• Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

#21 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,601 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:53 AM

Yes!  I'm glad it's a late game because I'll be at said Griffins game and I don't go to AHL games on nights with Wings' games, because the score is unavoidable there.  Excited to see Mraz and Jarnkrok.  Last time Griffins were here, it was Mrazek's first game with them, but he didn't play, and McCollum sucked it up as usual.  I kind of want to make a Tinky Winky sign too, but I'm gonna let that go by the wayside for Riley's sake.

Starting to really think McCollum's time is fading fast. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#22 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:57 AM

Did I miss something?  I though Brent Burns was a Dman?  Or did he do the reverse Byfuglien and move up to forward?

I'd like to see a huge win by the Wings to send a message that they are in fact still a beast and 10+ steals by Datsyuk, all on Joe Thornton.

I have a bad feeling about this game after 3 solid wins it seems like the Wings are due for a stinker (judging by this seasons patterns) I hope I'm wrong.

This is one of the only times I like a later start time because it means I can watch the Griffs game to see Iron Hook play his first game in NA and still have time to watch the wings. :lol:

IIRC He was drafted as a forward and then converted to D, and recently they've put him back at forward.

Yep, you're correct. He originally was drafted as a forward but had more value when moved to defense because of how well he played. They kept him on the back-end and he just became a "defensemen." Right now his role reminds me of the old "rovers" back in the day.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#23 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,601 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

niemi_antti_shootout_sharks.jpg

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#24 redwingmachine

redwingmachine

3rd Line Checker

• Gold Booster
  • 379 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

I have a bad feeling about this game after 3 solid wins it seems like the Wings are due for a stinker (judging by this seasons patterns) I hope I'm wrong.

This is one of the only times I like a later start time because it means I can watch the Griffs game to see Iron Hook play his first game in NA and still have time to watch the wings. :lol:

IIRC He was drafted as a forward and then converted to D, and recently they've put him back at forward.

I have seen most of you post this before when referring to Jarnkrok,  how did he get the nickname Iron Hook?

I assume it’s the annunciation of his name but not sure.

Edited by redwingmachine, 28 March 2013 - 11:25 AM.

#25 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:29 AM

I'll bet you had a bad feeling about the 1st Aneheim game, then the 2nd and of course the game in Phoenix.  Even a broken clock is right twice a day...  LOL

Wings 4-1

Do or do not. There is no try

#26 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

Starting to really think McCollum's time is fading fast. 

At the beginning of the season I felt that there still was an outside chance pending how the year went for McCollum.  But as soon as Mrazek started to emerge in the AHL you had to figure McCollum was in trouble.  Then the fact the Wings couldn't even let him see a minute of NHL time, this kid is done in DET. 

I think he'll get an AHL deal with someone who is willing to see if he can regain his form and work his way in but I just dont see how that will be with DET.

Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#27 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

I would be surprised if the Wings win this one. They could but I think they are due for a let down and I'm still not convinced this team is playing consistently well yet. No prediction today but I don't think we will win. Hopefully Jimmy keeps his wall up and they prove me wrong.

#28 paulb1320

paulb1320

Prospect

• 42 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

I have seen most of you post this before when referring to Jarnkrok,  how did he get the nickname Iron Hook?

I assume it’s the annunciation of his name but not sure.

Ironhook is his name in english, Jarnkrok translates to Ironhook. That's pretty badass if you ask me, I'm just hoping he becomes captain someday and we can call him captain hook :)

#29 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,004 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

Yep, you're correct. He originally was drafted as a forward but had more value when moved to defense because of how well he played. They kept him on the back-end and he just became a "defensemen." Right now his role reminds me of the old "rovers" back in the day.

He was injured earlier this year and when he came back they put him back on a forward line.

Edited by rrasco, 28 March 2013 - 12:09 PM.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#30 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

Tonight's Officials    

Referees 28 - Chris Lee; 38 - Francois St. Laurent  Linesmen 80 - Thor Nelson; 82 - Mark Shewchyk

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#31 redwingmachine

redwingmachine

3rd Line Checker

• Gold Booster
  • 379 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:52 PM

Ironhook is his name in english, Jarnkrok translates to Ironhook. That's pretty badass if you ask me, I'm just hoping he becomes captain someday and we can call him captain hook :)

That is pretty badass!  Thanks!

#32 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

According to Khan... The only change is Tootoo in for Eaves

#33 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,093 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

If Brunner is gonna be in the bottom 6 they should at least pair him with 14, at least then he will have a set up guy

#34 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

IF the Wings can play all 60 min they should get the win. Can't afford to take any periods off in this one. Sharks played last night so a strong game will matter. 5-3 for............Wings

#35 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

I would be surprised if the Wings win this one. They could but I think they are due for a let down and I'm still not convinced this team is playing consistently well yet. No prediction today but I don't think we will win. Hopefully Jimmy keeps his wall up and they prove me wrong.

Me thinks that was your prediction :D

#36 Cloune

Cloune

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

win please :)

Edited by Cloune, 28 March 2013 - 05:47 PM.

#37 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,959 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

Would really like this to be a perfect road trip. Seriously. LGW!

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#38 NornIronWings

NornIronWings

Draftee

• 11 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

Our penalty kill is pish and has let us down on many occasions this season. I cant see us getting much in the form of powerplay either, which is also brutal on the road. 6 points out of 6 on this series of away games is probably more than we expected but 8 would be even better. 

#39 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,217 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

Let's Go for FOUR!!!

GO WINGS!!

#40 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster