• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
b.shanafan14

Dreger: Wings 'very interested' in Bouwmeester *merged*

Rate this topic

Neither. He failed to make even the top 45 in fantasy rankings, and rightfully so.

I'll go ahead and list 15 defensemen who are better than him (because you think so lowly of Kronwall, I'll leave him out). In no particular order:

Karlsson

Pietrangelo

OEL

Chara

Girardi

Staal

Letang

Suter

Weber

Edler

Shattenkirk

Keith

Burns

Subban

Markov

I could go on, if you want.

Fantasy rankings are a joke. He's not top 10, maybe top 15, definitely top 20.

Do people think Bouwmeester is better than Kronwall?

Kronwall is a # 2 man is my final answer on the matter.

Burns isn't a defenseman anymore.

Don't kill me.

Sorry number9 that was meant for Crymson

Nevermind. My post was before people's posts were edited. My bad.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Guest Crymson

Burns isn't a defenseman anymore.

Burns isn't a defenseman at the moment. He has played nine games as a forward and 540 as a defenseman, making your claim a bit ridiculous.

Guest Crymson

JBo a -4 so far tonight.

Yep, he has been terrible. Zero assists and a -4.

As for your critique on my list, I'd like for you to explain to me how Bouwmeester is better than anyone on it.

The Burns thing is actually pretty cool. Why hasn't Babs tried that? Didn't E play forward once upon a time?

I think it only works rarely. Byflugien is one of the few who can do it. Chara and Pronger as forwards on the PP works well on occasion too. E is probably the one I'd play as a forward though, If I had to. Put him in front of the opponents net.

I didn't read through this whole thing, so forgive me if someone has already said this... My worry would be the price. After getting somewhat fleeced in the Iginla deal, I wonder if Feaster will ask a kings ransom for Bouwmeester since he doesn't really need to get rid of him.

I didn't read through this whole thing, so forgive me if someone has already said this... My worry would be the price. After getting somewhat fleeced in the Iginla deal, I wonder if Feaster will ask a kings ransom for Bouwmeester since he doesn't really need to get rid of him.

Doubt it, his contract is so inflated I think he'd have to come down in asking price in order to move him. Unless Calgary retains a good portion of his salary that is

Guest Crymson

Further news on Bouwmeester's awful game tonight. The highlights are here. Bouwmeester figured directly into three of the four goals-against that occurred while he was on the ice.

Goal-against 1: Bouwmeester was directly responsible for the 2-on-1 that led to this Jackets goal, as he pinched in to pick up a puck that was coming up the boards and completely whiffed on it (despite the puck being flat on the ice).
Goal-against 2: Bouwmeester completely failed to defend Calvert, who sniped it over him and into the net.
Goal-against 3: Bouwmeester failed to pick up a man coming late on the rush to his right, and also failed to intercept the pass to that player. Goal.

His other stats for the game included one shot, one hit, and zero blocks, and he was not on the ice for a single one of the Flames' goals.

This guy's first-pairing tag is very questionable. He is most assuredly not a #1 defenseman.

Edited by Crymson

Further news on Bouwmeester's awful game tonight. The highlights are here. Bouwmeester figured directly into three of the four goals-against that occurred while he was on the ice.

Goal-against 1: Bouwmeester was directly responsible for the 2-on-1 that led to this Jackets goal, as he pinched in to pick up a puck that was coming up the boards and completely whiffed on it (despite the puck being flat on the ice).

Goal-against 2: Bouwmeester completely failed to defend Calvert, who sniped it over him and into the net.

Goal-against 3: Bouwmeester failed to pick up a man coming late on the rush to his right, and also failed to intercept the pass to that player. Goal.

His other stats for the game included one shot, one hit, and zero blocks, and he was not on the ice for a single one of the Flames' goals.

This guy's first-pairing tag is very questionable. He is most assuredly not a #1 defenseman.

Can't believe anyone on here even considers him a top 4 guy. The #4 spot is the most I'd give him. He'd be a terrible player to bring into this organization. Underachieves like crazy. Zero intensity in his game. Rather have Huskins.

Burns isn't a defenseman at the moment. He has played nine games as a forward and 540 as a defenseman, making your claim a bit ridiculous.

Yeah you are right Crymson.

My bad. You know everything.

Wanna play pick up hockey sometime?

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Guest Crymson

Yeah you are right Crymson.

My bad. You know everything.

I don't see how what I wrote would have suggested that I know everything. I pointed out a simple figure. In this event, I am right; he is being used as a forward at the moment, but he has played the vast, vast majority of his career as a defenseman.

Wanna play pick up hockey sometime?

Thanks, but no, and I don't see the relevance of the question.

Edited by Crymson

Guest Johnz96

Neither. He failed to make even the top 45 in fantasy rankings, and rightfully so.

I'll go ahead and list 15 defensemen who are better than him (because you think so lowly of Kronwall, I'll leave him out). In no particular order:

Karlsson

Pietrangelo

OEL

Chara

Girardi

Staal

Letang

Suter

Weber

Edler

Shattenkirk

Keith

Burns

Subban

Markov

I could go on, if you want.

Lol. Kronwall is better than a lot of those guys. Burns was so good on D, they decided to move him to forward.

I was almost gonna give you a like for that one. Fantasy rankings ARE a joke if you said 'maybe not top 10 but definitely top 15', I wouda

Yep, he has been terrible. Zero assists and a -4.

As for your critique on my list, I'd like for you to explain to me how Bouwmeester is better than anyone on it.

Bouwmeester isn't, Kronwall definitely is

Edited by Johnz96

I don't see how what I wrote would have suggested that I know everything. I pointed out a simple figure. In this event, I am right; he is being used as a forward at the moment, but he has played the vast, vast majority of his career as a defenseman.

Your d-men list was an opinion figure is what I'm referring to. Speaking of which had Burns over Kronwall?

Can't say your right, sorry.

Guest Johnz96

If he was on †he Wings, a mule wouldn't be the goat on LGW anymore

Edited by Johnz96

Guest Crymson

Your d-men list was an opinion figure is what I'm referring to. Speaking of which had Burns over Kronwall?

Can't say your right, sorry.

It was indeed an opinion figure. As for Kronwall, I noted that I deliberately did not include him. I believe that he is more valuable than some of the defensemen on that list.

Guest Crymson

I thought it was a kronwall comparison. I think jbo is worse than all.

Fair enough.

The impression I've gotten from Flames fans is that he doesn't really play with any urgency or spirit.

Kronwall hurts his team just as much as Bouwmeester does, if I had the time I would find all of his uncovered offensive zone pinches, being out of position and neutral zone risks and I could make Kronwall look just as bad. Kronwall has taken the 2nd most minors in the NHL for defenseman, that's not good for a number one guy, Bouwmeester for example has taken 8 penalities while play 25 minutes a night, while Kronwall has taken 17. That's a pretty telling statistic in today's age when penalties get called because you are caught out of position.

But let's go over the examples you gave from last night

And on that specific play by bouwmeester on that 2 on 1, Hudler completely abandoned being the high man after Bouwmeester saw him, and already committed, and if I'm in the film room would blame him, not bouwmeester. Bouwmeester saw Hudler make his way to cover, and Hudler didn't cover after Bouwmeester already committed. Pinching isn't a bad thing, especially when you see you have a high man.

And you're going to blame him for taking the pass away on a 2 on 1 on the Calvert goal? What level of hockey did you play? As a defenseman on a 2 on 1, your job is to take away the pass and keep the puck carrier to an outside shot, Bouwmeester did his job, and he didn't let him get in on the goalie. I'm confused on how that's at all his fault.

And once again on the third goal, his forward Stempniak gave absolutely no effort on the back check, and it was a 3 on 2, if he leaves the middle of the ice Prospal has an easy path to the goal. That goal is also on Stempniak for not skating hard and taking the late man, it's not on Bouwmeester leaving the middle of the ice to take a late man.