• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
b.shanafan14

Dreger: Wings 'very interested' in Bouwmeester *merged*

Rate this topic

Please God no. Looks like we'd have to give up one of McCollum or Mrazek. For the former, MAYBE. For the latter, no effing way. We need scoring help, not defense; especially the pylon.

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/something-to-chew-on?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

just heard dreger say on tsn that wings want bouwmeester and now flames will want more for bouwmeester because they got robbed by the iginla deal and theyll want a young goalie to start either mrazek of patterson

if we trade away mrazek im gonna flip man! hes future star , i always joke with my friends that we got the future hasek (they always saying how wings are done and were rebuilding soon ... little do they know )

We definitely need defense. It would not hurt to land a legit top pairing dman. If this team is gonna make a playoff run, it starts with bulking up defense. They have plenty of assests to land a dman and a top 6 winger.

I think J-Bo would be a fantastic adition to this team. Especially if they can trade for him now, then sign him to an extension over the summer.

Edited by marcaractac

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

maybe on mccollum? wings would be lucky to get table scraps for that waste of space.

if holland can get anything of value for mccollum, i'll volunteer to drive the guy to the airport myself.

mrazek needs to stay. patterson could move in the right deal...expendable with howard and mrazek.

Calm down there boys;

#Flames Jay Bouwmeester admits he and team have talked about possibility of a trade. Hearing as many as 6 teams interested in him.

We're not the only ones and I highly doubt Holland is going to give up Mrazek.

just heard dreger say on tsn that wings want bouwmeester and now flames will want more for bouwmeester because they got robbed by the iginla deal and theyll want a young goalie to start either mrazek of patterson

if we trade away mrazek im gonna flip man! hes future star , i always joke with my friends that we got the future hasek (they always saying how wings are done and were rebuilding soon ... little do they know )

This is great news for the Wings.

If Calgary is increasing their demands for Jbo it increases the chance that the Wings walk away from the deal entirely and that is a win for the Wings.

He isn't worth the contract he's signed to, if you want Bouwmeester it would be better to wait and sign him as a FA to a much smaller cap hit.

maybe on mccollum? wings would be lucky to get table scraps for that waste of space.

if holland can get anything of value for mccollum, i'll volunteer to drive the guy to the airport myself.

mrazek needs to stay. patterson could move in the right deal...expendable with howard and mrazek.

I wish people would realize you have to give something up to aquire something lol. I don't think they could give Mccollum away at this point.

This is all un sourced speculation on Dreger and Mackenzie's part.

They are reliable when they are reporting sources, but as far as making their own predictions they aren't any more reliable than you or I.

Other than a Calgary Blog earlier this season I haven't read or heard anyone reference a source that Detroit has actually made any offers or that Calgary has actually requested anything.

When you see the word "may" as often as you do in that piece you can essentially disregard it as speculation to fill air time.

God no I don't want that contract. If we're going to take on that kind of money get me Gaborik to play with Dats. Plus, Yandle at 5 million is a MUCH better option than Bouwmeester at 6.8 and I'd gladly part with Mrazek for the latter.

Edited by kipwinger

As long as it's just a joke because we are talking about a guy who has played 2 career NHL games and was good in 1 of them. If Jimmy signs for 4-5 years where is Mrazek going to play? If the deal is right I would ship him out now.

I'd offer up Quincey/Tatar, McCollum, 1st. They can have White too if they want. That is all or I'd walk. His contract is too unreasonable to pay top dollar. He doesn't fit our team perfectly (He isn't very young, tough, on a good contract, or a RH dman). I'd only go all in for the perfect fit.

God no I don't want that contract. If we're going to take on that kind of money get me Gaborik to play with Dats. Yandle at 5 million is a MUCH better option than Bouwmeester at 6.8 and I'd gladly part with Mrazek for the latter.

Yandle, IMO is exactly what the team doesn't need. A one dimensional dman who is not very good in his own zone. J-Bo can play well at both ends of the ice, and has stepped up his game this year. I think he would be a great fit with the Wings. And his cap hit is just for one season. Everyone acts as if it is a cap hit the team would be stuck with forever. I don't get it.

He has size, can QB a powerplay, can move the puck well, and play well in his own zone. I don't understand how Yandle at just 1.8 mil less can be seen as a much better option. Yandle isn't even the best dman on his team.

And his cap hit is just for one season. Everyone acts as if it is a cap hit the team would be stuck with forever. I don't get it.

He will have to be re-signed or we lose him for nothing. He will want something of decent length and value as he already got big money once and he is 29 looking for that last long term deal. He will be at a similar cap hit or higher imo if re-signed.

Yandle, IMO is exactly what the team doesn't need. A one dimensional dman who is not very good in his own zone. J-Bo can play well at both ends of the ice, and has stepped up his game this year. I think he would be a great fit with the Wings. And his cap hit is just for one season. Everyone acts as if it is a cap hit the team would be stuck with forever. I don't get it.

He has size, can QB a powerplay, can move the puck well, and play well in his own zone. I don't understand how Yandle at just 1.8 mil less can be seen as a much better option. Yandle isn't even the best dman on his team.

Yandle's as good as Rafalski offensively and defensively, and he'd make our powerplay lethal. Plus, he's excellent in transition. He's already everything we're hoping Smith will be one day. His defensive play is wildly underrated. He only gets knocked because he's smallish.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a top minute shutdown defender who can play physical, I like Smid for that, but here's the thing...Bouwmeester isn't a physical shutdown defender either. You're getting a worse contract, marginally better defense, and worse offense for a lot more money and essentially the same asking price.

Plus, if Yandle's numbers weren't already impressive enough, imagine how much better they'd be on a team with offense who doesn't play a defense first system.

Edited by kipwinger

Yandle's as good as Rafalski offensively and defensively, and he'd make our powerplay lethal. Plus, he's excellent in transition. He's already everything we're hoping Smith will be one day. His defensive play is wildly underrated. He only gets knocked because he's smallish.

Ya I'd rather have Yandle over JBow. I'd see what Calgary would accept for JBow and then offer the same (or equivalent) to Phx for Yandle and see if they bite.

And thats just it. This team could use more size. They get injured enough as it is. The bigger they get, the healthier they get. J-Bo has also been an ironman. If there is something this team can use, it's someone who is not gonna be on IR regularly.