• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
edicius

Something in the works for the Bruins?

Rate this topic

Just saw this posted from the Boston Bruins' Twitter account:

The Bruins will not have a morning skate today, Head Coach Claude Julien will address the media at 10:45 a.m. ^BB

Iginla? Maybe?

I can't find the presser anywhere online, should be happening now though.

Edit: Boooooooring. Just a bunch of silly platitudes about "finding their game" and "playing angry" and blah blah blah.

Edited by kipwinger

Now the Bruins turn their signs to Jarome Iginla in a very public chase for the Calgary Flames superstar. Indications are Calgary GM Jay Feaster isn’t going to be seriously listening to offers until next week, but the Flames have a decided interest in young Bruins goalie prospect Malcolm Subban as an eventual replacement for the aging Miikka Kiprusoff.

Lol! Is this really the asking price to rent Iginla? Am I missing something here?

If I could get Iginla for Malcolm Subban I'd do it in a second. Subban is garbage.

But I agree with the sentiment, Iginla's asking price is sky high by all accounts.

But if that is what they are looking for, guess what they will want from us... Petr Mrazek...

But if that is what they are looking for, guess what they will want from us... Petr Mrazek...

Again, I'd do it for M. Subban because he's highly overrated. I certainly wouldn't for Mrazek. As I stated in the Iginla thread, I'd rather pursue just about any other winger than him.

Calgary is crazy. You don't get top dollar for rentals. Especially old ones that are UFA at season's end. Iginla would be nice here, but only at the right price.

Ever hear of supply and demand? If there were not enough toothpicks in the world you would be paying $5/toothpick. Iginla is the toothpick, enough teams want him, and will compete to get him and Calgary will make out like bandits. I just hope Holland steers clear of that gong show, who knows, maybe he will try to trade to get Huds back LOL

If I could get Iginla for Malcolm Subban I'd do it in a second. Subban is garbage.

But I agree with the sentiment, Iginla's asking price is sky high by all accounts.

Yeah, that was my point. I don't know much about Subban, but all I hear is how he is going to be the B's future in net. If that is the case, having to give up cornerstone prospect, I'll pass.

The only way I would take that is if there was some kind of term in the trade where Wings get a 1st/2nd round pick if he doesn't resign with the team.

Ever hear of supply and demand? If there were not enough toothpicks in the world you would be paying $5/toothpick. Iginla is the toothpick, enough teams want him, and will compete to get him and Calgary will make out like bandits. I just hope Holland steers clear of that gong show, who knows, maybe he will try to trade to get Huds back LOL

Na, instead of doling out that ridiculous money for a toothpick I would get a nice, inexpensive, paper towel, fold it until it has a nice tip on it and bingo! Problem solved.

If Iginla = Toothpick, who = paper towel?

Guest Crymson

Lol! Is this really the asking price to rent Iginla? Am I missing something here?

Feaster's price to rent Iginla is a first-rounder, a top prospect, and a 2nd-tier prospect.

Yep, that's Feaster for you.

I'd hardball him and say" Look, we already gave you Joey and Huds and they're the shining parts of your run down, dirty old POS team, so take a prospect and a late pick or we'll get by without iginla for the rest of this season until he signs with us next season.