• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Johnz96

Iginla Traded to Pittsburgh

Rate this topic

I just hope this pushes Holland to make some bold moves.

Why make moves when we got MOTHER F'N SAMUELSSON coming back?

Also, Helm is our trade deadline acquisition!

We like our team.

We kick tires.

Overrrrrrripe

They have to pay Malkin a crap load of money after this season as well.

And Letang.

And Dupuis.

And Murray.

In all likelyhood he'll be a rental. I could have cheered for Iginla to come out of the east with Boston and go for the Cup, but Pittsburgh...not a ******* chance I will cheer for him to even get a point from here on I hate the Pens that much. The only teams I didn't want Iginla to go to really were the Pens, Canucks and Sharks. There's no way in hell they can afford to keep him unless he plays for peanuts next year. I'm not even sure how they can afford him now. He makes 7 or something like that, Crosby and Malkin both at 8.7, Morrow makes 4 ish I believe, Letang and Fleury make good bank... I'm going to capgeek to figure out how they're making this work even under the 70.2 cap, let alone how they're gonna keep most of their players when it goes down to 64 mil next year. Ruined my morning finding this BS out.

OK, let's say that the Wings had given up their 2013 1st, 2nd, and 5th, 2014th 2nd, and three of Jarnkrok, Pulkkinen, Sproul, Ouellet, Tatar, and Sheahan for three players whom we could not possibly re-sign---one of whom was a third-pairing defenseman, another who was a beat-up power forward, and a third who was almost certain to return to his hometown anyway.

No thanks. This is a team in the process of rebuilding on the fly.

I have to agree with this.

For this team as it is, the trade deadline most likely won't yield any 'bold moves'. We can't be comparing Holland's moves to Shero's moves since the two clubs are vastly different in terms of what they can offer to players. If I'm being honest, this team is at least 2 years and several 'bold moves' from even sniffing the Pens level.

I Still think there are players that can be moved in particular filppula. I'm not saying he will acquire us a superstar but trade a piece for another wrinkle in our team. I'm the last guy to do an outlandish trade proposal in a thread but I think he is one of our more valuable players

I Still think there are players that can be moved in particular filppula. I'm not saying he will acquire us a superstar but trade a piece for another wrinkle in our team. I'm the last guy to do an outlandish trade proposal in a thread but I think he is one of our more valuable players

No offense, but the fact that Filppula is one of our more valuable players is a glaring indication that the cupboard is pretty bare. Unless other players have a direct interest in playing in Detroit, I believe Holland will now have to begin to pay more for players than he has in the past, or start giving up prospects. It's either that, or hope that the prospects in the pipe now all turn out to be gems.

Losing 1-2 Hall of Fame players a year for the past 3 years is not something rectified on a one-to-one basis, nor is it done in a calendar year. I believe that this team is punching above its weight at the moment and that a move to the East at this time is going to be a very rough one in terms of exactly how this team has been built to play. Watching the Habs/Bruins game last night, as well as several Leaf games, as opened my eyes to how diminutive this team is in terms of size. Next year is going to be rough.

I remember when the Wings went all out and gunned for the Cup every year...

I remember when there was no cap, and you could trade away picks and prospects and fill the holes in your roster with free agents

Well, he ought to fit right in with the rest of the clowns in the car.

So what song do I hear as I read this? "Everyone Knows This is Nowhere". Hmmm...

No offense, but the fact that Filppula is one of our more valuable players is a glaring indication that the cupboard is pretty bare. Unless other players have a direct interest in playing in Detroit, I believe Holland will now have to begin to pay more for players than he has in the past, or start giving up prospects. It's either that, or hope that the prospects in the pipe now all turn out to be gems.

Losing 1-2 Hall of Fame players a year for the past 3 years is not something rectified on a one-to-one basis, nor is it done in a calendar year. I believe that this team is punching above its weight at the moment and that a move to the East at this time is going to be a very rough one in terms of exactly how this team has been built to play. Watching the Habs/Bruins game last night, as well as several Leaf games, as opened my eyes to how diminutive this team is in terms of size. Next year is going to be rough.

None taken at all. We badly need to diversify our forward unit especially.

No doubt, the Penguins are the team to beat loaded at absolutely every position. Letang will have a good amount of rest whenever he is coming back and Crosby being his formerself. It would be unfair to copare them to theDetroit Red Wings at this point. Detroit is looking at 2 - 3 transistion years (good ones at that) to even be mentioned in the same sentence with these new powerhouse teams, sad but true.

Acquiring Iggy and not giving up anything special is really a tremendous job done by Shero. No I don't like to praise the Penguins but you gotta give credit when it is deserved, yeah Shero screwed up the Morrow situation but Murray and Iggy are two absolute homeruns.

BUT let's see if Fleury can overcome his lackluste playoffs performances.

I remember when there was no cap, and you could trade away picks and prospects and fill the holes in your roster with free agents

The cap is an excuse. We did fine under the cap up until the last two years. 2010 was derailed by injuries, but was still a good team. Everything after that was just complacency.

The cap is an excuse. We did fine under the cap up until the last two years. 2010 was derailed by injuries, but was still a good team. Everything after that was just complacency.

Sorry but I respectfully disagree, the decline started after the last cup run and it was obvious. Thanks to be cap the Wings couldn't keep their roster, not only would they have done so otherwhise Detroit would for sure have fixed the wholes and try again next year with an even better roster thanks but not, the cap destroyed that. In the end the Wings ended up with a worse team than before - i.e 2 round exit against the Sharks (first of two in a row) - so the cap is not only an excuse it is fact.

Looking back it really is unbelievable how much quality this team has lost over such a short amount of time, no other team had to deal with something like this and yet Babcock is doing a tr emendous job, by still keeping them somewhat in the hunt for a playoff spot. Some weeks ago (during the lockout) I did post how this roster would look like if the best owner in all of sports wouldn't be handicaped by a small little guy who knows nothing about hockey.

Do I blame Holland for standing pat too long? Yes, but since last year he is trying to improve this team, going hard after Suter and now Dan DeKeyser though in the end signing players is a two way street (offer/sign it).

That said I can't wait till this team will be loaded again and face the Penguins in the Stanley Cup Finals....with a different outcome this time!

This is an original 6 franchise, this is hockeytown

Edited by frankgrimes

The Penguins continue to show that they want to compete for the cup every year. Like it or not but that is what draws elite players to want to sign with your team. Detroit used to enjoy this, Holland is pissing it away by signing players like Colo , Sammy etc. The Pens will survive the cap next season just like the Hawks did a couple of years ago. You never hear Detroit mentioned in trade rumors anymore....did Kenny lose his cell? Rant over.

Sounds like Iginla was in control this whole time. Also sounds like he basically screwed his team by forcing them to do it now as opposed to next week, and going for nothing.

He aint going back to CGY after this year. Id be so butt hurt right now if I was a flames fan.

OK, let's say that the Wings had given up their 2013 1st, 2nd, and 5th, 2014th 2nd, and three of Jarnkrok, Pulkkinen, Sproul, Ouellet, Tatar, and Sheahan for three players whom we could not possibly re-sign---one of whom was a third-pairing defenseman, another who was a beat-up power forward, and a third who was almost certain to return to his hometown anyway.

No thanks. This is a team in the process of rebuilding on the fly.

Umm that's not the value at all. The list for penguins goes maata, pouilot, despres and Bennett. The only blue chip they lost were joe morrow and a very late 1st round pick. That's very disingenuous to compare our top prospects to two unsigned NCAA prospects that were not highly touted. The forward is the only one that projects even close to a top 6 and even that is a big stretch. Edited by Carman

The Penguins continue to show that they want to compete for the cup every year. Like it or not but that is what draws elite players to want to sign with your team. Detroit used to enjoy this, Holland is pissing it away by signing players like Colo , Sammy etc. The Pens will survive the cap next season just like the Hawks did a couple of years ago. You never hear Detroit mentioned in trade rumors anymore....did Kenny lose his cell? Rant over.

I'm sorry but what?? Brad Stuart was the last decent trade we made, before that I don't even know, probably bertuzzi. Holland never really made a lot of trades, and I feel like everyone is using this year as an excuse to bash Kenny despite everything he has done for us. Shame on you for even thinking that, Kenny is doing as good as anyone else could. Where is this proof that players don't wanna come here? We lost out on the olson twins because of family reasons. Also it usually isn't up to the player to decide where he wants to go, the gm decides which deal he likes best, teams don't want to give us that piece that makes us the best in the league again