up.

Edited by TheOwl

Best case scenario: We last an extra round with an Iginla signing. Problem is: We give up assets this team needs in order to stay the mighty red wings.

Though I have to say right about now I would trade Franzen for Iginla straight up.

Edited by clutchngrab

If this were last season or the season before when the Wings had a legit shot at the Cup I would say go for it. The Wings are more than an aging Iginla away from being a contender. The Wings are at the start of a transition. Lets not set that transition back another 2 years by trading prospects. I would however trade Iginla for Franzine if thats all it took.

Edited by GoalieManPat

That's the way I read it too.

I think maybe it was more like, listen Jerome, we talked to those 4 teams you chose...ya, no, they don't want you...you are going to have to find another team to go to. Detroit? Ok, we will see if they want you...