• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

An out of the box target/thought.

Rate this topic

we have a pretty good group of young, mobile, big dmen. the only problem with the group is, they are all LHed. Yes we have a couple of prospects on D that are RHed but they are all 1+ years away. if we are going to add to the D, it should be for a RHed shooter. This brings to mind a big young RHed shooting Dmen that has become the whipping boy for his team: Erik Johnson. he is only 24/25 is big 6-4/230, RHed, signed for a few more years, and the Avs have some money/cap issues. He was very good with the Blues but has struggled with the Avs. they put far to much pressure on him at to young of an age. The Avs wanted him to be THE MAN on their blueline and he wasn't ready. with us, that wouldn't be the case. he would be 1 of 6 good Dmen and fill a major hole for us at the same time. he is a RHed Kindl. With Kronwall, Ericsson, Smith, lashoff, and DD (wink wink), Kindl is redundent. yes he is playing great and has come a long way. But to get one has to give. Kindl is also cheaper cap wise. Kindl + tatar + a 2014 pick may very well be enough to at least make the Avs think about it.

No there are 0 rumors about the Avs wanting or thinking about moving EJ. There is a lot written about him "under performing" though. I know never happen. but in the wonderfull game of "what if", it is worth a thought/phone call if I was Holland.

Guest Crymson

Johnson is by no means a whipping boy. He missed some games to injury and is having a tough offensive season on one of the worst teams in the league. There are no indications that he is available.

E Johnson isn't really available judging from Aves fans on HF. I'd look at T.Myers who is at an all time low value. I'd also be interested in Rundblad on a cheaper level.

The Sabres organization is still high on Myers. He would cost a lot, and he's not exactly worth his cap hit at this time.

E Johnson isn't really available judging from Aves fans on HF. I'd look at T.Myers who is at an all time low value. I'd also be interested in Rundblad on a cheaper level.

The problem with myers is his height. For whatever the reasons, guys that big seem to take forever to develop. he is a long way from becoming what his talent says he should be.

The problem with myers is his height. For whatever the reasons, guys that big seem to take forever to develop. he is a long way from becoming what his talent says he should be.

Ummm no his height is a good thing. he just needs to learn to use it better. Ya, he'd be expensive but not as expensive as a current top pairing guy. He is young and can learn. We would pay for potential but it would be less expensive than EJ.

No way on EJ.

He isn't a complete failure, but he is NOT any kind of stud Dman.

He has had several years now, and hasn't had a single season that wasn't disappointing. He's the "star" dman on the worst team in the league, and that says something too.

The fact that the Avs would never deal with us, that if they did they'd ask for a king's ransom, and that EJ just isn't all that good....

No thanks.

Guest RedWingsDad

No way on EJ.

He isn't a complete failure, but he is NOT any kind of stud Dman.

He has had several years now, and hasn't had a single season that wasn't disappointing. He's the "star" dman on the worst team in the league, and that says something too.

The fact that the Avs would never deal with us, that if they did they'd ask for a king's ransom, and that EJ just isn't all that good....

No thanks.

We are leaving their conference next year, I think they would make a deal with us.

We are leaving their conference next year, I think they would make a deal with us.

I wouldn't be so sure. I think it's just principle at this point. Remember Holland going through Tampa Bay to land Quincey last year.

I realize it's a most minor point of your OP, but I have to comment on it: I really would not want to trade Tatar. Inspired Play is what we've been lacking this year and he has had it even when the team as a whole has not.