• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Johnz96

Iginla Traded to Pittsburgh

Rate this topic

What is a schtick about what I said?

Take it from Iginla himself.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/2013/03/28/boston-bruins-jarome-iginla-peter-chiarelli-sidney-crosby/2029149/

Sorry about stating facts.

Someone's media fluffing is now fact? Yes, you are sorry. Crosby's been around awhile now and so have the rumors of Iginla leaving Calgary at every deadline. But suddenly this time it's all because of Crosby and not that Pitt as a team is in good shape. Whatever dood.

esteef

Someone's media fluffing is now fact? Yes, you are sorry. Crosby's been around awhile now and so have the rumors of Iginla leaving Calgary at every deadline. But suddenly this time it's all because of Crosby and not that Pitt as a team is in good shape. Whatever dood.

esteef

And pittsburgh being in good shape has nothing to do with Crosby...

I was just going off what Iginla himself said, sorry that it doesn't coincide with your opinion on the situation. Hate Crosby all you want, but he has the highest PPG for anyone not named Gretzky, Orr, or Lemiuex, and that's pretty impressive, at least to me. But who cares about historical stats and talent. Guess not everyone here enjoys seeing a once a lifetime talent play the game. It's a shame, because I love catching every game I can, he is that great.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capitals-insider/wp/2013/03/28/caps-weigh-in-on-jarome-iginla-trade/

“I’d love to get my first crack at one Cup,” Iginla told reporters in Calgary on Thursday. “Pittsburgh has the two best players in the world. It’s really hard as a player to pass up the opportunity to play on a team with Sid and Malkin.”

Is he already throwing his former team under the bus? They went to game 7 of the SCF in 2004....... :blink:

To me, Iginla's choice of Pittsburgh over Boston (which clearly had the better trade offer) is just a big middle finger to Calgary. If he truly cared about bettering Calgary as he was leaving, Boston would have been the choice. I've never liked Iginla, seen too much dirty goonery from him (spearing, fighting while readjusting his visor as he does so, etc.). Only thing he needs to learn to fit in on that Pittsburgh squad is a good reverse 1 1/2 somersault to draw some penalties.

To me, Iginla's choice of Pittsburgh over Boston (which clearly had the better trade offer) is just a big middle finger to Calgary. If he truly cared about bettering Calgary as he was leaving, Boston would have been the choice. I've never liked Iginla, seen too much dirty goonery from him (spearing, fighting while readjusting his visor as he does so, etc.). Only thing he needs to learn to fit in on that Pittsburgh squad is a good reverse 1 1/2 somersault to draw some penalties.

The deal fall threw, because Feaster wanted Subban and Chiarelli didn't want to trade him is my guess. Which is just stupid if you ask me, the guy is from Montreal so there is no way, he is going to re-sign with Boston once his ELC is up.

No, Calgary had a deal in place with Boston, Calgary thought they were trading him there and Boston thought they were getting him. Iginla chose Pittsburgh instead, it was that simple and was communicated clearly as such straight from Calgary GM and Boston GM.

The deal fall threw, because Feaster wanted Subban and Chiarelli didn't want to trade him is my guess. Which is just stupid if you ask me, the guy is from Montreal so there is no way, he is going to re-sign with Boston once his ELC is up.

Cups aren't given out, they're earned. History proves that the road to the cup is a long and subjective one. They are not guaranteed to win anything, I mean, NO KIDDING they are all in. IF they even were to win the cup this year, good luck keeping all that talent when the new CBA kicks in.

Who does Shero think he is? Ken Holland? PSHHHH

Theoretically (although highly unlikely) it's possible for the Flames to squeak in as a #8 seed.

Flames in 7 over the Pens would be the most heartbreaking SCF ever. It would be worse than Hossa losing in '09. I'd almost have to root against Hudler if that happened.

Theoretically (although highly unlikely) it's possible for the Flames to squeak in as a #8 seed.

Flames in 7 over the Pens would be the most heartbreaking SCF ever. It would be worse than Hossa losing in '09. I'd almost have to root against Hudler if that happened.

That would be hilarious.

I just wanna know what happened to parity?

Also this: I've heard many times that teams won't deal with Detroit because they are sick of them winning. Should this not apply to the Pens?

Also: any of you ever play Settlers of Catan? Feaster basically just gave longest road to the dude sitting at 8pts. He should have his ballz cut off with a rusty butter knife. I hope he loses his job over this.

/rant

Im a fellow catansman and i approve this metaphor

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capitals-insider/wp/2013/03/28/caps-weigh-in-on-jarome-iginla-trade/

“I’d love to get my first crack at one Cup,” Iginla told reporters in Calgary on Thursday. “Pittsburgh has the two best players in the world. It’s really hard as a player to pass up the opportunity to play on a team with Sid and Malkin.”

Is he already throwing his former team under the bus? They went to game 7 of the SCF in 2004....... :blink:

I think he's saying that he knows he's likely to advance further in the playoffs than he did in Calgary, and that this Pittsburgh team would have beaten Tampa Bay in 2004.

For me it sheds a whole new light and perspective on what had gone on with Hossa in 08. At the time I understood his decision, but felt a little miffed that he had indicated an interest in staying with Pittsburgh and gave people that impression but ended up going elsewhere. I think what I didn't understand at the time was that players aren't always trying to just "screw GMs over" -- they are looking out for themselves just as much as GMs look out for their team. I guess now I can understand that Hossa just wanted what was the best choice for him at the time but wanted all of his options open if possible.

For me it sheds a whole new light and perspective on what had gone on with Hossa in 08. At the time I understood his decision, but felt a little miffed that he had indicated an interest in staying with Pittsburgh and gave people that impression but ended up going elsewhere. I think what I didn't understand at the time was that players aren't always trying to just "screw GMs over" -- they are looking out for themselves just as much as GMs look out for their team. I guess now I can understand that Hossa just wanted what was the best choice for him at the time but wanted all of his options open if possible.

He did the same with Detroit. I still remember reading the story where he was quoted as saying he'd be willing to sign for less money to remain a Wing beyond 2009.

I think he's saying that he knows he's likely to advance further in the playoffs than he did in Calgary, and that this Pittsburgh team would have beaten Tampa Bay in 2004.

I was telling the boys the same thing last night when they were drooling over the pens. I hope je falls well short and doesn't re-sign with them in the offseason.

Right at the start of the season most of the media wanted to hand the Cup to New York because of the acquisition of Nash. At the moment they are fighting get a playoff spot. Not saying that the Pens will fail but this is still sports not mathematics. Its also a risk breaking up a well working roster so if they succeed and get the Cup in the End it would be well deserved. So I'm really exited to see if it works out and hope we'll be able to see a Boston vs. Pittsburgh - Series in the Playoffs.

No, Calgary had a deal in place with Boston, Calgary thought they were trading him there and Boston thought they were getting him. Iginla chose Pittsburgh instead, it was that simple and was communicated clearly as such straight from Calgary GM and Boston GM.

Exactly. Chiarelli even said they had an agreement to scratch players in preparation for the trade. Iginla was lying from the start - there was never a list of four teams he would go to contingent on his NTC. There was only one. Boston had the better offer and he vetoed it to the detriment of the Calgary Flames.

That would be more poetic than anything Shakespeare ever wrote

I wasn't there so I don't know, but if true, this was a real punk move on Iginla's part. I wouldn't be surprised in the least, though. I really have no respect for the guy. All the more reason to root for Boston now, especially when they play the Pens. (Yeah, like there wasn't reason enough already)

I wasn't there so I don't know, but if true, this was a real punk move on Iginla's part. I wouldn't be surprised in the least, though. I really have no respect for the guy. All the more reason to root for Boston now, especially when they play the Pens. (Yeah, like there wasn't reason enough already)

Don't see how it was a punk move. Players negotiate no trade clauses so they can control where they go or don't go...he exercised his rights, it's pretty simple.

Don't see how it was a punk move. Players negotiate no trade clauses so they can control where they go or don't go...he exercised his rights, it's pretty simple.

You're telling me it's not a punk move to let management get so far into a deal that it's announced without telling them that's not where he wanted to go?

I think that once he gave a list of teams to Feaster he should have accepted a deal with ANY of them. Whats the point in providing a list if its just one team you really want? Feaster wasted his time dealing with the Bruins if the Pens had any interest similar to the Bruins.

I'm wondering if Pittsburgh is too good now, if that makes sense. Almost like our 1998-99 team and adding Clark, Chelios, Ulf, and Ranford. 1999 on paper was better then 1997 and 1998, but we couldn't get out of the 2nd round.