• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
dropkickshanahans

Bioshock Infinite

Rate this topic

I'm a HUGE fan of the series.. loved the first two and i'm about 4-5 hours into Infinite by now. It's truly a marvel of a game so far, a great story and plenty of "wow" moments. Not going to spread out any spoilers until other get time to dive into the game deeper, but i'm travelling with Elizabeth at this point and really enjoying the experience so far. Little things I am noticing really set this apart from the first two, environment aside. Only being able to carry two weapons is different, along with being able to swap with dropped weapons from dead enemies. The side missions are a nice touch also, with the introduction of needing X amount of lock picks to access certain areas.

Really excited about this game so far, and I hope more of the gamers on this site are getting into it and want to spark up more discussion. I'll be checking back here as I progress further.

What a brilliant game all around, it's a lock for Game of the Year awards without any doubt. Everything about it, all the details big and small, the environment, the atmosphere, the character development, the story, it's completely gripping, entirely unique and refreshing. It's rare that I look forward to replaying a game as soon as i'm finished with it but I intend to immediately after I finish. It's been worth the wait, lives up to the hype and doesn't fail to "wow" on multiple occasions throughout. Easily among my top 5 favorite games of this generation and a leader on my all-time list. Irrational games and 2k outdid themselves this time.

What has been your favorite moment so far Mabus?

I have to say, I don't know if you noticed that CCR song Fortunate Son playing on the radio when Elizabeth opened a tear to the future earlier in the game, but a chill went down my spine when I watched and listened to the black woman singing that same CCR song with so much soul amidst all the fighting and dead bodies during the Vox revolution after going through Elizabeth's second tear. I can't really explain the feeling of it other than putting myself in the shoes of an oppressed people and then feeling that liberation through her singing that song during victory.

It gets me thinking that these tears Elizabeth opens and how everything changes when you go through them gets things like this song stuck in the past even though it wasn't created yet, so I'll be keeping an eye out and hopefully come across similar gems like this as I go through the game.

This game is just so wonderful.

I think the one you mentioned has probably been my favorite so far, it's exactly what came to mind before I continued reading. It was in that room with all the old sewing machines when the tear was open and fortunate son was playing, to later on have that woman sitting up high singing it. I stood there for nearly two minutes just watching her sing because it was a really powerful moment. Also in the basement of the bar at Shantytown when you pick up the guitar and sit down to start playing as Elizabeth starts singing and gives an apple to the child hiding under the staircase. It's those moments that really stick with you and helps this game stand out over many others.

I also really liked the entire rescue sequence when initially getting Elizabeth from the fallen angel tower, viewing her from room to room down to the songbird tearing away at the tower as you are making your escape right down to the moment where you are under water and the bird has it's head under the water staring at you. It was really intense.

I haven't completed the game yet but when I do I plan on going through again on 1999 mode.

I never got into the first Bioshocks but Infinite blew my mind. It's only the second game that made me think of the ending for a couple of days after I finished it. The first one was the first DeusEX. The gamemechanics are pretty dull for the most time, but the story and the world make up for that. It's without a doubt one of the best games I've ever played and I play a lot of stuff.

Edited by derblaueClaus

I highly recommend the Burial at Sea downloadable content, it's an excellent addition to the story. Only part one of two has been released so far but it's well worth the price.

If you like this Bioshock Derblaue i'd strongly suggest playing the first two especially for the story line, and it makes the ending of Infinite make more sense if you know the back story. They can be had for very cheap, they are obviously slightly dated in comparison but still worth playing.

The Bioshock Trilogy is easily my favorite series of this generation, there's nothing else like it.