• This topic is locked This topic is locked
214 replies to this topic

#201 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

For the love of god Jay Bo is not has bad as most of you guys have him out to be. He would thrive on our team, most of you would be suprised. He would be a soild top 4 defensman and would help this team HUGE come playoffs.  For me the question is why give up so much youth for another d man. We are already loaded on defense prospects and we just landed DeKeyser. You guys can stop worrying tho because there is no way Holand will add Jay Bo.  In his mind It just doesnt make sense for the price. I would differ from that and go ahead and make a trade.

I would like holland to add a scorer like Cammy or Loui Eriksson ( or anyone good) as are offense needs a huge boost. Everyone is talking about are defense needing an upgrade because of the lidstrom and stuart departure but IMO we need offense for obvious reasons.  

In reality I dont think we will make a move beause of the "prices" which is kinda stupid because we have expenable prospects. in my mind we will see another early playoff exit because "we need a scorer"   O and btw we will not be getting Yandle so everyone should forget about that. I gurantee it

this is why Bouwmeester would fit in well here. he doesnt play a grind game and we wouldnt want him to. He would be a soild skating offesive puck moving d man

I don't think anyone thinks he is terrible, nor do I think that people think he won't do well in our system... the main issue most everyone here has, is his cap hit. No matter how you slice it, he is vastly overpayed, and I personally do not want that cap crippling our team with the cap dropping next year.

#202 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:09 AM

For the love of god Jay Bo is not has bad as most of you guys have him out to be. He would thrive on our team, most of you would be suprised.

He was given every chance in Calgary and failed. He's not worth the assets, regardless.

He would be a soild top 4 defensman and would help this team HUGE come playoffs.  For me the question is why give up so much youth for another d man. We are already loaded on defense prospects and we just landed DeKeyser. You guys can stop worrying tho because there is no way Holand will add Jay Bo.  In his mind It just doesnt make sense for the price. I would differ from that and go ahead and make a trade.

It's difficult to say how well he would perform in the playoffs, given that he is one of the very, very few longtime NHL players who has not once experienced the postseason.

I would like holland to add a scorer like Cammy or Loui Eriksson ( or anyone good) as are offense needs a huge boost. Everyone is talking about are defense needing an upgrade because of the lidstrom and stuart departure but IMO we need offense for obvious reasons. 

Cammalleri is a possible option, given that Feaster is in all-out sell mode. Eriksson is not an option. He is hugely underrated two-way forward and possibly the single most important member of his team. It would take a king's ransom to draw him away from Dallas.

In reality I dont think we will make a move beause of the "prices" which is kinda stupid because we have expenable prospects. in my mind we will see another early playoff exit because "we need a scorer"   O and btw we will not be getting Yandle so everyone should forget about that. I gurantee it

At this stage, we do not really have expendable prospects. I agree about Yandle.

this is why Bouwmeester would fit in well here. he doesnt play a grind game and we wouldnt want him to. He would be a soild skating offesive puck moving d man

Given his horrid offensive performance in Calgary over the past three seasons, I don't get why his puck-moving skills are so constantly overstated. As for his physical game, it would really be great for any team he played on were he to use his size more. But he doesn't. Saying we wouldn't need him to play in that manner is strange.

#203 Bryguy

Bryguy

Zata

• PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

I think he would be a great addition, would fit in pretty dam good. Specially if you look at the defensemen free agents for this summer, its just absolutely brutal there is not one guy on the list that I would rather have over Jaybo.

#204 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:05 AM

Price has gone down my friends. According to bleacher report it may not cost us a first round draft pick. 2nd rounder and a minor league NHL ready prospect. Gustav Nyquist....

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#205 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

Wings in play for JayBo but rumours abound that Yandle is now available for the right price!?

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#206 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,458 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:16 AM

Price has gone down my friends. According to bleacher report it may not cost us a first round draft pick. 2nd rounder and a minor league NHL ready prospect. Gustav Nyquist....

make that trade RIGHT NOW

#207 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

Even tho STL added Leopold, my sense is Blues are still keen to add another D. STL and DET continue to chase CGY's Jay Bouwmeester.

Hand him to the Blues please

Edited by irishock, 01 April 2013 - 01:38 PM.

bringit.jpg

#208 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

Filppula, Kindl and a 2nd for Bouwmeester and Bartschi

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#209 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

Depends if they want defense nor a forward. Better for us to move a d like kindle if he meets their reqs.

#210 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

Even tho STL added Leopold, my sense is Blues are still keen to add another D. STL and DET continue to chase CGY's Jay Bouwmeester.

Hand him to the Blues please

I would rather us get him, then st. louis. St. Louis already is potentially the most dangerous team in the west, but are underperforming. adding someone like jbo could really spark them back to last years form... which is quite scary to think of

#211 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:34 PM

make that trade RIGHT NOW

are you guys f*cken serious???? zero chance habs trade price at all

#212 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

no one said anything about trading price...

#213 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

They're talking about JBo, as in the price to aquire him may have gone down.

Edited by marcaractac, 01 April 2013 - 02:39 PM.

#214 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

hahaha sorry guys  my bad ! .. but even there for bouweester a 2nd round pick and nyquist wouldnt be enough to get him and i HATE his cap hit of 6.6 its way too much

#215 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

JBo to St Louis:

http://flames.nhl.co...s.htm?id=663316