• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Johnz96

Iginla may/may not have added Detroit to his trade list

Rate this topic

Don't mind it. Partially worried about the price, but Iginla while getting close to the end, is still a great piece for the lockeroom, and the Wings have a pretty stacked prospect pool and are actually running out of contract slots for pro prospects. He's still a .70 PPG player which would 3rd on our team right now, that's without playing with Datsyuk.

The more I think about it, the more I'm starting to like it. Iginla is the perfect rental player, experienced, motivated to win, consistent, physical, and a great leader. The worst case is we lose some assets, but at least we show our team that we are serious about making a run.

Guest Johnz96

Do not want.

I think he is exactly what the Wings need to make them a top contender for the Cup.

Stewart would be better of course because he is so much younger but his value is much higher now than Iginla's and what he was worth before the season started

Guest Johnz96

Filppula, Quincey, Nyquist and a pick for Iginla.

Let the crazy proposals begin!

Way too much.

Frk, Kindl and a 3rd conditional to him re-signing with the Wings?

Edited by Johnz96

Way too much

Really?

How about if we knocked off Quincey from the list? And say they send McGrattan going the other way with Iginla.

So you have, Filppula, Nyquist and a pick for Iginla and McGrattan.

Edited by GMRwings1983

If the price was right, why not?

Agreed, but that's going to be the major issue involved. Not sure I want to give up what Calgary will want for a likely rental.

I said it in the GDT, but the thought of Iginla with Datsyuk is pretty appealing. The cost is going to be insane though.

Asking price is being reported as 2 prospects AND a pick.

Not sure if I'm interested if we have to give up Nyquist/Tatar + another prospect.

Depending on who the two prospects are, I'm interested. Iggy will have that fire in his belly and we tend to do well in the playoffs when we acquire vets on their way out that haven't yet gone all the way...

Guest Johnz96

:glare:

You would take that trade if you were Calgary's GM?

I would.

Better than losing him for nothing in the off season but it all depends on what if anything the other 4 teams are willing to offer.

Now that he is finally getting an opportunity thanks to the injuries Kindl is looking like a young former first round d-man and Frk is putting up some big numbers in the Q including 5 goals and 3 assists in his last game

Hmmmm....two prospects and a pick....Well, one would have to be Nyquist. No way in hell will I give up our 1st round pick...NO WAY!

Nyquist, Ferraro, 3rd round. And that is ONLY if Iginla re-signs at $5M for 3 more years, so we can get Datsyuk to stay a couple more!

Tatar - Datsyuk - Iginla sounds magical to me for the next 3 three years!

Do you think they would take Cola from us?

Hmmmm....two prospects and a pick....Well, one would have to be Nyquist. No way in hell will I give up our 1st round pick...NO WAY!

Nyquist, Ferraro, 3rd round. And that is ONLY if Iginla re-signs at $5M for 3 more years, so we can get Datsyuk to stay a couple more!

Our GM would give up a first round pick for s***.

Guest Johnz96

If he actually played some this year, they might be interested

So, Detroit wasn't on the list.. but now Detroit has been added. In my mind, this makes me think Detroit is pushing hard for him but Detroit wasn't on the list... but Calgary sees a deal they like... so they had a talk with Iginla, who in turn was like "ok... I can do that"

That's just what I'm thinking :)