• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
btone

Red Wings should pursue Jagr

Rate this topic

The Red Wings should pursue Jagr. I know that he is old, I know that he may not want to resign to the same team next year and I know he's not a game changer. Here's the reason, if we sign Jagr it adds a presence to our feeble power play instantly. For that reason alone, he is worth what we trade, and if the Dallas Stars captain Morrow went for one prospect, i think we could get Jagr for a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick. Again, just the fact he would improve our power play makes him worth it, not to include the fact he might work beautifuly with Pavel.

I really don't think we should waste even 1 draft pick on Jagr. Mostly for the reasons you gave (he's old and likely won't resign next year) And yeah our PP was pretty sorry earlier in the seaon. But now we're looking much better with the man advantage. If im not mistaken I think we've scored at least 1 PP goal in the last 7-8 games. On top of that we'll have Helm back any day now, and eventually Bertuzzi.

We need an elite defenseman. And out of all the names I've been hearing I really hope for either Keith Yandle or Lubomir Visnovsky

I really don't think we should waste even 1 draft pick on Jagr. Mostly for the reasons you gave (he's old and likely won't resign next year) And yeah our PP was pretty sorry earlier in the seaon. But now we're looking much better with the man advantage. If im not mistaken I think we've scored at least 1 PP goal in the last 7-8 games. On top of that we'll have Helm back any day now, and eventually Bertuzzi.

We need an elite defenseman. And out of all the names I've been hearing I really hope for either Keith Yandle or Lubomir Visnovsky

Are the Islanders still sniffin' around a playoff spot tho? If not, we should be able to get Visnovsky relatively cheap.

Counting on Bertuzzi is a long shot, i'll be surprised if he even returns in the next 3 weeks. Helm will be back, but that is not going to improve our power play. And think about this, who knows how many more years Pavel will be here for, wouldn't it be nice to see him on the same line as another crafty forward

No they should not.

He has 6 power play goals at the moment, the only Wing that matches that is...guess who..Datsyuk! Put Datsyuk out there with Jagr or Jagr leading the second power play, and then my friend we would have a power play teams actually feared again

The Red Wings should pursue Jagr. I know that he is old, I know that he may not want to resign to the same team next year and I know he's not a game changer. Here's the reason, if we sign Jagr it adds a presence to our feeble power play instantly. For that reason alone, he is worth what we trade, and if the Dallas Stars captain Morrow went for one prospect, i think we could get Jagr for a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick. Again, just the fact he would improve our power play makes him worth it, not to include the fact he might work beautifuly with Pavel.

I wouldn't mind Jagr and he'd definitely make our PP better, but the Wings powerplay is already becoming feared again. It was never bad at home, but since Franzen came back from injury and Flip got healthy we now have 2 units going and consequently they have PP goals in 7 or 8 straight games now.

I wouldnt be opposed IF we didnt have to give up much to get him. This is a great draft year so picks are valuable and I dont want to part with a prospect BUT I think Jagr could assist us with some of the offensive struggles we have had throughout the year. He is also a bit of a pr*ck...which comes in handy in the playoffs.

I think they are going to have a firesale in Calgary with Iggy gone. I have a strange feeling that Holland would look at JBO if thats the case, given we have cap space. Who knows...with the lack of any acquistions over the last few years, it may not happen. After all, Boumeester is not over 35, a waiver pick-up, a "project" and has not played in Detroit before...which seems to be Hollands signing criteria!

Guest RedWingsDad

Our defense has actually been pretty sexy, barring a lapse here and there that leads to an odd man rush. Check out our goals against lately. Right now our most pressing need seems to be a real power forward. Not saying Jagr fits that bill though...

I wouldnt be opposed IF we didnt have to give up much to get him. This is a great draft year so picks are valuable and I dont want to part with a prospect BUT I think Jagr could assist us with some of the offensive struggles we have had throughout the year. He is also a bit of a pr*ck...which comes in handy in the playoffs.

I think they are going to have a firesale in Calgary with Iggy gone. I have a strange feeling that Holland would look at JBO if thats the case, given we have cap space. Who knows...with the lack of any acquistions over the last few years, it may not happen. After all, Boumeester is not over 35, a waiver pick-up, a "project" and has not played in Detroit before...which seems to be Hollands signing criteria!

Surprised nobody has mentioned Cammalleri when we're talking about Jagr. With all of Feaster's attention on Iginla, Holland may have been able to get him cheap. Still can.....

Edited by PuckY18

Surprised nobody has mentioned Cammalleri when we're talking about Jagr. With all of Feaster's attention on Iginla, Holland may have been able to get him cheap.

I was wondering about his availability as well.

Surprised nobody has mentioned Cammalleri when we're talking about Jagr. With all of Feaster's attention on Iginla, Holland may have been able to get him cheap. Still can.....

Here's the thing about Cammalleri. His past few seasons he's been injury prone, and has not put up great points. I don't think we need a center right now either as much as we need wings. And to be honest, as for money, his $6mill is pretty high for what he offers, if we wanted someone like him we'd have been better off keeping Hudler at $4mill.

I would be all for this if its for a 2nd rounder or lower. Jagr certainly wouldn't hurt anything, currently we have 1 good PP unit and one decent PP unit (and thats a stretch). With Jagr, it doesn't matter where you put him, it would move one good player to the other unit, it could take Cleary off the second unit, or if you want him for net presence take Nyquist away.

Z-D-Franzen

Bruno-Kronwall

Jagr-Fil-Cleary/Nyquist

Kindl- White

Guest Johnz96

We got tons of skill and finesse we need power. Our weakness is that we get pushed around and to the perimeters

We got tons of skill and finesse we need power. Our weakness is that we get pushed around and to the perimeters

Umm do you know how Jagr plays the game?

I understand he's old, but he's still a very effective board player, and still can take it to the net like the best of them.

I think it would be very interesting, I don't think he provides the overall game that we need, but he would certainly help offensively, he can really slow the game down and I think would fit really well with Filpulla.

Guest Crymson

Too heavy a cap hit.

It's bad, but he might be worth it with the dearth of free-agent forwards we'll see in this offseason.

Dude has 14 goals, thats 3 more than anyone on our team. $4.5M is nothing, we've got tons of space. I would love it if we coudl get him (he might well cost more than Morrow did though, despite being a potential rental).

As others have said, gives us 2 legit PP units if we could get him.