• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/28 GDT : Red Wings 0 at Sharks 2

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Ninety goals scored in the first thirty-four games is still their lowest in a season by Detroit in the modern Conference era of the League.

Nineteen of the games came with fewer than three goals being scored.

Single five-goal outburst games won't do it.

Do you think griping about it is going to change anything? The Wings have had an abominable amount of injuries this season, and they just lost the best offensive defenseman of the modern era.

Do you think griping about it is going to change anything? The Wings have had an abominable amount of injuries this season, and they just lost the best offensive defenseman of the modern era.

Do you think griping about griping is going to change anything ?

Everyone stay on topic and stop complaining at the person making the post, analyzing their level of fandom, telling them whether they're complaining too much or not.

There's been too much of all of it here lately and I'm getting an itchy suspension finger.

I don't think that was griping at all -- just stating a statistic and the reality of the situation really.

The Red Wings have trouble scoring goals. While I agree the injuries have played their role, it's quite obvious that this team has needed a goal-scoring winger for many years. Samuelsson and Bertuzzi coming back doesn't change anything. Really since Hossa left, the Red Wings top-six has become stagnant and aging. The only solutions have been stopgap veterans that shouldn't be in that role.

I guess we should all just smile and pretend it isn't an issue instead.

Exactly, for all of our injuries, except for '10 and '11, they haven't been to crucial guys. Thus, them returning will only force less competent players down into their proper roles, not necessarily make us a scoring threat suddenly. But they will make us slightly stronger, so that's a plus.