• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
evilzyme

Douglas Murray to Pittsburgh, Confirmed, Awaiting full details

Rate this topic

OBV SAM JOSE IS BLOWING IT UP

GIVE DET UR PFS

But for real, might Detroit be able to pry a fellow or two from a Sharks team that could very well be heading in a new direction?

I don't mind that they're setting the price high. It's actually kind of refreshing to see a GM who recognizes holes in his lineup and goes out and acquires the pieces he needs to win. Shero could have paid third rate prices, and he would have got third rate players. As it is he got two guys that could really help his team and he didn't make excuses or ***** foot around about it. Good for him.

This is a good trade for the Pens. I didn't like the Morrow one for them, but this is a much needed move. They need defense and specifically a shot blocker, which Murray is. Two good playoff moves for them for this year, but if they don't win the Cup this year, they'll be sorry they made these trades.

I don't mind that they're setting the price high. It's actually kind of refreshing to see a GM who recognizes holes in his lineup and goes out and acquires the pieces he needs to win. Shero could have paid third rate prices, and he would have got third rate players. As it is he got two guys that could really help his team and he didn't make excuses or ***** foot around about it. Good for him.

I agree. Shero's a smart hockey dude that's not afraid to pay the price for talent. But, to be fair, he has a team that are/were only a few tweaks away from being a top 2 or 3-team favourite. Holland has more holes to fill than that, and last time I checked this team hasn't gone on any 12-13 game winning streaks or whatever. Know what I mean?

Pittsburgh really wants to win it this year, huh? But at the same time, if they're willing to give up two 2nd round picks as well as one of their best prospects, why not do it for Iginla instead? Murray and Morrow have both been awful this season and one of both of them will need a massive turnaround in Pittsburgh for these moves to look good.

Giving up a lot of future for mediocre guys. Saying that though, they're definitely looking like a contender this year.

Pittsburgh really wants to win it this year, huh? But at the same time, if they're willing to give up two 2nd round picks as well as one of their best prospects, why not do it for Iginla instead? Murray and Morrow have both been awful this season and one of both of them will need a massive turnaround in Pittsburgh for these moves to look good.

Giving up a lot of future for mediocre guys. Saying that though, they're definitely looking like a contender this year.

Probably because Calgary's asking for more?

Edited by rick zombo

I agree. Shero's a smart hockey dude that's not afraid to pay the price for talent. But, to be fair, he has a team that are/were only a few tweaks away from being a top 2 or 3-team favourite. Holland has more holes to fill than that, and last time I checked this team hasn't gone on any 12-13 game winning streaks or whatever. Know what I mean?

I agree, but I don't just mean this season. I mean in general. If you look at the Pens team, who did they develop on their own? Crosby, Fleury, Malkin, Letang, Kennedy. Those guys are all good, but they are only marginally better than Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Howard, Filppula, and Kronwall...if they're better at all. However, they've gone out and acquired Neal, Kunitz, Sutter, Martin, Dupuis...and now Murray and Morrow.

I'm not saying Shero is a better GM than Holland, he doesn't draft or develop players any better than Holland does, and Holland didn't have the option of picking high for guys like Crosby or Malkin. Where Holland really misses the boat is in the trade/FA markets, where he usually misses out on higher end talent because he likes to play it safe. You don't get quality players (that you didn't develop yourself) by refusing to move good young prospects, and by refusing to pay market value. Which is why they got Neal, Sutter, Kunitz, Martin, etc. and we got Sammy, Bert, White, and Quincey.

I'm getting a little irritated by this whole "giving up the future" argument. They are absolutely loaded with defensive prospects. Moving one out of the bunch isn't going to "mortgage the future". They have defensive prospects like we have forward prospects, we're lousy with them. God forbid we move one and rely on the rest for the "future".

People keep saying that teams won't overpay for players like White and Flip, but Murray and Morrow are defense's exhibits A and B for why the Wings could burn some fat from the system and get a kings ransom while doing it.

I'm getting a little irritated by this whole "giving up the future" argument. They are absolutely loaded with defensive prospects. Moving one out of the bunch isn't going to "mortgage the future". They have defensive prospects like we have forward prospects, we're lousy with them. God forbid we move one and rely on the rest for the "future".

I do believe that Morrow was one of their highly looked at prospects though. Penguin fans (we know they like to overrate their prospects) had him rated as one of their top, if not, top defensive prospect.

People keep saying that teams won't overpay for players like White and Flip, but Murray and Morrow are defense's exhibits A and B for why the Wings could burn some fat from the system and get a kings ransom while doing it.

The recent moves haven't been moving fat though, that's the thing. It's been moving picks and it's probably the main thing teams are gunning for this off-season due to the deep draft class.