• This topic is locked This topic is locked
211 replies to this topic

#201 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,376 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

Oooo look at me, I'm Jarome Iginla, I want to be on a contender, la la la la la.

You think Boston isn't? 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#202 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,075 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

You think Boston isn't? 

?

The Bruins are absolutely a contender, even without Iginla. I've gotta think it's either them or the Pens coming out of the East.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#203 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

There is good and bad for the Wings regarding Iginla playing with the Bruins.

It means we have to face a guy who has had great success against us far more often and as part of a better team but it also means that Boston will be losing some players from their current line-up.

Going into next year they have under 8 million in cap space to re-sign Iginla, Horton, Rask, a back-up goalie and a depth player to fill out the roster. They also need to leave enough space for the year after when they need to re-sign Bergeron.

#204 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:56 PM

There is good and bad for the Wings regarding Iginla playing with the Bruins.

It means we have to face a guy who has had great success against us far more often and as part of a better team but it also means that Boston will be losing some players from their current line-up.

Going into next year they have under 8 million in cap space to re-sign Iginla, Horton, Rask, a back-up goalie and a depth player to fill out the roster. They also need to leave enough space for the year after when they need to re-sign Bergeron.

Not really far more often. We've been playing him 4 times a year, it would be 5 or 6 if he re-signs.

If he re-signs, it would probably be in place of Horton, so there's a good chance one of them would be available as a UFA. Though they may end up doing something with Savard to create some space.

#205 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

True but with the playoffs being focused more on inter division match-ups I figure its inevitable that the Bruins and Wings will be seeing more of each other than the Wings and Flames were under the current format.

#206 Jaymister

Jaymister

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:13 PM

The rumour i've been hearing on rogers sportsnet is Alexander Khokhlachev, Matt Bartkowski and a 1st round pick for Iggy.  If this is true, this is a steal for the Bruins.   I've seen Khoklachev play a fair bit in the last year and he's another streaky russian player that could become a good player or could be a total bust.  Bartkowski is a 3rd pairing dmen and the first rounder will be a late rounder that could also go either way.  Calgary should have traded Iggy when he was still a top player and would have got them someone like Dougie Hamilton, plus picks.  Unbelievable how long the Flames have been in denial that they suck and need to rebuild.  Kipper also is worth a lot less then he was a year or two ago.

Cujo is a top 5 goalie in the league- Scott Lucidi

#207 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,075 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

The rumour i've been hearing on rogers sportsnet is Alexander Khokhlachev, Matt Bartkowski and a 1st round pick for Iggy.  If this is true, this is a steal for the Bruins.

That seems to be The Story now. Big steal, for sure. Which kinda pisses me off, but he doesn't want to come here anyway, so screw him and screw this whole thing. :sleepy:

Don't Toews me, bro!

#208 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

That seems to be The Story now. Big steal, for sure. Which kinda pisses me off, but he doesn't want to come here anyway, so screw him and screw this whole thing. :sleepy:

Amen.

Posted Image

#209 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

Just saw on twitter, he went to Boston?
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#210 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

Just saw on twitter, he went to Boston?

Yessir! Close this baby up!

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#211 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,487 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:29 PM

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 2m
As per @aaronward_nhl Iginla to Boston is a done deal. Don't expect formal announcement tonight

02_notcomplicated_Kronwalled55_zpsc7d665

#212 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,257 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:01 AM

Closing this down.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.