• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Johnz96

Iginla may/may not have added Detroit to his trade list

Rate this topic

Guest Johnz96

Even though we are not on the reported list of teams he is willing to go to, I would offer them Paterson, Frk/Sheahan and a 1st (it's what they are asking for) and make a run for the Cup. I think he would warm up to the idea of playing with Pav and Z

Guest Crymson

Because the idea that someone would go to play hockey where their family lives is massively unprecedented in the last couple years. Its not like 2 Wings free agents didn't return with family being at least part of the reason. And its really not like the KHL would pay him a lot more than he would make in the NHL for doing it either. /sarcasm

For every NHL player who does it, there are droves who don't, so don't act as if it's the rule rather than the exception, and, accordingly, don't act like it's any rock-solid evidence in support of your claim.

Last offseason Stuart and Lidstrom both departed the Wings, naming family as at least part of the reason for their departures. Say what you will, but Lidstrom wasn't like Yzerman, playing until he could no longer play, he could have played more seasons, even if he may have started declining, at a high level. Pavel's daughter is in Russia right now, she is young, and as it has been pointed out, he lost his parents young. Most people in this situation would want to be near their child. Add to this the fact the KHL will pay him a salary the Wings (or any other team for that matter) could never match, and you have a lot of people taking the short, and logical leap that Datsyuk's days in Detroit maybe shorter than we want them to be.

As for Iginla, too old, too expensive, and too disinterested in Detroit. Not gunna happen.

Stuart did it, yes. Lidstrom's main reason for retirement, as stipulated by the man himself, was that he wanted to walk away from the game on his own terms rather than watch it slowly walk away from him. And Datsyuk doesn't need to worry about money anymore.

But hey, have it your way; worry as much as you want.

Reports: Iginla won't dress for Flames
Wednesday, 03.27.2013 / 7:57 PM / News
NHL.com

With the trade deadline a week away, the Calgary Flames may be preparing for life without their captain.

Multiple media outlets are reporting that Jarome Iginla will not be in uniform when the Flames face theColorado Avalanche on Wednesday night.

TSN's Bob McKenzie reported via Twitter that an Iginla deal is not imminent, but rather that Flames management is protecting its captain from possible injury. Calgary will also host the Columbus Blue Jackets on Friday before visiting the Edmonton Oilers on Monday.

The trade deadline is 3 p.m. ET on Wednesday, April 3.

For every NHL player who does it, there are droves who don't, so don't act as if it's the rule rather than the exception, and, accordingly, don't act like it's any rock-solid evidence in support of your claim.

Stuart did it, yes. Lidstrom's main reason for retirement, as stipulated by the man himself, was that he wanted to walk away from the game on his own terms rather than watch it slowly walk away from him. And Datsyuk doesn't need to worry about money anymore.

But hey, have it your way; worry as much as you want.

Did Richards? Did Suter? Did any huge name free agent that hit the open market? I haven't seen that many free agents who said 'Well ill play for a lot less, because who cares about money anymore!'.

As for Lidstrom:

Per USA Today

The Wings fervently hoped Lidstrom would keep playing, but returning to his native Sweden with his wife, with whom he has four sons, long has been on Lidstrom's horizon.

Per the Free Press

Lidstrom's family was a big reason he retired.

Per Mitch Albom:

he deserves great admiration for walking away from a game when he could still be one of its top players, for leaving money on the table when the Wings would have happily paid him, for returning to his native Sweden because "we are a tight-knit family" and that's where his aging parents live, and he wants his kids to be near them and their cousins.

Shall I continue? I can. I have a lot more where these came from.

EDIT: HockeyTown0001 already reported this up a bit. Sorry about that. Delete this one?

NHL.com reports Iginla is a healthy scratch against Colorado.

With the NHL Trade Deadline a week away, the Calgary Flames may be preparing for life without their captain.

The Flames announced about two hours before game time Wednesday that Jarome Iginla will not be in uniform when they play host to the Colorado Avalanche.

The team said "No further information will be provided at this time."

Iginla has been in the lineup for every one of Calgary's games since April 7, 2007, a streak of 441.

TSN's Bob McKenzie reported via Twitter that an Iginla deal is not necessarily imminent, but rather Flames management is protecting him from possible injury. Calgary will play the Columbus Blue Jackets on Friday before visiting the Edmonton Oilers on Monday.

The trade deadline is 3 p.m. ET on Wednesday, April 3.

Edited by Adidarw

There is good and bad for the Wings regarding Iginla playing with the Bruins.

It means we have to face a guy who has had great success against us far more often and as part of a better team but it also means that Boston will be losing some players from their current line-up.

Going into next year they have under 8 million in cap space to re-sign Iginla, Horton, Rask, a back-up goalie and a depth player to fill out the roster. They also need to leave enough space for the year after when they need to re-sign Bergeron.

There is good and bad for the Wings regarding Iginla playing with the Bruins.

It means we have to face a guy who has had great success against us far more often and as part of a better team but it also means that Boston will be losing some players from their current line-up.

Going into next year they have under 8 million in cap space to re-sign Iginla, Horton, Rask, a back-up goalie and a depth player to fill out the roster. They also need to leave enough space for the year after when they need to re-sign Bergeron.

Not really far more often. We've been playing him 4 times a year, it would be 5 or 6 if he re-signs.

If he re-signs, it would probably be in place of Horton, so there's a good chance one of them would be available as a UFA. Though they may end up doing something with Savard to create some space.

True but with the playoffs being focused more on inter division match-ups I figure its inevitable that the Bruins and Wings will be seeing more of each other than the Wings and Flames were under the current format.

The rumour i've been hearing on rogers sportsnet is Alexander Khokhlachev, Matt Bartkowski and a 1st round pick for Iggy. If this is true, this is a steal for the Bruins. I've seen Khoklachev play a fair bit in the last year and he's another streaky russian player that could become a good player or could be a total bust. Bartkowski is a 3rd pairing dmen and the first rounder will be a late rounder that could also go either way. Calgary should have traded Iggy when he was still a top player and would have got them someone like Dougie Hamilton, plus picks. Unbelievable how long the Flames have been in denial that they suck and need to rebuild. Kipper also is worth a lot less then he was a year or two ago.

The rumour i've been hearing on rogers sportsnet is Alexander Khokhlachev, Matt Bartkowski and a 1st round pick for Iggy. If this is true, this is a steal for the Bruins.

That seems to be The Story now. Big steal, for sure. Which kinda pisses me off, but he doesn't want to come here anyway, so screw him and screw this whole thing. :sleepy: