• This topic is locked This topic is locked
214 replies to this topic

#1 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

Please God no.  Looks like we'd have to give up one of McCollum or Mrazek. For the former, MAYBE. For the latter,  no effing way. We need scoring help,  not defense; especially the pylon. 

http://kuklaskorner...._medium=twitter

#2 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

just heard dreger say on tsn that wings want bouwmeester and now flames will want more for bouwmeester because they got robbed by the iginla deal and theyll want a young goalie to start either mrazek of patterson

if we trade away mrazek im gonna flip man! hes future star , i always joke with my friends that we got the future hasek (they always saying how wings are done and were rebuilding soon ... little do they know )

#3 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

i just put a topic about this as well lol saw the same thing they mentioned patterson not mccollum and mrazek if they even consider trading mrazek for anyone id kick there f****** ass lol hes a future star

#4 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

We definitely need defense. It would not hurt to land a legit top pairing dman. If this team is gonna make a playoff run, it starts with bulking up defense. They have plenty of assests to land a dman and a top 6 winger.

I think J-Bo would be a fantastic adition to this team. Especially if they can trade for him now, then sign him to an extension over the summer.

Edited by marcaractac, 28 March 2013 - 05:58 PM.

#5 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

If we trade for Bouwmeester I'm going to lose it.  Why take on that s*** contract for that s*** player when Yandle is supposedly available?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#6 fat guy in a maltby jersey

fat guy in a maltby jersey

3rd Line Checker

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

maybe on mccollum?  wings would be lucky to get table scraps for that waste of space.

if holland can get anything of value for mccollum, i'll volunteer to drive the guy to the airport myself.

mrazek needs to stay.  patterson could move in the right deal...expendable with howard and mrazek.

#7 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:59 PM

Calm down there boys;

#Flames Jay Bouwmeester admits he and team have talked about possibility of a trade. Hearing as many as 6 teams interested in him.

We're not the only ones and I highly doubt Holland is going to give up Mrazek.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#8 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:59 PM

They can have McCollum, but he may only be valued as a sandwich in return.

Got FSD setup with all it's glory.  Plan to have pre and post game coverage along with Wingspan and 24/7.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#9 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:00 PM

just heard dreger say on tsn that wings want bouwmeester and now flames will want more for bouwmeester because they got robbed by the iginla deal and theyll want a young goalie to start either mrazek of patterson

if we trade away mrazek im gonna flip man! hes future star , i always joke with my friends that we got the future hasek (they always saying how wings are done and were rebuilding soon ... little do they know )

This is great news for the Wings.

If Calgary is increasing their demands for Jbo it increases the chance that the Wings walk away from the deal entirely and that is a win for the Wings.

He isn't worth the contract he's signed to, if you want Bouwmeester it would be better to wait and sign him as a FA to a much smaller cap hit.

#10 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:00 PM

maybe on mccollum?  wings would be lucky to get table scraps for that waste of space.

if holland can get anything of value for mccollum, i'll volunteer to drive the guy to the airport myself.

mrazek needs to stay.  patterson could move in the right deal...expendable with howard and mrazek.

I wish people would realize you have to give something up to aquire something lol. I don't think they could give Mccollum away at this point.

#11 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

There's 6 teams interested in Bouw. We're not the only ones going after him and its highly unlikely we would give up Mrazek. 

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#12 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

If we could add Bouwmeester and DeKeyser to this Defense, I actually would be really pleased.

#13 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

This is all un sourced speculation on Dreger and Mackenzie's part.

They are reliable when they are reporting sources, but as far as making their own predictions they aren't any more reliable than you or I.

Other than a Calgary Blog earlier this season I haven't read or heard anyone reference a source that Detroit has actually made any offers or that Calgary has actually requested anything.

When you see the word "may" as often as you do in that piece you can essentially disregard it as speculation to fill air time.

#14 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

God no I don't want that contract.  If we're going to take on that kind of money get me Gaborik to play with Dats.  Plus, Yandle at 5 million is a MUCH better option than Bouwmeester at 6.8 and I'd gladly part with Mrazek for the latter. 

Edited by kipwinger, 28 March 2013 - 06:08 PM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#15 gowings00

gowings00

No Talent Goon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

We tend to forget that good defense produces more scoring chances. With that said, we do need a Sniper.

#16 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

As long as it's just a joke because we are talking about a guy who has played 2 career NHL games and was good in 1 of them.  If Jimmy signs for 4-5 years where is Mrazek going to play? If the deal is right I would ship him out now.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#17 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,705 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

I'd offer up Quincey/Tatar, McCollum, 1st. They can have White too if they want. That is all or I'd walk. His contract is too unreasonable to pay top dollar. He doesn't fit our team perfectly (He isn't very young, tough, on a good contract, or a RH dman). I'd only go all in for the perfect fit.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#18 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

God no I don't want that contract.  If we're going to take on that kind of money get me Gaborik to play with Dats.  Yandle at 5 million is a MUCH better option than Bouwmeester at 6.8 and I'd gladly part with Mrazek for the latter. 

Yandle, IMO is exactly what the team doesn't need. A one dimensional dman who is not very good in his own zone. J-Bo can play well at both ends of the ice, and has stepped up his game this year. I think he would be a great fit with the Wings. And his cap hit is just for one season. Everyone acts as if it is a cap hit the team would be stuck with forever. I don't get it.

He has size, can QB a powerplay, can move the puck well, and play well in his own zone. I don't understand how Yandle at just 1.8 mil less can be seen as a much better option. Yandle isn't even the best dman on his team.

#19 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,705 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

Holland isn't stupid. He won't trade Mrazek. JBo isn't the solution to our D. We have plenty of futures in the cupboard a few years away. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#20 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,235 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:14 PM

As long as it's just a joke because we are talking about a guy who has played 2 career NHL games and was good in 1 of them.  If Jimmy signs for 4-5 years where is Mrazek going to play? If the deal is right I would ship him out now.

That would be a bad move all around.