• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

#221 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,211 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:11 AM

Question here... I've heard allegations of tampering in this whole situation, the complaints originating from how Crosby's camp allegedly contacted Iginla to convince him to come to Pittsburgh. Since Iginla was not a free agent and was still under contract to the Flames at the time, does that idea hold any water? Obviously, it's impossible to prove, but interesting to think about (considering how Crosby has been allowed to skirt the league's rules in the past).

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#222 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

Jay Feaster should know the rules regarding NMC/NTC contracts, don't confirm anything before speaking to the player and getting his ok, can't be that hard to do?

That's just the thing, from all reports they did talk to Iggy and he did imply his consent to any of the four teams on his list. Of course, none of us really know how it went. For all we know Iggy may have made it clear that Pittsburgh was his preference. Feaster obviously isn't the smartest GM, so I have to assume the mess was at least partially his fault, but I think Iggy probably deserves some blame as well.

#223 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:38 AM

Question here... I've heard allegations of tampering in this whole situation, the complaints originating from how Crosby's camp allegedly contacted Iginla to convince him to come to Pittsburgh. Since Iginla was not a free agent and was still under contract to the Flames at the time, does that idea hold any water? Obviously, it's impossible to prove, but interesting to think about (considering how Crosby has been allowed to skirt the league's rules in the past).

Iginla confirmed it on a HNIC interview.  I'd guess it depends on how ticked off Boston is.  Jeremy Jacobs isn't exactly a guy who lets things go.

#224 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,211 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:52 AM

So confirmed tampering via Iginla. And the league does nothing. One set of rules for Crosby, another for the rest of the league. As per usual.

ABV_sig.png

#225 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:08 AM

So it looks like Iginla could be more then a "rental" for the Penguins...

The chances of Jarome Iginla returning to Calgary in the off-season might be smaller than many think, as the star winger is believed to be interested in a multi-year deal with Pittsburgh.
Iginla, who is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent this July, was traded to the Penguins last week in exchange for two prospects and a first-round draft pick. According to Renaud Lavoie of RDS, Iginla is open to signing an extension with the Penguins, who sit first in the Eastern Conference. Iginla's in the final year of a five-year, $35 million contract. The 35-year-old could look to sign a multi-year agreement, in the three-to-five year range, worth closer to $5 million per season.
If, however, the two sides are unable to come to terms on a contract, Iginla will be pursued by several players, including the Boston Bruins and Los Angeles Kings. Both the Bruins and Kings tried to acquire Iginla before he was shipped to Pittsburgh.

http://www.thefourth.../pit130401.html

Posted Image

#226 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,211 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:17 AM

So, who gets shipped out of Pittsburgh then? They're not going to have nearly enough money to sign everyone they need.

ABV_sig.png

#227 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:31 AM

Crosby won't be talking to anyone for a while...

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!

#228 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:34 AM

So, who gets shipped out of Pittsburgh then? They're not going to have nearly enough money to sign everyone they need.

That's what I was wondering. Not sure how it will be possible but it wouldn't surprise if in some miracle fashion the Pen's retain everyone.

Posted Image

#229 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:35 AM

Likely won't be able to re-sign Dupuis.

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!