• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DatsyukianDekes

Semin re-signs with Carolina: 5 years, $35 million ($7M/yr)

Rate this topic

That term is scary.

But hey if he keeps it up he's worth it. But the issue never was his talent, it was his commitment the test is how he will look in a couple years if they are waddling in mediocrity, can he carry his team out of the dumps, because he's getting paid to be one of those players and leaders? Wish him luck though, he's got unbelievable talent and seems like a good fit in Carolina so far.

I haven't really watched Carolina this season but from what I've heard he's been big for them this year. Leading all forwards in minutes, playing well on the PP. 8 goals and 30 points in 30 games.

I think this year was the biggest risk, but getting him out of Washington seems to have done wonders. For whatever reason it sounds like that lockerroom turned on him. Funny how a lot of the things he was chastised for are now happening with other players on the Caps. *cough* AO *cough*

That term is scary.

But hey if he keeps it up he's worth it. But the issue never was his talent, it was his commitment the test is how he will look in a couple years if they are waddling in mediocrity, can he carry his team out of the dumps, because he's getting paid to be one of those players and leaders? Wish him luck though, he's got unbelievable talent and seems like a good fit in Carolina so far.

Risky in terms of numbers, but I think with the Staal brothers around, they may be a better influence on him than Ovie ever would have been (In terms of a captain)

Guest Crymson

He's playing for a contract this season. We'll see if he keeps up the effort. He didn't in Washington.

Guest irishock

Phew. Dodged a bullet.

He'll put up mid 50 points in a full 82 game sked. Franzen at 4 is a bargain imo.

Edited by irishock

Semin is a lazier floater than Franzen. I could not possibly be happier that he re-signed with Carolina.

That's a bad reputation that may or may not have had SOME truth to it at times in Washington, but ask any Carolina fan and they will say it's definitely not true this season. Actually he's been praised for his hard work, even defensively. And of course he's putting up points.

It's a lot of money but it could turn out to be worth it. Looks like Semin and Staal have really found eachother.

:lol:

And I thought Getzlaf and Perry got too much for having a history of questionable work ethics.

There's nothing questionable about Semin's work ethic; You know it's going to be part-time, consistantly inconsistant.

Yes. And with the canes giving semin that term and money it appears they are gonna place jussi jokinen on waiver. Anybody interested?

Really good call indeed.

Good for Semin thought he would have signed this contract last summer but he had to prove it.

If he can keep it up it's a good signing. If and only if as mentioned already in this thread.

It's never going to stop bothering me that owners spent the entire lockout whining about contract length and overpayment and then continue to sign everybody for as long as they can and as much as they can afford.