#241 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:33 AM

datsyuk_couture.gif

I can watch this all night long.

"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#242 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,934 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:34 AM

im going to go ahead and blame Z for the offensive troubles. this guy was the top in the league in pts at one point this season. then he stopped producing now we have problems.

i didnt watch the game just fast forwarded but someone said franzen got hurt?

when is smith going to show his offensive side? i thought he was a offensive defensemen but he hasnt done s***, just looks like the weak link out there every night with turnovers and weak outlet passes

#243 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:08 AM

Bad game, but it's the end of a road trip and it was a successful one outside of this game.

Can't win every game.

I am concerned about our offense though, we are 19th in the league, and with Franzen going down it's not looking good on that front.

Smith/Lashoff pairing is pretty brutal. They have a hard time getting out of the zone, and are prone to giving up chances.

Just going to throw this out there, seeing Brent Burns play offense, what are the chances we could see Brendan Smith play forward? I know I'd want him to be a defenseman, but man he's got good size, speed, he's gritty and has decent puck skills. If we need more size in that top 6, I think it may be an interesting notion. I really doubt it will ever happen, just something I'm thinking about. Smith just hasn't looked comfortable back there all season long, and having him play a wing might help him deal with some pressure. Then again it's probably a terrible idea to change the position of a young kid, but Smith has the talent, he's just not able to think the game at a good enough defensive level for my liking right now.

#244 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:30 AM

Well, looks like the Wings need a forward more than ever. I hope Kenny gas something up his sleeve.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#245 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:32 AM

Not pissed about it, because I expected it long roadtrip and late night away game so whatever, but still a very succesful roadtrip with some much needed points.

lidsretire2.jpg

Thank you so much perfect human being #5

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

Phase I: injury rattled roster Phase II: BABCOCK Phase III: Playoffs XXIII !

#246 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:53 AM

3 goals and 4 assists in 7 games since he went back down.

esteef

:shout:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#247 hardcoretom21

hardcoretom21

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:17 AM

How did Franzen get hurt?
Only breathing is more important than winning

"For most of a decade, the Wings were the most popular team not just because they won, but also because they won with flair, with speedy Russians and legendary leaders and the occasional willing fighter"

#248 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

I watched on DVR after the Griffins game....the only good thing about last night was Datsyuk putting Couture on his ass, without touching him.  I knew there would be a GIF by morning.

LOL....WTF is going on in front of the net in that GIF?  Good stuff.

Edited by rrasco, 29 March 2013 - 09:19 AM.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling, $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, Glendening, Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: Glendening.  MOTB TOTAL: $0

#249 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:24 AM

LOL....WTF is going on in front of the net in that GIF?  Good stuff.

Looks like it deserves a XXX rating.  :eh:  :nono:

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#250 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,581 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:18 AM

@Logancouture: Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner..http://t.co/A4CfxDP3Tl

I'm dying of laughter right now. Couture's gonna be able to tell his kids how he got his legs taken by the magic man...

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#251 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,354 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

@Logancouture: Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner..http://t.co/A4CfxDP3Tl

I'm dying of laughter right now. Couture's gonna be able to tell his kids how he got his legs taken by the magic man...

At least he can have a sense of humour about it lol. Not too many people get deked so bad that they fall over themselves

Edited for grammar

Edited by Euro_Twins, 29 March 2013 - 11:36 AM.

I'm a Red Wing for the next three years and I'm going to make sure every team we play knows that.'' -- Jordin Tootoo

#252 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

Ninety goals scored in the first thirty-four games is still their lowest in a season by Detroit in the modern Conference era of the League.

Nineteen of the games came with fewer than three goals being scored.

Single five-goal outburst games won't do it.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#253 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:35 PM

Ninety goals scored in the first thirty-four games is still their lowest in a season by Detroit in the modern Conference era of the League.

Nineteen of the games came with fewer than three goals being scored.

Single five-goal outburst games won't do it.

Do you think griping about it is going to change anything? The Wings have had an abominable amount of injuries this season, and they just lost the best offensive defenseman of the modern era.

#254 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

Do you think griping about it is going to change anything? The Wings have had an abominable amount of injuries this season, and they just lost the best offensive defenseman of the modern era.

Tatar.

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#255 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,550 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

Do you think griping about griping is going to change anything ?

Everyone stay on topic and stop complaining at the person making the post, analyzing their level of fandom, telling them whether they're complaining too much or not. 

There's been too much of all of it here lately and I'm getting an itchy suspension finger.

#256 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,980 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

I don't think that was griping at all -- just stating a statistic and the reality of the situation really.

The Red Wings have trouble scoring goals. While I agree the injuries have played their role, it's quite obvious that this team has needed a goal-scoring winger for many years. Samuelsson and Bertuzzi coming back doesn't change anything. Really since Hossa left, the Red Wings top-six has become stagnant and aging. The only solutions have been stopgap veterans that shouldn't be in that role.

I guess we should all just smile and pretend it isn't an issue instead.

#257 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

Exactly, for all of our injuries, except for '10 and '11, they haven't been to crucial guys.  Thus, them returning will only force less competent players down into their proper roles, not necessarily make us a scoring threat suddenly.  But they will make us slightly stronger, so that's a plus.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#258 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

good trip non the less 6 out of a possibe 8 points is not bad im very proud of this west coast trip and hope we can beat chi because next momth is going to be roiugh

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie: