• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:31 PM

do you guys think its possible?? id hate to see the price it would cost us to do such a deal i dont even think wed have the cap space to do such a thing

im sure it would cost us someone like jurco i wouldnt wanna get rid of ... just having fun here so dont shoot me

iginla and bouwmeester for

a 1st and a 3rd round pick

nyquist and kindl

coliacovo (wed have to get rid of some salary to take them in)

jake patterson ( we got mrazek and the new goalie were suppose to sign)

landon ferraro

(even there this sounds like alot to give up)

we can then sign dekeyser and put him in the lineup , trade ian white to replace the 3rd round pick we threw in the deal and waive huskins

i personally think though we shouldnt make any crazy deals and maybe just go for someone like whitney from edmonton and get rid of some  guys

#2 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

I don't think that gets us Iginla and Jbo, and I wouldn't even want to give up that for them

I'm a Red Wing for the next three years and I'm going to make sure every team we play knows that.'' -- Jordin Tootoo

#3 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,551 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:40 PM

No and No!!!!!!

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#4 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,256 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

I think that we are set on defense in Holland's mind. It'd be nice to get someone but we've got a glut of competent young defensemen. Maybe no one amazing, but we will be solid in a year or two. Especially if we want Dekeyser, Holland's trade do us will ve a scoring forward to make us dangerous to play against.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#5 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:56 PM

dont u touch my prospects holland!

#6 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

Our defense would be worse with Bouwmesster

#7 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

Our defense would be worse with Bouwmesster

You are nuts. Bouwmeester is overpaid. But the guy is solid defensively. He has huge range an great speed for his size. I really think he could be a great partner for kronwall. He can give kronwall a ton more freedom.

Boueestwr might not be a Norris candidate but he's an effective top pairing guy.

#8 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

I've said this ever since before he left Florida, I'd like to see what Bouwmeester can do on this team in our system.  I think he would flourish.  I mean, let's face it, Florida and Calgary are not exactly the best places to play hockey.  Two non-playoff teams that get crushed by most teams on most nights, he really didn't have talent around him in either place.  I think his skill set would really work in Detroit.

#9 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

I've said this ever since before he left Florida, I'd like to see what Bouwmeester can do on this team in our system.  I think he would flourish.  I mean, let's face it, Florida and Calgary are not exactly the best places to play hockey.  Two non-playoff teams that get crushed by most teams on most nights, he really didn't have talent around him in either place.  I think his skill set would really work in Detroit.

Calgary was a playoff team before he showed up.
Florida finally made the playoffs after he left.

Edited by Johnz96, 25 March 2013 - 01:23 PM.

#10 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

I'd give up quality picks and prospects for Gaborik or Yandle, but definitely not for Bouwmeester and Iginla.  There's no way Holland is dumb enough to pay for these two...right? :confused:

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#11 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

I'd give up quality picks and prospects for Gaborik or Yandle, but definitely not for Bouwmeester and Iginla.  There's no way Holland is dumb enough to pay for these two...right? :confused:

We have enough finesse players we need some size, strength and grit. Even though Bouwmeester is big he doesn't use his size physically

#12 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,406 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

Wrong. Don't want Jerome. Next please
IPB Image

#13 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:20 PM

We have enough finesse players we need some size, strength and grit. Even though Bouwmeester is big he doesn't use his size physically

I agree, I don't like Bouwmeester.  However, if you were suggesting that we couldn't use the two I mentioned I have to disagree.  Gaborik would finally give Dats a consistent scoring threat to play with, and Yandle would greatly help on the PP and in the transition game.  Both areas where we need work. 

In theory I agree with you, I'd like a power forward.  The problem is, there really aren't any for trade.  If there were, then I'd prefer a power winger over Gaborik, but in the absence of one, we need a winger who can give us everyday production...and Justin Abdelkader that ain't. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#14 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

I agree, I don't like Bouwmeester.  However, if you were suggesting that we couldn't use the two I mentioned I have to disagree.  Gaborik would finally give Dats a consistent scoring threat to play with, and Yandle would greatly help on the PP and in the transition game.  Both areas where we need work. 

In theory I agree with you, I'd like a power forward.  The problem is, there really aren't any for trade.  If there were, then I'd prefer a power winger over Gaborik, but in the absence of one, we need a winger who can give us everyday production...and Justin Abdelkader that ain't. 

Iginla is a power forward, a leader and on a quest for his first Cup. He IS exactly what we need to make us a top Cup contender.

#15 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,338 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:51 PM

You are nuts. Bouwmeester is overpaid. But the guy is solid defensively. He has huge range an great speed for his size. I really think he could be a great partner for kronwall. He can give kronwall a ton more freedom.

Boueestwr might not be a Norris candidate but he's an effective top pairing guy.

Agreed.

If Holland were to make a move for a Flame - I'd rather it be for J-Bo.

Iginla is a power forward, a leader and on a quest for his first Cup. He IS exactly what we need to make us a top Cup contender.

I agree to a certain extent - however how much is Holland willing to give up for a rental?

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#16 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

I don't have a problem with Iginla as a player, he's clearly a beast.  What I have a problem with is that it would take a ton to get him, and then we'd turn around and lose him again this summer.  By all accounts he loves Calgary, his family loves Calgary, and it's going to remain his home.  If we're going to give up a roster player, top prospect, and pick (which is the current asking price for Iginla) I'd rather we get a guy who will be around for more than a few months. 

Edited by kipwinger, 25 March 2013 - 03:53 PM.

#17 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,048 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

Getting Jay Bouwmeester for a reasonable pricetag and adding Dan DeKeyser would be a succesful t radedeadline in my eyes  but like mentioned before, if prices don't reach a reasonable point rather stay pat.

lidsretire2.jpg

Thank you so much perfect human being #5

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

Phase I: injury rattled roster Phase II: BABCOCK Phase III: Playoffs XXIII !

#18 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

No were ok. No need to get another aging winger.... We have too many as is. Stay with Abby stay with Andersson, Helm is on the mend. If anything get a D-man who's hard on the puck and can skate....

Danny D would be an excellent fit, maybe Smid as well. You guys who want to give away the farm for Iginla just amaze me.

The only trade I see is one that involves Filpula. Kris VerSteeg is the name that's floating around right now. Goes to the net, decent defensively hard on pucks... It's what ya need.
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#19 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,934 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

the price for both of them would probably be fil smith and a 1st possibly more

imo fil smith > iginla and bouwmeester

for future anyway

Edited by brett, 25 March 2013 - 06:50 PM.

#20 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

Both guys at this point in their careers are overrated, so stick with the kids. Let another team risk their future for them. Going forward I'd like to have Smith, Kindl, Tatar, and Nyquist.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons