• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
evilmrt

Phil Kessel's sister can play, eh

Rate this topic

Surprised I haven't seen this around here, maybe it has to do with less ladies on LGW than in days past (a shame). Amanda Kessel, Phil Kessel's sister, finished her junior year at Minnesota with 46 goals and 55 assists:

Amanda Kessel scored twice, and the Gophers breezed by Boston University 6-3 on Sunday to finish the first perfect season in the 13-year history of NCAA women's hockey.

Mira Jalosuo, Hannah Brandt, Milica McMillen and Rachel Ramsey also scored for the Gophers (41-0), who won their second straight national championship - and fourth overall - and stretched their record winning streak to 49 games. Their last loss was to North Dakota on Feb. 17, 2012, more than 13 months ago.

Now they've made a convincing case as the best team ever in this young sport. Wisconsin went 36-1-4 in 2007 and 37-2-2 in 2011 to win national titles, but never has one school dominated from October through March quite like this Minnesota bunch.
Kessel, who won the Patty Kazmaier Memorial Award on Saturday as the top player in the country, added two assists.

I guess hockey is genetic sometimes lol.

Has anyone seen her play, and do they think she could play in the AHL? We've already had several women play in men's minor leagues in the past.

She's even played on boys teams in the past:

The sister of Toronto Maple Leafs star (and former Gopher) Phil Kessel topped 100 three times in high school at Shattuck-St. Mary's in Faribault, Minn. Before that, Kessel played on a boys bantam team in her hometown of Madison, Wis., that won state and regional championships.

I really thought this was about phil Kessel being a girl, I could hardley contain myself from giggling like a school girl myself while reading the title of this thread....Sounds like the girl have some real skills! How many games were in that season? Those look like helva good numbers!

Guest Crymson

I really thought this was about phil Kessel being a girl, I could hardley contain myself from giggling like a school girl myself while reading the title of this thread....Sounds like the girl have some real skills! How many games were in that season? Those look like helva good numbers!

Remember Ladybugs?

Guest Playmaker

I feel bad for her if she looks like her brother.

Even the best women's player couldn't be remotely competitive in the AHL or anything even close. A goalie might be able to not be humiliated, but a position player, no way.

Have you ever seen the women's hockey at the Olympics? It's so incredibly slow, it would be more exciting to watch the grass grow, and these are the best in the world.

It's not to say that the Kessel sister isn't talented at what she does, but men's and women's hockey aren't comparable. There's a big difference playing boys bantam hockey and professional hockey.

Guest RedWingsDad

I do not really find her all that attractive... maybe that's just me

It is just you I think.

I watched women's hockey once. They were really slow and fell down a lot. That was in the Olympics maybe? Or some other tournament. 101 points in 41 games is....sheesh. Does that speak well of her or poorly of her competition?