• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/28 GDT : Red Wings 0 at Sharks 2

Rate this topic

God that first line is going to be rough to play against.... absolutely no space with Burns and Thornton together on a line. They have been doing better of recent so no better time to remind them to stay down there! Good job HT as always!

Guest irishock

Haven't been able to say this in over 3 years, but the Wings are the better team in San Jose.

Sorry, Wings. You had a good couple of wins, but you can't take the night off again. These games coming up are absolutely must-win if you want to establish yourself in 4th or 5th place going into the playoffs. You can't beat the crappy teams, but you've got to beat the other middling teams.

Guest DeGraa55

If we beat the sharks this away trip will def. be one of the best highlights of the season. After the way we started. And how bad our pp was on road...this would be huge.

Current Streaks

Regular-Season Streaks

Overall: 3-game winning streak

Away: 5-game winning streak (1 overtime)

Historical Regular-Season Streaks v. San Jose

Overall: 1-game winning streak (shootout)

Away: 1-game winning streak (shootout)

Last Ten Games – Current Regular-Season

Overall: 6W-3L-0OTL-1SOL

Away: 6W-3L-1OTL

Last Ten Games – Current Regular-Season v. San Jose

Overall: 3W-5L-1OTL-1SOL

Away: 5W-4L-1OTL

Home Games / Away Games

This is the final of four Away games

Detroit v. San Jose

All-time, Overall v. San Jose
80G: 51W-23L-4T-0RT-1OTL-1SOL
All-time, Away v. San Jose
41G: 21W-16L-3T-0RT-1OTL
Season Record v. San Jose
This is the second of three games v. San Jose this season, with the club's record in the previous game:
1W
This is the last of two Away games v. San Jose this season, with the Club's record in the previous game:
1W

Record on this Day

March 28

This is the 25th regular-season game played on this day, with the Club’s record in the previous 24 games:

12W-8L-2T-2OTL

This is the 1st game played v. San Jose on this day

LGW.

God that first line is going to be rough to play against.... absolutely no space with Burns and Thornton together on a line. They have been doing better of recent so no better time to remind them to stay down there! Good job HT as always!

Did I miss something? I though Brent Burns was a Dman? Or did he do the reverse Byfuglien and move up to forward?

I'd like to see a huge win by the Wings to send a message that they are in fact still a beast and 10+ steals by Datsyuk, all on Joe Thornton.

I have a bad feeling about this game after 3 solid wins it seems like the Wings are due for a stinker (judging by this seasons patterns) I hope I'm wrong.

This is one of the only times I like a later start time because it means I can watch the Griffs game to see Iron Hook play his first game in NA and still have time to watch the wings. :lol:

IIRC He was drafted as a forward and then converted to D, and recently they've put him back at forward.

Yes! I'm glad it's a late game because I'll be at said Griffins game and I don't go to AHL games on nights with Wings' games, because the score is unavoidable there. Excited to see Mraz and Jarnkrok. Last time Griffins were here, it was Mrazek's first game with them, but he didn't play, and McCollum sucked it up as usual. I kind of want to make a Tinky Winky sign too, but I'm gonna let that go by the wayside for Riley's sake.

Yes! I'm glad it's a late game because I'll be at said Griffins game and I don't go to AHL games on nights with Wings' games, because the score is unavoidable there. Excited to see Mraz and Jarnkrok. Last time Griffins were here, it was Mrazek's first game with them, but he didn't play, and McCollum sucked it up as usual. I kind of want to make a Tinky Winky sign too, but I'm gonna let that go by the wayside for Riley's sake.

Starting to really think McCollum's time is fading fast.

Did I miss something? I though Brent Burns was a Dman? Or did he do the reverse Byfuglien and move up to forward?

I'd like to see a huge win by the Wings to send a message that they are in fact still a beast and 10+ steals by Datsyuk, all on Joe Thornton.

I have a bad feeling about this game after 3 solid wins it seems like the Wings are due for a stinker (judging by this seasons patterns) I hope I'm wrong.

This is one of the only times I like a later start time because it means I can watch the Griffs game to see Iron Hook play his first game in NA and still have time to watch the wings. :lol:

IIRC He was drafted as a forward and then converted to D, and recently they've put him back at forward.

Yep, you're correct. He originally was drafted as a forward but had more value when moved to defense because of how well he played. They kept him on the back-end and he just became a "defensemen." Right now his role reminds me of the old "rovers" back in the day.

I have seen most of you post this before when referring to Jarnkrok, how did he get the nickname Iron Hook?

I assume it’s the annunciation of his name but not sure.

Edited by redwingmachine

I'll bet you had a bad feeling about the 1st Aneheim game, then the 2nd and of course the game in Phoenix. Even a broken clock is right twice a day... LOL

Wings 4-1

Starting to really think McCollum's time is fading fast.

At the beginning of the season I felt that there still was an outside chance pending how the year went for McCollum. But as soon as Mrazek started to emerge in the AHL you had to figure McCollum was in trouble. Then the fact the Wings couldn't even let him see a minute of NHL time, this kid is done in DET.

I think he'll get an AHL deal with someone who is willing to see if he can regain his form and work his way in but I just dont see how that will be with DET.