• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Johnz96

Iginla may/may not have added Detroit to his trade list

Rate this topic

Sorry, but maybe a few years ago, I might have considered it (for about 30 seconds before I dismissed it), but now, no. Not for any reason.

Edited by Kira

Like I said yesterday, seeing at what the Pens were willing to pay for Morrow I don't even want to think about the pricetag for Iginla. This has to be a big nono from Holland.

Wings are not an Iginla away from contending for the cup.

They've came out and said it's 2 prospects + a pick.

I understand if the price is too high. But iginla himself should be in consideration. I don't get why people would dismiss him without even a seconds thought. This guy would come in and immediately be our 3rd best forward. Now I don't want holland to trade the farm, but i sure as hell want him to be in the conversation, at the very least drive up the price for another team.

Edited by Carman

Iginla would be expensive, but he'd be worth it in most cases. He adds an element the Wings need more of. I would trade Flip for him, even considering the age difference. Flip will never be any better, Iginla helps us win now and maybe next year.

But you want Datsyuk to re-sign after next year, right? Just making sure I understand...BTW, he won't be "over" 35 until July...

Juck F*cking Pott, is that you?

Comparing Iginla to Datsyuk doesn't fly with me. I believe Datsyuk is still, somehow and against all previous wisdom, growing as a player. The play quite different games and I think Iginla will age much more like a typical NHL forward. So much of Dastyuks game is in his head though and I think that is going to stick around longer.

Talked to an exec this am and said asking price to high for Iginla. #1 pick, Top prospect, and a secondary prospect.
— Matthew Barnaby (@MattBarnaby3636)

' class="bbc_url">@

Talked to an exec this am and said asking price to high for Iginla. #1 pick, Top prospect, and a secondary prospect.

Would probably cost us a 1st, Nyquist, and (insert random prospect), if there's any truth to that

Haha. Cute. Who does he think Jarome Iginla is...Jarome Iginla 6 years ago?

' class="bbc_url">@

Would probably cost us a 1st, Nyquist, and (insert random prospect), if there's any truth to that

They were saying 2 prospects + a pick last night and this morning. I'm guessing it would be a main prospect, secondary, and then a 2nd-3rd round pick. I don't think they'll get a 1st out of a rental, that is unless they roll Iggy to a new contract then dish it. It would have to be a sign and trade agreed with Iggy.

I would rather pay Iginla 5+ for a couple years then pay Fil the same amount. Fil, Nyquist and a couple conditional picks depending if he re ups. We need a goal scorer Fil can be replaced from within. (Tatar)

I'm a big Flip fan, but if we had good reason to believe Iginla would re-sign with the Wings for 2+ yrs, I think this is a good trade.

Haha. Cute. Who does he think Jarome Iginla is...Jarome Iginla 6 years ago?

These days you never know. I mean even friggin Paul Gaustad netted a 1st rounder last year. Quincey was worth a 1st rounder too. I could a see a a team coughin up 2 prospects and a pick for Iggy. Probably won't be us though.

I think if Detroit goes after Iginla it is because we plan on keeping him around next season or two as well. He is obviously going to take a drop in salary and having our top 6 consisting of Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Brunner, Franzen, and Iginla/Fillpula. I don't think we can keep filp if we bring in Iginla. So I guess at the end of the day I think Holland with either pay Filppula 5ish or Iginla 5ish...

The way Kindl has played this year has pretty much taken him off my trade bait list. Quincey is on it though.

So, in my wacky mind:

Flip + Q + McCollum + 2 high round picks (4/5th round) for Iginla.

Still an overpayment for a rental, two roster players, a prospect and 2 draft picks?

If we make a move for Iginla it's not going to be with a top roster player. We would want to win now.

I'd be ok with Jurco, 1st and something little like White, or a lesser prospect like Aubry.

Wings would be getting a top 6 winger that is of the same caliber this season as Marleau, Bobby Ryan, Sharp, Skinner, Simmonds, Seguin, Eberle, Justin Williams, Selanne, Kane and Clarkson. If Iginla is regressing, he's not doing it fast.

If we make a move for Iginla it's not going to be with a top roster player. We would want to win now.

I'd be ok with Jurco, 1st and something little like White, or a lesser prospect like Aubry.

Wings would be getting a top 6 winger that is of the same caliber this season as Marleau, Bobby Ryan, Sharp, Skinner, Simmonds, Seguin, Eberle, Justin Williams, Selanne, Kane and Clarkson. If Iginla is regressing, he's not doing it fast.

That is still alot for a guy that may not re-sign here after the season... I say that mainly because of that 1st round pick

Way too much for an aging star that gives no promises of resigning, the team is in a transitional period and giving up youth would be the worst move possible.

That is still alot for a guy that may not re-sign here after the season... I say that mainly because of that 1st round pick

I'd have some faith that if we do this deal we would be able to sign him to a longer term. I have no idea how these situations played out, but if I had a good feeling that he's interested in signing for us. I feel the risk is worth the reward here. Wings have enough prospects that can fill holes the next few years like Andersson, Kindl, Lashoff, Smith, Tatar, and Nyquist making the jump to every day NHLers. And Datsyuk/Zetterberg are only going to get older, that first round pick won't likely ever play with them, at least not at the elite level they are playing now.

I'd have some faith that if we do this deal we would be able to sign him to a longer term. I have no idea how these situations played out, but if I had a good feeling that he's interested in signing for us. I feel the risk is worth the reward here. Wings have enough prospects that can fill holes the next few years like Andersson, Kindl, Lashoff, Smith, Tatar, and Nyquist making the jump to every day NHLers. And Datsyuk/Zetterberg are only going to get older, that first round pick won't likely ever play with them, at least not at the elite level they are playing now.

Imagine having a real true Power Forward on the team again :) I almost forget what they look like. Believe me I'm all for Iggy signing here for the right price.... been praying for it to happen for years!

A 35 year old power forward? Calgary's going to want to cash in big because he's their franchise, but you don't see very many power forwards lasting this long and being effective and its not like we're one piece away from a championship here. I think we need scoring, but I can't even imagine giving Calgary that much for a guy that will probably be a just a rental and won't be nearly as effective as he was in the past. Let some other franchise throw away their future for a rental.