• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
b.shanafan14

Dreger: Wings 'very interested' in Bouwmeester *merged*

Rate this topic

Ya I'd rather have Yandle over JBow. I'd see what Calgary would accept for JBow and then offer the same (or equivalent) to Phx for Yandle and see if they bite.

According to the rumor sites they're asking for essentially the same thing, young roster player, prospect, pick.

And thats just it. This team could use more size. They get injured enough as it is. The bigger they get, the healthier they get. J-Bo has also been an ironman. If there is something this team can use, it's someone who is not gonna be on IR regularly.

yeah nothing like having expensive mediocrity in the lineup night after night after night after night after night.

And thats just it. This team could use more size. They get injured enough as it is. The bigger they get, the healthier they get. J-Bo has also been an ironman. If there is something this team can use, it's someone who is not gonna be on IR regularly.

Yandle is 6'2 and is only 26 atm and has played 3 straight 82 game seasons so I'd take that for the same price as JBo who is 29 and way more expensive and only 2 inches taller.

So according to most here at LGW, Holland needs to get off his ass and make this team better right now BUT ONLY if the moves are LGW approved.

Nope, only if the moves actually make the team better. Bouwmeester doesn't. Nobody is saying make a trade just to make a trade.

That would be a bad move all around.

It's a bad deal signing Howard to a 5 year deal? Let me guess you think we should offer him 2 years at 2.5 per?

14-8, 920 save %, 2.37 GAA on a team with serious defensive issues early on. He is a top 10 goalie and deserves to get paid as such.

Why is my troll brain telling me that, even though this is entirely media speculation to fill up space on the web, the fact that we're even talking "very interested" in Bouwmeester means we've been told we're out of the running for DeKeyser?

Because for the last few years every time we've lost any sort of talent it's been replaced by mediocre hacks?

Another thing I don't get, is that why would the Yotes even move him? He is locked up for 3 years beyond this season. If he gets moved, I figure it would make more sense in the summer, if at all, when they have a better idea of what will happen with the team. I just don't picture Yandle being moved. Calgary is finally entering rebuild mode, and j-bo will be moved.

I want him. Bouwmeester would really take some pressure off our other defenseman.

Yandle doesn't interest me as much. He's better offensively, but makes a ton more mistakes. We have enough offensively first defenseman, Quincey, Smith, Kronwall, White, Kindl... We need a guy that can eat minutes and upgrade us defensively. Bouwmeester may not be the best defeneman, but he may be the best option.

There just aren't that many good defenseman moving, Burns, and Suter are the main ones I can think of. I'm glad we stayed away from Carle.

I don't know, I think Bouwmeester may have a bigger effect then we realize, he's really wanting to make the playoffs, and I think the potential is there for him to really break out.

Who knows though, I completely understand the hesitant people, but if the price was right I don't see the reasons why we shouldn't. He would improve this team.

Another thing I don't get, is that why would the Yotes even move him? He is locked up for 3 years beyond this season. If he gets moved, I figure it would make more sense in the summer, if at all, when they have a better idea of what will happen with the team. I just don't picture Yandle being moved. Calgary is finally entering rebuild mode, and j-bo will be moved.

I don't pretend to know what Coyotes management is thinking. All I know is that it's pretty unanimous amongst hockey analysts that he's available.

Guest Crymson

We definitely need defense. It would not hurt to land a legit top pairing dman. If this team is gonna make a playoff run, it starts with bulking up defense. They have plenty of assests to land a dman and a top 6 winger.

I think J-Bo would be a fantastic adition to this team. Especially if they can trade for him now, then sign him to an extension over the summer.

He has another year at $6.7m. No thanks.

I want him. Bouwmeester would really take some pressure off our other defenseman.

Yandle doesn't interest me as much. He's better offensively, but makes a ton more mistakes. We have enough offensively first defenseman, Quincey, Smith, Kronwall, White, Kindl... We need a guy that can eat minutes and upgrade us defensively. Bouwmeester may not be the best defeneman, but he may be the best option.

There just aren't that many good defenseman moving, Burns, and Suter are the main ones I can think of. I'm glad we stayed away from Carle.

I don't know, I think Bouwmeester may have a bigger effect then we realize, he's really wanting to make the playoffs, and I think the potential is there for him to really break out.

Who knows though, I completely understand the hesitant people, but if the price was right I don't see the reasons why we shouldn't. He would improve this team.

That's exactly it, Yandle doesn't "make a ton of mistakes". It's the same absurd hearsay as Semin's "too lazy" for his money stuff. People repeat it just to repeat it. When Yandle first entered the league he was a 20 y/o offensive defenseman who was undersized. Of course his defense wasn't up to par, and then the reputation just stuck. Since then his complete game has rounded out and he's a top flight NHL talent across the board.

Also, Quincey is not an offensive defenseman...at least not a good one, and neither is White. Smith might be one day, but he's not scoring OR playing defense all that well. And Kindl surprisingly has been good on each side of the ice. Any way you cut it, as far as puck movers go our team looks better with...

Yandle

Kronwall

Smith/Kindl/Quincey

than it does with...

Kronwall

Smith

Kindl/Quincey/White

At first I wasn't on board with trading for Boumeester but if Calary is selling and we can swing a deal, I think Holland needs to aggressively go after him and a forward this deadline. My 2nd option for D would be Yandle but God knows what Phoenix would want for him, if they're willing to take offers on him at all.

That's exactly it, Yandle doesn't "make a ton of mistakes". It's the same absurd hearsay as Semin's "too lazy" for his money stuff. People repeat it just to repeat it. When Yandle first entered the league he was a 20 y/o offensive defenseman who was undersized. Of course his defense wasn't up to par, and then the reputation just stuck. Since then his complete game has rounded out and he's a top flight NHL talent across the board.

Also, Quincey is not an offensive defenseman...at least not a good one, and neither is White. Smith might be one day, but he's not scoring OR playing defense all that well. And Kindl surprisingly has been good on each side of the ice. Any way you cut it, as far as puck movers go our team looks better with...

Yandle

Kronwall

Smith/Kindl/Quincey

than it does with...

Kronwall

Smith

Kindl/Quincey/White

No doubt, but I think the resources put into Yandle would make us more one dimensional on that back end.

And he does make a ton of mistakes, just like Kronwall. He takes a ton of penalites(2nd on his team for 3 years in a row), he has bad pinches.

If he was good defensively he would play more than 3 seconds a game on the penalty kill.

I just think he's too similar to Kronwall, and would be too many of the same type guys.

Bouwmeester is much more versatile.

No doubt, but I think the resources put into Yandle would make us more one dimensional on that back end.

And he does make a ton of mistakes, just like Kronwall. He takes a ton of penalites(2nd on his team for 3 years in a row), he has bad pinches.

If he was good defensively he would play more than 3 seconds a game on the penalty kill.

I just think he's too similar to Kronwall, and would be too many of the same type guys.

This. And I also think that we haven't seen his best hockey yet. I think he would be rejuvinated playing on a playoff team.

Why would Phoenix just give up Yandle ? Because we are the Detroit Red Wings and we demand him ? We would have to pay alot more to get him, defensively he's not that great.

Calgary is looking to move J-Bo so he would be had for much less, I would rather pay less to get a good defensemen than overpay big time to get Yandle just because we are exploring J-Bo.

Would rather have Yandle. Has more playoff experience. Has more upside. Although I like the good defense creates offense argument, I like our defense. If we're spending $5M-6M, I'd actually prefer to have Jagr, Gaborik or even St Louis.

Edited by redwings15

First of all, Bouwmeester isn't more versatile. He's good on the PK, Yandle is good on the PP. Neither are physical. Both play a ton of games, and log a ton of minutes. Secondly, versatility is overrated. Dan Cleary is versatile too. I'd rather have a player who's exceptional at something than a jack of all trades who's not particularly good at any one thing. You can build around one, the other is just a plug. In this case, an expensive plug.

First of all, Bouwmeester isn't more versatile. He's good on the PK, Yandle is good on the PP. Neither are physical. Both play a ton of games, and log a ton of minutes. Secondly, versatility is overrated. Dan Cleary is versatile too. I'd rather have a player who's exceptional at something than a jack of all trades who's not particularly good at any one thing. You can build around one, the other is just a plug. In this case, an expensive plug.

An plug that plays 25 mintues a night...

Bouwmeester is not a plug. He may not be elite, or even very good. But he is a top pairing guy in this league, and he's never been on a good team.

It depends on the price for me.