• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Johnz96

Iginla Traded to Pittsburgh

Rate this topic

Pittsburgh still hasn't addressed their biggest problem and they've just sold a lot of their future in the hopes that they can win a cup.

It wasn't a lack of scoring that saw them ousted by Philadelphia last year it was defence and goaltending.

They are going to be in a world of trouble trying to retain all these guys. They have 10.6 million to try and re-sign these guys plus one player to fill out the roster.

Iginla - 7 Million

Morrow - 4.1 Million

Murray - 2,5 million

Kennedy - 2 million

Cooke - 1.8 million

Dupuis - 1.5 Million

They better win this year because even after they navigate that mess they have to re-sign Malkin, Letang, Orpik and Kunitz the year after.

Guest irishock

As long as they have Crosby they will always be Stanley cup contenders. That's what you get hen you have the best forward since Gretzky.

Which is why they didn't need to go all in for the cup and lose your prospects. They were the favorites to win the cup even before the trades.

So. How hard is Gary Bettman right now?

07gary-blog480.jpg

"It's this hard."

Edited by irishock

All I want in life is for the Penguins (and Vancouver while I'm making wishes) to lose in the first round and then for Detroit to just sweep everyone and meet Boston (my favorite eastern team and fave team to play) to meet in the finals and Detroit to win. Am I asking too much?

Seriously though, I really hope the Penguins get swept in the first despite all the moves they've made.

This is surprising. I didn't expect Wings to get him, but I didn't expect Pens too either. Wonder if the so-called list was smaller than suggested, or shrunk over the last few days as the Pens added more pieces.

This is surprising. I didn't expect Wings to get him, but I didn't expect Pens too either. Wonder if the so-called list was smaller than suggested, or shrunk over the last few days as the Pens added more pieces.

Is it possible those pieces - Morrow and Murray (two physical guys) - were added just to entice Iginla?

Guest DeGraa55

next they're gonna land DeKeyser....

Don't even say it!!!!

Lol seriously though....no

I literally laughed out loud when I saw this. I thought it was a done deal to Boston, and had been joking about the Penguins pissing everyone off by grabbing Iginla too. Didn't think it was possible. Totally shocked.

But they really have to win it all this year. They've pushed in all their chips for this year's run. Suddenly the Thursday night game is must-see-TV for me; I'm really curious to see what Iginla looks like on a line with Crosby.

The Hossa trade included Dupuis, and they also added Hal Gill. That was all for that season.

If I'm remembering right, the Penguins have parted with their 2013 1st, 2nd, and 5th round draft picks, and their 2014 2nd round draft pick. However, they did pick up Dallas' 2013 3rd round pick. That honestly doesn't even look that bad to me.