• This topic is locked This topic is locked
211 replies to this topic

#141 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,026 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

If we land DeKeyser, and the rumors of Iggy wanting to hammer out a contract extension with whatever team he's dealt too, then I'm all in for getting him here. Adding Iggy to the top 6 puts us amongst the elite in the West, we've proven we can play with Anaheim and Chicago, Datsyuk and Zetterberg aren't getting any younger. Finally our young players are developing in bunches, and we have the depth to deal some of them. (I.E. lose a Nyquist for example, well Jarnkrok is in GR next year)

#NOMOREKINDL

#142 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

If we land DeKeyser, and the rumors of Iggy wanting to hammer out a contract extension with whatever team he's dealt too, then I'm all in for getting him here. Adding Iggy to the top 6 puts us amongst the elite in the West, we've proven we can play with Anaheim and Chicago, Datsyuk and Zetterberg aren't getting any younger. Finally our young players are developing in bunches, and we have the depth to deal some of them. (I.E. lose a Nyquist for example, well Jarnkrok is in GR next year)

Totally agree as long as we land DeKeyser. Otherwise I wouldn't want to give up the depth. I think people are still hugely underestimating how much it will cost.

With the recent Pitts deals giving a clearer picture of the market, I would expect them to be asking for:

One of + 1st rounder or two of:

Frk/Pulkkinen/Jurco/Sproul/Ouellet (top prospects)

+

One of:

Andersson/Sheahan/Nyquist/Tatar/Jarnkrok/Smith (roster player with upside)

+

One of:

Mrazek/Paterson

Again, I believe this would be around what they are asking for, assuming he would sign an extension. (min 2-3yrs)

Gross overpayment? Yup. But it's a sellers market where a guy like Murray can get you two 2nd picks.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#143 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

Totally agree as long as we land DeKeyser. Otherwise I wouldn't want to give up the depth. I think people are still hugely underestimating how much it will cost.

With the recent Pitts deals giving a clearer picture of the market, I would expect them to be asking for:

One of + 1st rounder or two of:

Frk/Pulkkinen/Jurco/Sproul/Ouellet (top prospects)

+

One of:

Andersson/Sheahan/Nyquist/Tatar/Jarnkrok/Smith (roster player with upside)

+

One of:

Mrazek/Paterson

Again, I believe this would be around what they are asking for, assuming he would sign an extension. (min 2-3yrs)

Gross overpayment? Yup. But it's a sellers market where a guy like Murray can get you two 2nd picks.

If thats what they want, and I am gm, count me out. Frk, Ouellet, sproul, and my first rounder are going nowhere. Tatar smith and maybe nyquist are not being moved, and Mrazek is a definite no

#144 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,666 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

What number will Iginla wear in Detroit?

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#145 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

What number will Iginla wear in Detroit?

11?

#146 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,666 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

11?

What will Cleary wear?

#147 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,750 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:31 PM

Pens got schooled in the Morrow deal butz the Murray one was good.

If the price you've mentioned is the asking price for him count me (if I were Holland) out.

Iginla is a rental nothing more and even for a signed one, a team on the verge of rebuilding should not be a big buyer come trade deadline.

There are only two Falmes I'd love to have McGrattan and Bouwmeester.

Sent from my BlackBerry

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#148 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,666 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:38 PM

Imagine what this trade would do in exciting the JLA crowd and Detroit in general.  Interest in this team would spark immediately.

Sadly, it seems to be waning in recent years with mediocrity.  

#149 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

I love the Wings but I don't believe they'll win the Cup this year with or without Iginla so why in the world would we want a rental that would cost us our future.  Just say NO.

#150 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

Whaddya mean I can't beat BOSTON?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

Bench. Correction, Press Box.

What will Cleary wear?

Edited by FireCaptain, 25 March 2013 - 09:57 PM.

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by Heineken and sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#151 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

Pens got schooled in the Morrow deal butz the Murray one was good.

I would say quite the opposite. Two 2nd round draft picks for a top 5/6 slow d-man (who is reported to be out of shape) who is a UFA at the end of the year.

They paid a steep price for Brendan Morrow but he has the potential to be an impact player for this season and more.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#152 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:26 PM

Mickey and Ken said during the 3rd period that Iginla's list doesn't include Detroit.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#153 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:38 PM

Mickey and Ken said during the 3rd period that Iginla's list doesn't include Detroit.

They also said that Feaster wants a ridiculous package in return.

No thanks.

#154 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:44 AM

I heard that too. I don't know what they were talking about after the last Ducks' game then.

#155 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,185 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:42 AM

What will Cleary wear?

11 for the Flames

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#156 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

Just heard today on TSN 1050 Iginla's list has 4 teams, the last 4 Cup Champs: Pens, B.Hawks, Bruins, and Kings. Since we're switching Leagues next year, I hope he goes to the Bruins. Let Boston gutt their farm system for him.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#157 Wings10

Wings10

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

Not happening, plus the asking price is not worth it.

#158 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,513 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

Just heard today on TSN 1050 Iginla's list has 4 teams, the last 4 Cup Champs: Pens, B.Hawks, Bruins, and Kings. Since we're switching Leagues next year, I hope he goes to the Bruins. Let Boston gutt their farm system for him.

:lol:

That's just it...From what I recall Flames GM Feaster wants 2 prospects (probably whoever he wants), and a 1st round draft pick for the 2 to 3 months of "service" Iggy would provide.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#159 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

:lol:

That's just it...From what I recall Flames GM Feaster wants 2 prospects (probably whoever he wants), and a 1st round draft pick for the 2 to 3 months of "service" Iggy would provide.

Apparently Iginla wants to work out a 3-4 yr deal with the team he is traded to before accepting the trade

#160 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

Apparently Iginla wants to work out a 3-4 yr deal with the team he is traded to before accepting the trade

I would take Iginla on a 3-4 year contract, starting with 5 or 5.5 mill and going down from there to lower his cap hit for his "inevitable" decline.  That's not a terrible contract.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.