• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DetroitRedWings1993

Iginla to Boston is a done deal

Rate this topic

Jarome Iginla's been dealt to the Bruins. Details coming in the morning.

I like this. Keeps him out of L.A. and Chicago and makes sure we won't have to deal with him. This makes things easier on us. With their current rosters, we've proven we can hang with both the Kings and Blackhawks. Things would've changed if either had gotten Iginla.

Good for Iginla having a shot at a Cup and good for us that we don't have to see him anymore.

Shero to the NHL is what Holland used to be to the NHL. Those days are looooooong gone.

^ This. So much truth.

Yeh, I actually saw the change, just forgot to update my post. It was a really awkward situation last night. Everyone and their grandma was reporting a done deal to Boston. All the Bruins fans were celebrating.

Then it all changed.

Watching the Ray Shero press conference, he stated himself that even HE thought Boston was going to get Iginla last night. He said he even told his crew that he thought they had lost out on Iginla. Then the events started turning.

Shero to the NHL is what Holland used to be to the NHL. Those days are looooooong gone.

Holland operated that way before the salary cap. Now he manages it far better than Shero just did by going all in for a cup this year at the expense of the teams future.

Just wait and watch what happens to that roster over the next 3 years. They will lose more and more players due to cap constraints and won't have enough high level prospects to fill the void because they've dealt them or the draft picks they'd use to get new ones.

Holland could definitely be more active than he is, but making lots of moves doesn't necessarly mean they were all good ones.