• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/28 GDT : Red Wings 0 at Sharks 2

Rate this topic

From what I remember they sent him down there so someone wouldn't claim him on waivers, thats what i heard. If thats true, I wonder how long it would be until we can safely call him back up, I think he's a great talent.

What do you mean waivers? Is he not waiver exempt? Also I wonder when we get to the playoffs and the max roster rule is gone if we will see a very different lineup then we are today.

What do you mean waivers? Is he not waiver exempt? Also I wonder when we get to the playoffs and the max roster rule is gone if we will see a very different lineup then we are today.

Like i said, that's what I could have sworn I heard before in a pre-game show of red wings live. I honestly have mo idea if he's exempt or not, personally I have no clue why'd he'd be someone that another team could just ******, so maybe I'm crazy XD Think about it though, why would we send him down to the minors? He had a great debut, strong presence, disciplined, heads up hockey, playmaker... Its a waste leaving him in the minors, s I assume my crazy idea that he was sent down so he wouldn't be claimed is at least plausible.

I prefer Tatar over Nyquist as well. But really why cant they both be up. There both good enough to be here and better then a lot of the dead weight over the hill grind guys that we are carrying ATM.

Definitely agree with you. I just don't see the Red Wings playing both at the expense of the players you mentioned. Nyquist is getting wasted on the 4th line too. He probably needs more time to develop, but a small skill player on a line with Emmerton and Tootoo seems like a waste to me. Especially, as you mentioned, the top-six certainly could use a boost from other options. Tatar didn't fare much better with 3rd line treatment mostly, but he still managed to produce offensively.

The Red Wings have to explore something different on the two top lines. If there was confidence Filppula could carry his own line offensively, then that allows you to at least consider putting Pavel and Z together. Right now neither is getting any support from their wingers consistently. Samuelsson coming back isn't the answer either. Holland either has to make a move for a goal-scoring winger or give Tatar and Nyquist an opportunity there soon.

Guest Crymson

I called the loss... I just didn't think they had it in them to keep up the consistency. Hopefully they can get back in the W column these next two games at home.

Exactly what is the point of all these "I was right!" posts we've had lately? Do you also make a post every time you were wrong?

Guest irishock

2itq6jb.jpgb6vlfq.jpg

Multiple angles.

Uniform Code of Military Justice [uSC Title 10, Subtitle A, Chapter 47X, Section 920, Article 120] defines rape as:

“ (a) Rape.— Any person subject to this chapter who commits a sexual act upon another person by—

(1) using unlawful force against that other person;

(2) using force causing or likely to cause death or grievous bodily harm to any person;

(3) threatening or placing that other person in fear that any person will be subjected to death, grievous bodily harm, or kidnapping;

(4) first rendering that other person unconscious; or

(5) administering to that other person by force or threat of force, or without the knowledge or consent of that person, a drug, intoxicant, or other similar substance and thereby substantially impairing the ability of that other person to appraise or control conduct;

is guilty of rape and shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.[52]

Edited by irishock

Completely outplayed by a Shark team that played last night. It was too much to ask for them to sweep the road trip, wasnt it :(

We shouldn't be greedy :P 3-1-0 is a great return on a tough road trip, I'll give the team a mulligan on this one.

im going to go ahead and blame Z for the offensive troubles. this guy was the top in the league in pts at one point this season. then he stopped producing now we have problems.

i didnt watch the game just fast forwarded but someone said franzen got hurt?

when is smith going to show his offensive side? i thought he was a offensive defensemen but he hasnt done s***, just looks like the weak link out there every night with turnovers and weak outlet passes

Bad game, but it's the end of a road trip and it was a successful one outside of this game.

Can't win every game.

I am concerned about our offense though, we are 19th in the league, and with Franzen going down it's not looking good on that front.

Smith/Lashoff pairing is pretty brutal. They have a hard time getting out of the zone, and are prone to giving up chances.

Just going to throw this out there, seeing Brent Burns play offense, what are the chances we could see Brendan Smith play forward? I know I'd want him to be a defenseman, but man he's got good size, speed, he's gritty and has decent puck skills. If we need more size in that top 6, I think it may be an interesting notion. I really doubt it will ever happen, just something I'm thinking about. Smith just hasn't looked comfortable back there all season long, and having him play a wing might help him deal with some pressure. Then again it's probably a terrible idea to change the position of a young kid, but Smith has the talent, he's just not able to think the game at a good enough defensive level for my liking right now.

I watched on DVR after the Griffins game....the only good thing about last night was Datsyuk putting Couture on his ass, without touching him. I knew there would be a GIF by morning.

LOL....WTF is going on in front of the net in that GIF? Good stuff.

Edited by rrasco

@Logancouture: Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner..http://t.co/A4CfxDP3Tl

I'm dying of laughter right now. Couture's gonna be able to tell his kids how he got his legs taken by the magic man...

At least he can have a sense of humour about it lol. Not too many people get deked so bad that they fall over themselves

Edited for grammar

Edited by Euro_Twins