• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,298 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

Not really a surprise, but for those feeling like the Wings have had terrible injury problems this year, it's not unfounded.

Florida is 2nd, then Ottawa.

I figured the Wings would be near the top but not actually in first. 

Here's the full list. 

http://www.theglobea...rticle10447942/

#2 BleedRed&White25

BleedRed&White25

Salty Dog

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:16 PM

Wasn't the only game this season where we had every single one of our starters playing the first game?... Unless someone else was hurt because I remember jan was playing in that game

Hostile to the past, impatient of the present, and cheated of the future.

#3 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:17 PM

Yep. It has been this way all  season. Pretty ridiculous IMO.

#4 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:20 PM

Speaks volumes on our prospects, character of our team, and most importantly our coaching staff. I tip my hat off to the crew for making something out of this team. At the beginning of the season, people thought this was the year we would finally feel the transition stages. From the injuries we've endured and losing Lidstrom, Rafi, and Stuart on the backend.. wow... can't even complain about this team.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#5 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,142 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

YES!! first in something!!! take that naysayers :P And we have a 23mgl advantage on second place, lol

#6 wingsdiehard13

wingsdiehard13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

Wasn't the only game this season where we had every single one of our starters playing the first game?... Unless someone else was hurt because I remember jan was playing in that game

Helm didn't play. Nor did Eaves (concussion) and Kindl (groin). Possibly a few others.

**Thanks Offsides**
**Thanks TeeMan**

#7 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,142 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

Helm didn't play. Nor did Eaves (concussion) and Kindl (groin). Possibly a few others.

bertuzzi was too

#8 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

I'm not surprised at all, and we've still managed to succeed as a team this season and make a push for the playoffs. Pretty huge plus imo.. we might even get a few guys back fresh for the playoffs, an advantage a lot of teams won't have.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#9 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

Speaks volumes on our prospects, character of our team, and most importantly our coaching staff. I tip my hat off to the crew for making something out of this team. At the beginning of the season, people thought this was the year we would finally feel the transition stages. From the injuries we've endured and losing Lidstrom, Rafi, and Stuart on the backend.. wow... can't even complain about this team.

Very well said!

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#10 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,064 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

I hope the team doctors have committed harakiri already, because of this great dishonor.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#11 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

I think Management deserves some credit as well, even though several of our offseason acquisitions have been injured. If we didn't have them and those injuries happened to some of the rookies or even worse some of our stars we'd have next to nothing in Grand Rapids left to call up.

Seasons like this are a great example of why you can never have too much depth. I'd rather have the problem of a cluttered roster and being forced to potentially waive someone than I would a situation where we have injuries and there isn't anyone in our system capable of filling in. 

#12 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

Apparently San Jose has had ZERO injuries all season.

Guess that's how soft their team is.

Edited by Nevermind, 27 March 2013 - 07:34 PM.

#13 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

N/A doesn't mean 0.

It means they didn't report their # of man games lost. Burns was definitely hurt for a while so 0 is impossible

#14 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,199 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

I'm not surprised at all, and we've still managed to succeed as a team this season and make a push for the playoffs. Pretty huge plus imo.. we might even get a few guys back fresh for the playoffs, an advantage a lot of teams won't have.

Agreed.

I kinda wonder if we're better injured, though.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#15 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

You have to take into account the players lost to injury. Helm is an impact player, but Ottawa have lost their top forward and defenseman.

#16 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:21 AM

You have to take into account the players lost to injury. Helm is an impact player, but Ottawa have lost their top forward and defenseman.

And their #1 Goalie, Anderson has been out for a while now. 

#17 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

If you told me we'd be 5th with a healthy team I would have been ecstatic.  To do this with all our injuries is definately an over-achievement IMO.  OK it helps that Pav and Hank and James T Howard have been on fire, but Lashoff, Tatar and Andersson have all come in and exceeded expectations.  Kindl and Ericsson have taken quantum leaps forward.

We're not quite in a post-2002 Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Kronwall coming through type situation yet, but like those guys, sometimes all you need is an opportunity

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#18 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

Hope everyone got a quick look because:

404 Error    PAGE NOT FOUND
Whatever it is you were looking for has been moved or never existed!

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#19 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

In a sense the injuries may be why the boys are doing so good.  The youth kept the Wings going full steam and the unknown for other teams, the can't make a game plan or line up match against what they don't know.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#20 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,639 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

Agreed.

I kinda wonder if we're better injured, though.

I think that as well. Besides Helm, there's nobody injured right now that I am itching to have back. Bertuzzi would be OK for size and creating space, but he's still very streaky and ideally shouldn't be playing with Pavel Datsyuk.

Quincey will be nice to push White out of the lineup again. Samuelsson and Colaiacovo I never wanted for starters and don't care if either comes back.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."