• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

hockey central mentioned wings should maybe pursue iginla and bouwmees

Rate this topic

do you guys think its possible?? id hate to see the price it would cost us to do such a deal i dont even think wed have the cap space to do such a thing

im sure it would cost us someone like jurco i wouldnt wanna get rid of ... just having fun here so dont shoot me

iginla and bouwmeester for

a 1st and a 3rd round pick

nyquist and kindl

coliacovo (wed have to get rid of some salary to take them in)

jake patterson ( we got mrazek and the new goalie were suppose to sign)

landon ferraro

(even there this sounds like alot to give up)

we can then sign dekeyser and put him in the lineup , trade ian white to replace the 3rd round pick we threw in the deal and waive huskins

i personally think though we shouldnt make any crazy deals and maybe just go for someone like whitney from edmonton and get rid of some guys

I think that we are set on defense in Holland's mind. It'd be nice to get someone but we've got a glut of competent young defensemen. Maybe no one amazing, but we will be solid in a year or two. Especially if we want Dekeyser, Holland's trade do us will ve a scoring forward to make us dangerous to play against.

Our defense would be worse with Bouwmesster

You are nuts. Bouwmeester is overpaid. But the guy is solid defensively. He has huge range an great speed for his size. I really think he could be a great partner for kronwall. He can give kronwall a ton more freedom.

Boueestwr might not be a Norris candidate but he's an effective top pairing guy.

I've said this ever since before he left Florida, I'd like to see what Bouwmeester can do on this team in our system. I think he would flourish. I mean, let's face it, Florida and Calgary are not exactly the best places to play hockey. Two non-playoff teams that get crushed by most teams on most nights, he really didn't have talent around him in either place. I think his skill set would really work in Detroit.

Guest Johnz96

I've said this ever since before he left Florida, I'd like to see what Bouwmeester can do on this team in our system. I think he would flourish. I mean, let's face it, Florida and Calgary are not exactly the best places to play hockey. Two non-playoff teams that get crushed by most teams on most nights, he really didn't have talent around him in either place. I think his skill set would really work in Detroit.

Calgary was a playoff team before he showed up.

Florida finally made the playoffs after he left.

Edited by Johnz96

Guest Johnz96

I'd give up quality picks and prospects for Gaborik or Yandle, but definitely not for Bouwmeester and Iginla. There's no way Holland is dumb enough to pay for these two...right? :confused:

We have enough finesse players we need some size, strength and grit. Even though Bouwmeester is big he doesn't use his size physically

We have enough finesse players we need some size, strength and grit. Even though Bouwmeester is big he doesn't use his size physically

I agree, I don't like Bouwmeester. However, if you were suggesting that we couldn't use the two I mentioned I have to disagree. Gaborik would finally give Dats a consistent scoring threat to play with, and Yandle would greatly help on the PP and in the transition game. Both areas where we need work.

In theory I agree with you, I'd like a power forward. The problem is, there really aren't any for trade. If there were, then I'd prefer a power winger over Gaborik, but in the absence of one, we need a winger who can give us everyday production...and Justin Abdelkader that ain't.

Guest Johnz96

I agree, I don't like Bouwmeester. However, if you were suggesting that we couldn't use the two I mentioned I have to disagree. Gaborik would finally give Dats a consistent scoring threat to play with, and Yandle would greatly help on the PP and in the transition game. Both areas where we need work.

In theory I agree with you, I'd like a power forward. The problem is, there really aren't any for trade. If there were, then I'd prefer a power winger over Gaborik, but in the absence of one, we need a winger who can give us everyday production...and Justin Abdelkader that ain't.

Iginla is a power forward, a leader and on a quest for his first Cup. He IS exactly what we need to make us a top Cup contender.

Iginla is a power forward, a leader and on a quest for his first Cup. He IS exactly what we need to make us a top Cup contender.

I don't have a problem with Iginla as a player, he's clearly a beast. What I have a problem with is that it would take a ton to get him, and then we'd turn around and lose him again this summer. By all accounts he loves Calgary, his family loves Calgary, and it's going to remain his home. If we're going to give up a roster player, top prospect, and pick (which is the current asking price for Iginla) I'd rather we get a guy who will be around for more than a few months.

Edited by kipwinger

No were ok. No need to get another aging winger.... We have too many as is. Stay with Abby stay with Andersson, Helm is on the mend. If anything get a D-man who's hard on the puck and can skate....

Danny D would be an excellent fit, maybe Smid as well. You guys who want to give away the farm for Iginla just amaze me.

The only trade I see is one that involves Filpula. Kris VerSteeg is the name that's floating around right now. Goes to the net, decent defensively hard on pucks... It's what ya need.

Guest Crymson

You are nuts. Bouwmeester is overpaid. But the guy is solid defensively. He has huge range an great speed for his size. I really think he could be a great partner for kronwall. He can give kronwall a ton more freedom.

Boueestwr might not be a Norris candidate but he's an effective top pairing guy.

He's a second-pairing defenseman who comes with a ridiculous cap hit and will demand a large package.

Bouwmeester is not so much better than Quincey. He is not the player he was in Florida.

Feaster is demanding a 1st-round pick, a top prospect, and a secondary prospect.

No thanks.

Umm bouwmeester is most certainly a first pairing defenseman. And comparing him to Quincey makes me wonder how much you watch him.

Yes he's overpaid on his current contract. But look around the league he's a top 20 defenseman, he might not live up to the offensive potential, but he's a pretty damn good shut down guy.

I really don't understand why people think bouwmeester is awful, he was over hyped out of Florida, but he's still a great skater with great range.

Guest Crymson

Umm bouwmeester is most certainly a first pairing defenseman. And comparing him to Quincey makes me wonder how much you watch him.

Yes he's overpaid on his current contract. But look around the league he's a top 20 defenseman, he might not live up to the offensive potential, but he's a pretty damn good shut down guy.

I really don't understand why people think bouwmeester is awful, he was over hyped out of Florida, but he's still a great skater with great range.

His primary assets are his skating and durability. He does not give sufficient performance for his cost. His contract would eat up over 10% of our cap space next season.

Pass.

Edit: Bouwmeester had a -21 last season, good for #290 out of 297 defensemen. A "pretty damn good shut down down guy" would not have a -21 on a season. You can say that +/- doesn't matter, but when it comes to extremes, it most certainly does. And -21 is certainly an extreme. For the record, the next-worst notable defenseman was Phaneuf at -10.

Edited by Crymson

His primary assets are his skating and durability. He does not give sufficient performance for his cost. His contract would eat up over 10% of our cap space next season.

Pass.

Edit: Bouwmeester had a -21 last season, good for #290 out of 297 defensemen. A "pretty damn good shut down down guy" would not have a -21 on a season. You can say that +/- doesn't matter, but when it comes to extremes, it most certainly does. And -21 is certainly an extreme. For the record, the next-worst notable defenseman was Phaneuf at -10.

And his team was 3rd worst offensive club, and he played the most minutes.

Somebody better call up Mark Streit and let him know he sucks too. Bad team's #1 guy is going to have a bad +/-. It's not a new concept, Leetch was -36 one year, but he must have been terrible.

If he was as bad as you say, he wouldn't be playing 26 minutes a night, and would have received the Wade Redden treatment by now.

Edited by Carman

Guest Crymson

And his team was 3rd worst offensive club, and he played the most minutes.

-21 is -21.

Somebody better call up Mark Streit and let him know he sucks too. Bad team's #1 guy is going to have a bad +/-.

Mark Streit has always been poor defensively. Unlike Bouwmeester, he puts up good offensive numbers. And he is paid more than $2.5m less per season.

If he was as bad as you say, he wouldn't be playing 26 minutes a night, and would have received the Wade Redden treatment by now.

He's neither $6.8m nor the assets that would be required to attain him.

Edited by Crymson

The only trade I see is one that involves Filpula. Kris VerSteeg is the name that's floating around right now. Goes to the net, decent defensively hard on pucks... It's what ya need.

Versteeg had season-ending knee surgery two weeks ago.

Smid interests me a lot. Honestly, Yandle does, too, if the Coyotes decide they're out of it. All depends on the asking price, of course. Myself, I'd rather see the team spread trade chips around and maybe bring in a pair of defensemen and a winger as opposed to giving up a lot for 1 rental.