• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Johnz96

Iginla Traded to Pittsburgh

Rate this topic

Guest irishock

Calling it now, Pittsburgh gets beat in the first round of the playoffs after their swiss cheese defense gets totally exposed.

Their defense is average but Marc-Andre will s*** the bed hard, I guarantee.

Their defense is average but Marc-Andre will s*** the bed hard, I guarantee.

Or he can show up like he did in 2007 and 2008 and take over series.

Edited by Carman

Guest Playmaker

For this team as it is, the trade deadline most likely won't yield any 'bold moves'. We can't be comparing Holland's moves to Shero's moves since the two clubs are vastly different in terms of what they can offer to players. If I'm being honest, this team is at least 2 years and several 'bold moves' from even sniffing the Pens level.

Both teams lost in the first round of the playoffs last year. For now, it's all even. The big deadline acquisitions rarely result in a Stanely Cup. The trades have left me completely unfazed. I truly don't see what all the fuss is about.

Why can't Holland trade two prospects no one has ever heard of and a 1st round pick (which is effectively a 2nd for the Pens), for Jarome Iginla?

I guess they have a GM that actually makes moves, instead of offering contracts to former castoffs.

It's not Holland's fault we don't have Crosby. That's the only reason Iginla was going to leave Calgary. Was to play with one of the* greatest talent in the history of the league.

29 other teams were in the same position as the Wings. This isn't a good basis to blame Holland for, keep it to his many other mess ups like trading for Quincey, and letting Hossa go. Plenty there to blame him for.

Edited by Carman

It's not Holland's fault we don't have Crosby. That's the only reason Iginla was going to leave Calgary. Was to play with the greatest talent in the history of the league.

29 other teams were in the same position as the Wings. This isn't a good basis to blame Holland for, keep it to his many other mess ups like trading for Quincey, and letting Hossa go. Plenty there to blame him for.

Seriously?

If it was all about Crosby, Iginla would have only wanted to play for the Pens and no one else. Not like Datsyuk or Toews are crappy set-up men. He had a list of several teams.

Seriously?

If it was all about Crosby, Iginla would have only wanted to play for the Pens and no one else. Not like Datsyuk or Toews are crappy set-up men. He had a list of several teams.

Did you not read the story?

He nixed the Bruins deal last minute. He only wanted to go to one team.

Crosby is another level than Toews or Datsyuk, he's one of the 5 best players in the history of the league.

Bob McKenzie tweets

Doesn't matter now, but CGY preferred deal was with BOS. The 2 teams agreed on components but w/o critical 3rd element - player approval.

Bottom line, as was the case with Brenden Morrow, Jarome Iginla is a Pittsburgh Penguin today because PIT is where he wanted to go.

Edited by Carman

It's not Holland's fault we don't have Crosby. That's the only reason Iginla was going to leave Calgary. Was to play with the greatest talent in the history of the league.

You need new material. Your Crosby schtick is old.

esteef

Seriously?

It came out that Boston indeed had a better offer on the table, but Iginla chose Pittsburgh and tied Feasters hands. We had no shot at him, maybe years ago with Lidstrom patrolling the backline Iggy would've been interested.

Did you not read the story?

He nixed the Bruins deal last minute. He only wanted to go to one team.

Crosby is another level than Toews or Datsyuk, he's one of the 5 best players in the history of the league.

Bob McKenzie tweets

Oh.

Well, then I hope Iginla breaks his ******* neck on his first shift.

And I'm not joking.

It came out that Boston indeed had a better offer on the table, but Iginla chose Pittsburgh and tied Feasters hands. We had no shot at him, maybe years ago with Lidstrom patrolling the backline Iggy would've been interested.

Do we still have a shot at McGrattan?

:cheesy:

You need new material. Your Crosby schtick is old.

esteef

What is a schtick about what I said?

Take it from Iginla himself.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/2013/03/28/boston-bruins-jarome-iginla-peter-chiarelli-sidney-crosby/2029149/

Iginla called the opportunity to chase a Stanley Cup with the player he called "the best in the world" as the biggest reason the six-time All-Star agreed to a trade to Pittsburgh.

Sorry about stating facts.