• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
b.shanafan14

Dreger: Wings 'very interested' in Bouwmeester *merged*

Rate this topic

I can't beieve you compare him to Kronwall. He has more give away playing less minutes, not playing SH and they try to get him off the ice against top lines. He doesn't hit or block shots.

Of the top 10 scoring d-men in the league only 1 has less giveaways than Kronwall.

We have been spoiled by watching Perfect Human Being for so long.

I was being nice to Yandle. I think Kronwall is miles better defensively.

But fact is they are both point producers, and I think Kronwall still takes too many risks for a number one defenseman, he takes entirely too many penalties just look at where he ranks in the league for crying out loud. They are pretty similar when it comes to their decencies to be honest. And that's why I don't like the fit.

Edited by Carman

Guest Johnz96

I don't think the connection between Bouwmeester and his teams missing the playoffs is really fair at all. He has played for Florida and a Calgary run franchise that has no plan besides to linger in mediocrity.

They always made the playoffs before he got there.

18 million in cap space, we should be fine, should have no problem keeping Brunner, our RFAs, Howard and getting Horton.

This too.

I wouldn't touch Mrazek, unless we kept the first round pick.

The Wings will have enough trouble even keeping our current FA's there is very little chance we can afford a Horton unless we let go of someone else.

WIth Datsyuk potentially leaving for Russia after next season, Flip is now far more valuable than he was before, he is by far the most likely to take over the #2 center role should Datsyuk retire. Its unlikely Jarnkrok is going to be able to step into the role in the next few years and as we learned from the FA period last offseason, its a gamble to try and replace someone through UFA.

Looking at this offseason's FA's even thinking optimistically we are probably looking at a minimum of

Flip 4m

Howard 4m

Brunner 3m

Kindl 2.5m

Smith 2.5m

Nyquist 1m

Andersson 1m

With absolutely nothing left to offer to Cleary, Miller, White, Mursak or Huskins. The Wings cap situation isn't good.

They always made the playoffs before he got there.

Calgary had lost in the first round four consecutive seasons before Bouwmeester's arrival. The inability to retool was in place already. It just continued on in Bouwmeester's time there since. I don't know how Bouwmeester is supposed to control poor management decisions.

If we trade for Bouwmeester I'm going to lose it. Why take on that s*** contract for that s*** player when Yandle is supposedly available?

Just wait, next thing you know we land Bouwmeester for nyquist, tatar, mrazek & a pick, even though the Pens got Jarome for Angostini and a wet fart.

Just wait, next thing you know we land Bouwmeester for nyquist, tatar, mrazek & a pick, even though the Pens got Jarome for Angostini and a wet fart.

Those two prospects better turn out to be the next Gretzky and Messier, or else I'll be forever pissed. :lol:

Please God no. Looks like we'd have to give up one of McCollum or Mrazek. For the former, MAYBE. For the latter, no effing way. We need scoring help, not defense; especially the pylon.

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/something-to-chew-on?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

You wouldn't include McCollum in a deal for him?

You wouldn't include McCollum in a deal for him?

Wasn't McCollum already written off for the most part anyways? If Howard stays consistent, we'll be fine in goal for 5-6 years. We can afford to lose a prospect at goal, especially if it's McCollum. Mrazek would be a little harder to swallow, which is also why he'd likely be the guy they wanted. I didn't see McCollum mentioned anywhere either.

I'd be in for getting Bouwmeester, just as long as it doesn't cost us Tatar, Nyquist, Smith, or Jarnkrok.

you forgot mrazek sheahan sproul frk jurco ouellet backman

i dont care if it means we dont get bouwmeester or yandle or whomever we cant touch those players at all

i do think unfortunetly nyquist and/or tatar will be gone by the trade deadline

I would love to see J Bo here. Our defense is solid, but it isn't great. We still need a top two guy and he fits the bill. Plus, he would help our offense set up better than anyone else we have on the back end other than Kronwall.

We would have to give up a defenseman to clear space. Kindl, Patterson and a 2nd?

Guest Crymson

At first I wasn't on board with trading for Boumeester but if Calary is selling and we can swing a deal, I think Holland needs to aggressively go after him and a forward this deadline. My 2nd option for D would be Yandle but God knows what Phoenix would want for him, if they're willing to take offers on him at all.

Wouldn't it be fun if having Bouwmeester completely handcuffed the team in the offseason?

Totally agree. J-bo seems like it would be a very low maintinance move, in terms of fitting in with the team. Where as Yandle might provide a little more scoring, but also a lot of cursing due to bad pinches.

Low maintenance? Do you mean aside from the assets he'd cost and how much cap he'd eat up?

He's not a #1 defenseman anymore.

Guest Crymson

I would love to see J Bo here. Our defense is solid, but it isn't great. We still need a top two guy and he fits the bill. Plus, he would help our offense set up better than anyone else we have on the back end other than Kronwall.

We would have to give up a defenseman to clear space. Kindl, Patterson and a 2nd?

Offense? Are you aware that he has totaled 77 points over his past 246 games? No offensively-capable, top-pairing d-man on any team musters less than 30 points for three seasons in a row.

Wouldn't it be fun if having Bouwmeester completely handcuffed the team in the offseason?

Low maintenance? Do you mean aside from the assets he'd cost and how much cap he'd eat up?

He's not a #1 defenseman anymore.

He's looked like a #1 everytime i've watched him this year.

Guest Crymson

Bouwmeester would instantly become our best defenseman. If the price wasn't anything too outrageous, i'd do it in a heartbeat.

The number of people who have made this claim without actually seeing the guy play is truly frightening.

Perhaps some are living in his stats of five years ago.

ryan whitney would be the perfect pick up forget bouwmeester , he wouldnt cost as much to get and he would be a ufa and not carry a 6.6 cap hit next year

that being said who would be out of the line up if we got another defensemen??? gotta say i been really impressed with kindl and lashoff smith's not going anywhere as well as kronwall and ericsson .... quincey would be out of the lineup when he returns if we got someone else??? guessing it would be lashoff and kindl rotating

The number of people who have made this claim without actually seeing the guy play is truly frightening.

Perhaps some are living in his stats of five years ago.

Eh, I watch him alot. I watch the Oilers, Canucks & Flames quite a bit due to my location and the fact most of my family and friends are fans of those three teams.

I think he'd fit our style of play much better than that of the slow, grind it out style Calgary has played ever since he's been there. He plays shutdown minutes on that team as well, which hurts his offensive game, since all you seem to care about is stats.

Edited by Tr!PoD#19

Guest Johnz96

Calgary had lost in the first round four consecutive seasons before Bouwmeester's arrival. The inability to retool was in place already. It just continued on in Bouwmeester's time there since. I don't know how Bouwmeester is supposed to control poor management decisions.

You mean like using $6.8 mil of their cap space on Bouwmesster?